• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth overdose from 5 hr energy drink,,,

It's never is a good idea when your still recovering

Bella hunn, do you still have the meth.. if so why is it not down the toilet already?

I'm throwing this post from your other thread up for the benefit of others who may read this..

There were two small pieces in the bathroom in a jewelry box and I needed to get to my parent.... Poor choices right? Who would think after two small bumps I would have a repeat episode??? Really. I've be in bed and eating for 2days and a get a replay but less sever... I took my bedtime meds, 2mg Risperdone and my diazepam..... What do you think would cause that to happen again unless the first episode did damage to my brain... .. How long will this last do you think?

bella

Nit picking: combining meth and wellbutrin is more likely to cause hypertensive crisis (norepinephrine OD) rather than serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome is pretty much the department of MDMA abuse.

The thing with meth is that if you don't have a milligram scale to weigh your doses out, you are at best guessing how much you're ingesting, and it's usually a lot more than an "effective" dose. Meth has a long half life (12 hours) too, so it will stay in your body and make you feel wierd for a while. Up to 2-3 days at worst.

Anxiety attacks like what you're experiencing are a common problem that amphetamine abusers get, it's because amphetamines release adrenaline and noradrenalin, which are the fight-or-flight / panic chemicals, and it also messes with cortisol, a major mood chemical. Usually what happens is people suddenly have an anxiety attack one day on stims, and then every time afterwards when they take a stimulant, their body "remembers" the last panic attack. The panic attacks are a defense mechanism meant to keep your body out of bad situations and away from toxins.

There are ways you can "deprogram" the panic attacks, but if you're still doing meth, that is going to be a recurring cause of problems. So you really have to stop doing it entirely. Don't lie to yourself any more, say "this time meth will work and I'll feel great", because it's not happening any more. It won't for a long time. You can count on the fact that every time you take meth, or amphetamines, or Ritalin, or cocaine, that your body will panic now. Unless you get into some serious mind-over-matter stuff you are just going to have to come to terms with this fact.

You need to throw all your meth out, get rid of your dealers #s, and have a few days where you can detox in a comfortable environment. Don't beat yourself up and don't worry about permanent damage. Humans are fucking resilient, they survive even after having railway spikes lodged through their head, or massive brain tumors, or strokes. Meth abuse will make you feel shitty for a long while but it won't cripple you if you're physically OK (no heart attacks) and you stop doing it.

Hang in there. It gets better.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help and consideration. I worried how long theses symtoms of light headed ness , weak motor movement, increased heart rate and being off balanced and unable to work or drive. After wed. I have 6 days off to detox and get through withdrawls. Any thoughts on recovery time?
i really didn't think it would do anything. I was in bed for a couple days and clean no craving could barley make it to the bathroom and get to the kitchen for food. They were two very small pieces. Some of us learn the hard way. And now this morning I started my period.
any thoughts on recovery time or vitamins/supplements I should be taking to aide the recovery.
thank you again
Bella