Writing-up What are your motivations, experiences and opinions of Not-Established Drugs

psychoactive_pupil

Greenlighter
Hey :D,

My name is Erica Franklin, and I'm currently undertaking my honors year in Criminology and Criminal Justice at the University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia). I am currently examining not-established psychoactive substances (NESP). NESP have also been labelled as synthetic drugs, designer drugs, emerging psychoactive substances, new psychoactive substances or novel psychoactive substances. Examples of NESP are: DMT, Mephedrone, Daitura, ayahuasca, the 2C-X family (e.g. 2C-B, 2C-E, etc.), the NBOMe family, etc. I am interested in interviewing NESP users as to why they are motivated to consume NESP, their subjective experiences of NESP, and their opinions towards how NESP regulatory systems impact their consumption.

I am looking to recruit people who are 18 years and older, that live within the Sydney region, and who have used an EMERGING or NOVEL psychoactive substance, or any stimulant or hallucinogen that you consider to be NOT CONVENTIONAL or NOT ESTABLISHED within the past two years.

Interviews will be conducted in person at a cafe that is conveniently located for you. Interviews will take approx. one hour and you will be reimbursed $25 for your time.

If you are interested in participating you can contact me via [email protected], 0487-266-654 or through the Bluelight Private messaging system.

Recruitment began on 13th June 2014 and will continue until October 11th 2014.

This research has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee at the University of New South Wales.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Erica Franklin =D

Hey I thought I would clarify what psychoactive substances I am interested in researching. If you have consumed any of the psychoactive substances on the list below within the past two years I would love to interview you.

Not Established Psychoactive Substance (NESP)
Stimulants
5-IAI
6-APB
(Benzo Fury)
BZP
Mephedrone
(Miaow, 4MMC, Meow
Meow)
Methylone/bk-MDMA
Other Substitute Cathinone
(e.g. flephedrone (4-MMC);
Buphedrone; 4-MEC; 3,4-DMMC;
3-FMC; Brephedrone; Butylone
etc.)
MDAI
MDPV
(Ivory Wave)
PMA
Depressants/ Dissociative
Methoxetamine (MXE)
Hallucinogens
5-MeO-DMT
Datura
(Angel’s Trumpet)
DMT
DOI
(Death On Impact)
LSA
(Hawaiian Baby)
Mescaline
NBOMe
(25I, 25B, 25C, other)
Salvia Divinorum
Tripstasy
2C-B
(nexus, Bromo, TWO’s,
Trypstacy)
2C-E
(hummingbird, Europa)
2C-I
2C-(Other)
e.g. B-Fly, C, D, P, T2, T4, T7, T21.
Synthetic Cannabinoid
K2/Spice
Kronic
Other Synthetic Cannabinoid
Capsule Contents Unknown
Herbal High ‘Blends’
e.g. Doves, XXX, Buzz, White
Revolver, Purple Bombs, White
Bull, Empathy, Cherry Bomb

The NESP list above is not definitive. I would really like to interview anyone who has consumed any substance beyond the traditional/conventional or established illicit psychoactive substances on the list below. Please note, I am not interested in interviewing people about pharmaceutical drug use.

Established Psychoactive Substances (EPS)
Stimulants
Cocaine
Methamphetamine Powder (Speed)
Methamphetamine Paste (Base)
Methamphetamine (Crystal)
MDA
MDMA (Pills, Powder, Caps, Crystal)
Depressant/Dissociative
Alcohol
Amyl Nitrate: “Rush” “Jungle Juice”
Cannabis/ Marijuana
GHB/GBL = “Liquid E”
Heroin
Ketamine
Mescaline
Nitrous Oxide
Hallucinogen
LSD: “acid”
Psilocybin Mushrooms: “Magic Mushrooms”

I hope to hear from you soon.

Erica :)

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who has viewed my advertisement. I have completed recruitment and I am now in the writing up phase. It is expected my findings will be published in November. Thanks again.

Just a tip but many of the substance you listed as being "non established" are actually very well established. DMT, Mescaline, and Salvia to name a few. I guess they are somewhat obscure to people who don't use drugs but I feel calling them non established is not accurate.