View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sublingual nutmeg essential oil

psychonaut247

Greenlighter
So I grabbed some nutmeg essential oil from the store the other day and started experimenting with it. I first put it in water and drank it which gave me minimal effects. I then tried putting it in capsules and also had next to nothing happen. Eventually I decided to try to use some sublingually (after discovering that it didn't burn like hell to hold under my tongue) and got much stronger effects. Last night there was a point where my thoughts were very fuzzy/psychedelic and I was having a hard time completing a thought but everything just seemed incredibly beautiful I was feeling extremely blissful in a way that reminded me of the best part of a strong DXM high. Visual effects were minimal which I didn't expect. The peak was shortlived and the entire experience lasted maybe an hour (?). I'm going to experiment more with this and if any other information comes up I'll throw it here. The sublingual dose I was using was around 1-2ml and orally I had taken up to 4.

Of course it makes a lot of sense for the effects to have been so much stronger sublingually because one of the main problems with these chemicals is that they're metabolized so quickly which would also explain why it lasted such a short time... Anyway I just thought it was interesting and haven't seen anyone else post anything about this they'll either just talk about oral use or at most combination with enzyme inhibitors.

I don't think big doses of nutmeg compounds are that safe and inhibiting the enzymes that are supposed to break them down is not recommended IMO.

A lot of people have unpleasant experiences with nutmeg, and I am suprised you didn't... Still be careful with taking certain drugs just because you can't get 'better' ones with a more effective / safe profile.

Or do you think this sounds positive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutmeg#Psychoactivity_and_toxicity
?

One of my former roommates (who would take any/every drug available to him) tried nutmeg on one occasion. I decided against it and was glad I did. He found it's effects to mainly consist of "feeling weird" and "feeling very sick".

In college, sophomore year, I experimented with nutmeg a number of times, orally from fresh ground seeds though. My best experience was when I took it in the morning and went to a nature reserve for hours. I felt so blissful and colors were beautiful. It lasted the whole day, and I couldn't get it up for that day and the next... I noticed that about nutmeg. I never had a bad experience actually, but it did feel a bit toxic.

I think nutmeg essential oil is a skin and mucous membrane irritant if applied directly. Most terpenes and phenylpropanoids are.

Well it didn't irritate under my tongue it stung a few places but it really wasn't that bad at all, and the toxic part of nutmeg is one of the fats which isn't in the essential oil. I dunno if it's reliable but I read somewhere that the lethal dose of the essential oil was supposed to be around 200ml... Nobody really has toxic or bad experiences with the essential oils as you can find on any thread about it on the web.

A lot of people have unpleasant experiences with nutmeg, and I am suprised you didn't... Still be careful with taking certain drugs just because you can't get 'better' ones with a more effective / safe profile.
?
I tried out grinding up about 4 whole seeds recently and it was a fantastic experience that lasted about a day and a half. It got a little intense at the peak of the trip, somewhat like LSA in my experiences, but for the most part it felt like a really strong cannabis high and I had no "hangover" feelings whatsoever. I felt really clear headed and peaceful after it wore off. I do completely believe that it shouldn't be done often and can be very dangerous but for some I think it can be a really positive and calming experience.

Nutmeg oil is not really a safe thing to try to get high on. Myristicin is the main psychedelic related constituent and it is known to cause liver damage in high doses. It also has a small amount of safrole, which is a known carcinogen. The rest is terpenes, which I can't see being beneficial. They are basically like turpentine. With the ready availability of pure psychedelic compounds of low toxicity it would seem unwise to resort to such a crude mixture as nutmeg oil. But of course it's your body and you can put whatever you want into it. Personally, nutmeg oil isn't on my list of things I am interested in imbibing. I did try it a few times in my younger years but all I ever got from it was disgusting tasting burps. If it is absorbed subligually then all those terpenes and carcinogenic safrole are going straight into your bloodstream. Can't see that as a good thing. Organ damage or cancer seems like a rather high price to pay for a weak buzz of some sort. Even if it was a solid buzz, for that matter.