• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

EADD Benzo Discussion v. Finally remembered to start a new thread.

you'll probably get zopiclone, if you're lucky, Chatative, i would say that it would be very surprising if they scripted you benzos. It just goes completely against all of the current guidelines. GPs are wanting people off benzos, not starting them off on them. They are having to deal with people they started prescribing benzos to decades ago, apparently before they properly understood what the consequences would be.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1325629.stm

There are tons of worrying, interesting and relevant links on that page. Especially those links in the yellow box.

You'd be better opting for old school 'first generation' anti histamines imo. Im not very well informed about them, but they do give you a good long nights sleep, and pretty sure they are nowhere near as dependency/addiction forming as benzos. They are also piss easy to acquire from online pharmacies.

Even the Z drugs can be dependancy forming, my GP once gave me one weeks worth of 3.5 mg Zopiclone tablets, which were abosuletly useless for me with my etiz tolerance. She seemed well aware of that herself, telling me i might need to take 2 tablets per night. I only tried them once or twice, ive probably still got some of that prescribed stuff left as they were so ineffectual.

Last edited:
I guess Ambien would be the likely one then? Hmm actually Zopiclone sounds more likely half-life wise. (*edit* - as you said.)

Yeah, how severe are your sleep issues anyway Chattative?

I wake up once or twice & can't get back to sleep after 4am on the dot pretty much. It's kind of somewhere in between... I just want to hit the nail on the head before it gets worse.

Having been prescribed zolpidem(ambien) and temazepam the temazepam was a far better sleep aid. Ambien is great for the initial knockout but didn't last long enough and I would wake up after a few hours. Temazepam was just as effective getting to sleep and had the legs to stay asleep.

What would be the best benzo to take if I have problems staying asleep? I can get to sleep no problem, just wake up constantly throughout the night. On a good night I'll still wake up at least 10 times and on a bad night it can be many more times. This has been like this for a good few years now and I'm feeling tired all the time, nearly falling asleep at my desk at work every day etc. Was prescribed a weeks supply of temazepam a few years ago by my doctor but even then I still only managed about 3-4 hours of unbroken sleep then kept waking up again the rest of the night.

What would be the best benzo to take if I have problems staying asleep? I can get to sleep no problem, just wake up constantly throughout the night. On a good night I'll still wake up at least 10 times and on a bad night it can be many more times. This has been like this for a good few years now and I'm feeling tired all the time, nearly falling asleep at my desk at work every day etc. Was prescribed a weeks supply of temazepam a few years ago by my doctor but even then I still only managed about 3-4 hours of unbroken sleep then kept waking up again the rest of the night.

Nitrazepam (Mogadon) but you're never going to get it.

Well MDB was right... my GP said that Promethazine is safe alongside Citalopram & despite the fact it's only better for getting to sleep rather than staying asleep, he wants to see how I get on with a slightly higher dose of that. He said he might be willing to do a short course of Zopiclone if that didn't help.

Will see how I get on with 50mg tonight.

I thought it was MAOIs that didn't combine well with promethazine?

50mg makes me fuzzy and heavy for a while, I usually don't find it unpleasant except for the cottonmouth. IMO it can be a pretty nice sleeper if you keep your tolerance down.

Yeah that's what was said. I'd found some dud bit of information on the internet, all too easy these days. 8)

Well MDB was right... my GP said that Promethazine is safe alongside Citalopram & despite the fact it's only better for getting to sleep rather than staying asleep, he wants to see how I get on with a slightly higher dose of that.

I disagree with promethazine being better for getting to sleep rather than for staying asleep. The effect can linger for quite some time, you'll be sedated for a long while if you dose high enough. Even at moderate dosages I can still feel groggy and heavy after a long prometha-sleep.

How disappointed are you to not get temazepam? Be honest.=D

'maybe a course of zopiclone'....motherfucker of a doctor man.

You should have told them you had tried everything available otc (valerian root, promethazine, diphenhydramine....), sleep hygeine etc etc already that way you kind of force their hand in to at least cracking on with the zopiclone (which I would return with a week later acting dumb and say it wasn't helping and pulling an awfully sensible face say I didn't want to be taking a medicine that wasn't having any effect).

I would also second that promethazine is the opposite of what your doctor is saying and better for staying asleep than getting to sleep.

I know a lot of people like temazepam but for me it just doesn't seem to really do much, i much prefer diazepam as i can actually feel that. I'm not hugely into benzos,probably first started taking vallies a couple of years back and i can still take 10mg diazepam and feel nice of just the one pill. I don't take them on a very regular basis anymore, i used to take 10-20mg every 2-3 days in the past but now i may not take any for a few weeks or just take 10mg once or twice a week but that's only occasionally.
I'm thankful that for some reason i don't feel the urge to keep taking more pills as after everything i've read on Bluelight the last thing i'd want is a benzo addiction

I was given 3 1mg Ativan last week by a friend. Never had it before so i only took one pill in the afternoon and ended up falling asleep for around 3 hours. I think it is only equivalent to 10mg diazepam but it still knocked me out for those few hours. I didn't feel drowsy upon waking up though whereas i usually do after diazepam.

I used to order 2.5mg ativan's (lorazepam), I rated them quite high, not very hypnotic or sleepy but with a daydreamy quality, somewhat hallucinogenic. Just a bit of weirdness, not as much as the Z-drugs which can be very trippy for me.

I'll generally take any of the hypnotics over any of the anxiolytics, much more recreational value imo.

That would drive me nuts

Aye its pretty brutal, wasn't so bad while I was at uni then working backshift for a few years and could sleep in for longer, but been 9-5 the last year and been shattered all the time. Been trying to do a lot of exercise recently to try and tire myself out and get a good sleep but still hasn't helped much. Might see if there's any nitrazepam on the darkweb as I'm pretty certain my doc won't prescribe me anything like that.

I used to order 2.5mg ativan's (lorazepam), I rated them quite high, not very hypnotic or sleepy but with a daydreamy quality, somewhat hallucinogenic. Just a bit of weirdness, not as much as the Z-drugs which can be very trippy for me.
I do recall feeling a slight 'weirdness' in my head as the pill started to hit me. I was sat on my bed watching something on Youtube and i laid my head down on my pillow to get comfy and next thing i know i'm waking up and three hours had passed. It was exactly the same when i had a xanax, that put me to sleep and if i've nothing to do then 10-15mg diazepam will make me crash out as well. I must be a right lightweight regarding benzos

took a silly dose of etiz last night out of boredom and a lack of weed/beer. Need to knock it on the head before i start getting problems with WDs ect. hopefully my kratom arrives today to balance me out for a couple days and avoid any rebound anxiety. Far too easy to take a few drops of my seemingly never-ending liquid solution.