• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth overdose from 5 hr energy drink,,,

Paris1559

Greenlighter
So I stopped using meth for a few days. There was a forty bag in my purse I must forgotten about or lost. My memory on this shit is horrible I'm assuming that's where the word dope comes from. On to the current situation at hand after finding the 40 bag I added a very small amount of coke to thinking no big deal it's probably cut with it anyways.... It still didn't really get me high like coke. I'm pretty certain now that the ADHD and Wellbutrin I'm on counter acts the drug. I was just tired and need to get it into fast pace. So my deadly novice mistake was taking a 5hr energy. I be came dizzy,light headed, arms were going numb, uncontrollable shakes and tremors, my heart was racing and it was all I could do to force myself not to pass out. I layer down and could not get up for a few hours. I was drinking as much water as possible. Went to the bathroom a few times which was near impossible to make it there. I had Gatorade downstairs and had a friend come over she brought me the Gatorade and cold wash cloths and kept me awake. I'm assuming that was a moderate overdose. Later in the night I was feeling better and had some yogurt a protein drink and energy bar. Took some Benz and was afraid to fall asleep but here I am to live another day.
im still very light headed not thinking to clearly but brain function is good. Did my weekly budget. Got up to get the iPad and thought I was going to faint. So back in bed I stay. My kidneys are soRe a bit of lower back pain very moderate though.

my question is now what? When will I be okay? Like Able to drive and go to work? Walk without feeling like I'm going to pass out, drive to a grocery store?
what is the bounce back period? Then detoxing? What to expect what to take to help the symptoms. I'm already on Wellbutrin I was thinking of doubling up on that and the Risperdone. Will aderal help if I can find some?

scared and stupid.. Ashamed and disgusted with myself. I pray that scared me enough to stop....

total moderate meth use use for a month and I'm addicted? It doesn't even work right on me... I'll go back to coke to bypass the cravings. I've always been able to control the coke and stop for long periods of time.

please advise ASAP....

BELLA

Hey Bella.. from reading a few of your posts I have to say im a little concerned for you. <3

A really good way to avoid possible problems when we use substances, that with out a doubt have the ability to cause severe and sometimes permanent problems, is to research, study, and develop a solid understanding of how the substances we are considering useing or combining work. If we take a little time to do this and run it past others for their two cents, I think that everything from safety to resultant experiences increase significantly.

The reason they call it dope is because its most significant nero chemical manipulation in our brain is with dopamine.

There is no reason to cut meth with coke... meth pretty much makes coke have no effect, so there would be no reason to cut something with an expensive drug that will end up having the exact same effect as beach sand in the end.

I read from another post that you are on a anti psychotic.. this is the drug that likely countered the effects of the amphetamine.

I be came dizzy,light headed, arms were going numb, uncontrollable shakes and tremors, my heart was racing and it was all I could do to force myself not to pass out.

This does not seem to be anywhere even close to the symptoms of a stimulant OD.. stimulant OD includes things like psycoses, seizure, stroke, heart attack.
a possibility is Serotonin syndrome.

You are taking EDIT: a DRI/NRI and an antipsychotic, have been doing allot of coke, and just went on a meth bender.. The effects of some of these substances are in direct opposition to the effects of others This is something to make sure to avoid doing.

What is for certain is you should go to a doctor immediately. When you see this doctor you will need to be honest and tell them whats up so they have all they need to help you out.

From this post and your other one, if you decide to return to drug use if and after you get better you need to get a basic understanding of at least dopamine, serotonin, and adrenalin. You will also need to familiarize your self with the nero chemical mode of action and substances you are contemplating taking or combining have. This will allow you to decide if they will be a positive combination, negative ones, or possibly dangerous ones. Please also create a decent knowledge of addiction and physical dependence as its clear you dont have this now.

Combining EDIT:a DRI/NRI , anti psychotics, coke, meth, and caffeine was and is not something that is likely to produce great results and scrambling systems with this many interrelated manipulations is not a good idea at all and is dangerous.

Please seek medical help and in the future please take responsibility for your health and your use.. AKA, Know what your taking and how it will effect you. I hope this all turns out well for you.

TDS--> OD

Last edited:
rSvMJBh.jpg

Wellbutrin is not an SSRI, it is a dopamine & norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. You are also on Risperdone which is a dopamine antagonist ergo your inability to effectively experience stimulants like meth. You did not OD - you had a panic attack. The 5-hour energy drink has a shitload of caffeine as well as amino acids like phenylalanine that is a precursor for tyrosine that gets converted to L-dopa and increases levels of DA, NE, epinephrine (adrenaline), etc. This concoction likely overstimulated you to the point of strongly activating your fight-or-flight response causing a massive panic attack.

You'll be okay, just drink plenty of fluids and get some rest. The Risperdone or a benzo would help to calm you down.

Thanks for pointing that mistake out pinpoint.

Does a person ever want to pass out due to a panic attack?

I have spent the day in bed drinking lots of fluids Gatorade at times I feel quite well, usually after I eat good. Then there are times I'm out of it lethargic can't move and frozen. I'm taking all my prescribed meds as usual at the right time. Today I spent a lot of time researching my condition and the medication I'm on. Looking at all this there is no stimulants I can take.... That being said and scared at how close to death I was this was day 1 of being clean. No cravings today. I think my body is just recovering. My friend brought me coke today thinking it would help. I had him pick it up after doing some homework. Now that I'm aware I'm far to likely to have complications than the average person. I'm more emotionally a wreck at what I've done and putting my life at risk and having to really recognize I'm an addict.... The hard part is that it appears to be able to use coke recreational. Luckily I'm a home body and won't run into those situations. It will be a conscious decision and with what I'm aware of now it is hard to consider taking the risk....
So now what am I to expect over the next few days and few weeks? Suggestions, personal experiences, direction on where to go on the board to learn more...

I want to great thanks to everyone for your support and concerns, advice and direction.

i know this will be a process of many obstacles and challenges. I hope for continued support and advise. Is there a form for recovery my story can be moved to and we move forward with the process of detox and recovery...

With great appreciation

Bella

One more question.... Will the fog lift and my memory return to normal condition....

Imo you either need to take only your prescriptions or get off both the welbutrin and Risperdal before taking psychostimulants or you will either have a negatve experience like this one or one that is just dull and irritating. And my guess is the Risperdal is what is causing the cloudiness not the after affects. How long have you been on these two pharmaceuticals of you don't mind me asking? To me it seems like a strange combination

I've been on my meds for 6 years. And odd combination of Wellbutrin Risperdone and diazepam. Oddly I've never once used my med improperly. I have at times taken an extra have of the Diaz if I had been partying. The meds work well for me. My dr at times has wanted to try new thing all of which caused weight gain. At present moment I'm 125lbs at 5'4. I know my binge with meth probably dropped me 7lbs. Where as coke never really dropped my weight. I diet and exercise moderatly
as the Risperdone will cause significant weight gain.

thank you for your interest.

B

I woke up this morning with my kidneys really hurting. Maybe not enough fluids. I feel like the only thing I can keep down to start is a protein shake and a banana sounds good. Pretty weak but just got up. My brain is less foggy this morning which is a welcome surprise.
my battle off staying clean ahead of me is is a bit scary as the thought of never doing coke again seems ridiculous. Not even being able to use recreationally is scary. But it being for medical reason and drug interaction I can't take it half heartedly. No more ill just stop for a few months or I'm stopping for a year it's "over" it feels more like a break up with someone I love. I guess that is what addiction is. Frightening something has that kind of emotional leverage over me. What a nun healthy relationship that one is.

well to get it moving. I didn't feel comfortable driving yet as of yesterday, but I have to meet a friend for coffee this morning. A bit nervous, I'll just get on the freeway and get off in 3 exits instead of driving through town.

ill check in later...

B

what anyone using methamphetamine needs with a 5 hour energy drink or any other form of stimulants putting unnecessary stress on your body and seriously I only glanced over this thread but I have no idea why any methamphetamine user would of all things to put in their body, choose a stupid highly concentrated form of caffeine and other CNS stimulants of all the things they could have put in their bodies instead, like, fuck, that same amount of WATER even?

If you don't respect the compounds and the potency they possess and either choose not to read the fine print like the prescribing information of prescription drugs that is given to you by federal law at the pharmacy, or choose to ignore all the black box labels for methamphetamine that I doubt the average person slanging shards would print out or stamp each unit sold and include this information about what chemical reactions take place in your body that cause the feeling every sack for resale from the latest synthesis' yield. It's the responsibility of the user to regulate your own intake and not exacerbate negative effects produced further by doing other CNS stimulants, if you're tired, chances are you haven't slept in days.

Or weeks to longer depending on ones individual body chemistry and how everyone reacts differently to drugs and have too many factors to consider already which researching these chemicals could help causing changes in things like sensitivity to it's overall effects, the neurotransmitter action and metabolism of the drug, the route of administration, the tolerance of the user, the average purity of their consumed crystalline, how many years they've been using, what they put in their bodies, diet, massive stimulation to massive hypnotic effects... But I don't think you need to have even researched it at all and have no idea why an energy drink like that would be on the mind let alone being consumed by someone who's overdoing the tweak.

I don't mean this directed towards the OP, I truly emphathize what you went through, I just had to say this for everyone else who see's this thread in the future. Also, to the OP, DON'T ABUSE METH WHILE YOURE TAKING BUPROPRION/WELLBUTRIN, the prescription drugs you're already combining are enough to cause some concern about interacting with eachother innappropriately IMO.

If you read an earlier thread from this morning I spent a significant amount of time research the meds and severely dangerous interaction by doing so and the risk of dying is not worth getting high. Simple choice live or risk your life. Easy obvious choice. I'm still in a recovery state and anticipate it being another week before I'm feeling near normal. My use time was short term but do to my meds I was not getting high thus higher consumption. At this point rest good food lots of fluids. I did sleep every night 10pm-7am and did work everyday and performed well. I took the last three day off prior to my crash as I was somewhere in my mind new I was going to crash..... I hope this thread is in formative and helpful to others. Being a private person sharing the most shameful and destructive part of your present life can be difficult but there are many people on this board that do not judge you, are incredibly helpful and supportive.

with much appreciation to those offering positive support and guidance I thank you

Bella

It was Father's Day today and I had to get out of bed and get to my parents. I did two small bump of meth since that's all there was besides coffee thinking no big deal I've been resting and eating. I should be okay....Not
i got in the car and with in minutes relapsed the SS that was noted earlier not to the same extreme but I couldn't stop shaking,light headed like I was going to pass out. I pulled off the road and tried to calm myself down, my heart was racing I thought this isn't possible.. I did make it home and experience the same symtoms at a less degree off two bumps. Since the first episode was several days ago I am still light headed when I get up, my brain is not functioning I forget most everything. With my prior conditions could I have brain damage or is there a recovery period I can anticipate. At times I am not comfortable driving. Light headed, not myself, easily confused and distressed or could part of this be me constantly reliving my near death....

im im scared and afraid.... Please help

bella

please do not do meth or any other cns stimulants while on wellbutrin. This was previously explained that the interaction between stimulants and wellbutrin are horrible.

Yes I have great regrets and I never made it to my parents house. I'm having horrible anxiety attacks and fears of having suffered a saritonin Od... And reading all the symtoms I still have and worrying about permanent damage and effects. I know I'm making myself feel worse reading all of this. I need to just stop researching as the damage is already done and now I know the reaction I have to the small dose. I just hope these symtoms are over soon.... I think I will right in my journal for a bit and check back in awhile in hopes for some positive news...

BellaBella

Bella hunn, do you still have the meth.. if so why is it not down the toilet already?

I'm throwing this post from your other thread up for the benefit of others who may read this..

NSFW:
How are you doing Bella. Your situation does worry me. You are combining substances that often can have very negative effects when taken together. You are also doing this on top of having a illness that is associated with the neuro chemicals that these substances effect.

You are on a ant psycotic.. this is a dopamine antagonist. It blocks dopamine receptors.

You are on the Wellbutrin..
the primary pharmacological action of the drug is as a mild dopamine reuptake inhibitor and also a much weaker norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor as well as a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist.

You have an cocaine addiction , cocaine is a

cocaine acts as a serotonin–norepinephrine–dopamine reuptake inhibitor,

You just were on a meth bender. Methamphetamine

as a potent full agonist of trace amine-associated receptor 1 (TAAR1), a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) that regulates brain catecholamine systems.[46][47] Activation of TAAR1, via adenylyl cyclase, increases cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) production and either completely inhibits or reverses the transport direction of the dopamine transporter (DAT), norepinephrine transporter (NET), and serotonin transporter (SERT).

Methamphetamine and Cocaine

So you are taking drugs that prevent interaction with dopamine receptors, prevent dopamine re absorption, and that is a full agonist that also prevents dopamine re-absorption or even causes it to flow backwards.

This is a very bad idea. It is way to much and contradictory manipulation and is likely to have limited positive effect and also has a great chance to have negative results like you experienced last night.

The use of stimulants by people with bipolar is a topic that is being debated and hopefully reserched better. It has long been thought to cuase (hypo) mania in people but this may not be the case.

Stimulants in Bipolar Disorder: Beyond Common Beliefs

Psychotic and Manic-like Symptoms During Stimulant Treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

I would recommend that you start to work on your cocaine addiction as mixing the drugs you have been is not a good idea.

Last edited: