• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

smoking weed while having the flu????

tekno hed

Bluelighter
im just another 420 head who loves to smoke everyday.. but right now i hav e atemp of 102.2.. would it be a bad idea to smoke??? or would it be alright?

common sense suggests that if you're worried, you might as well just wait until you aren't sick to smoke again

Last time SWIM was REALLY sick, SWIM had either the stomach flu or food poisoning. Whichever it was, SWIM couldn't hold down food or water at all and was afraid of getting worse for it, so he smoked a small bowl of pot and then drank a big pot of chicken soup. SWIM slept for about three hours, and when he woke up, he had almost completely recovered.
Might not work the same way for you though :)

i enjoy being stoned while sick, it kinda takes the edge off and makes for laying around in bed watching tv an enjoyable task, that would sober, be boring.

hmm well my flu turned into throat pains.. which could either mean strep throat or pharyngetis.. hurts like a mother to swallow anything.. so i guess i shouldnt be smoking.. dang weed butter would sure be good rite now.. it would make being sick funner.. u are right.. TV would be more enjoyable

Trip off DXM and smoke a couple bowls...I gurantee you it won't hurt to swallow and you won't even notice being sick. I've smoked while sick...I think it's helped each time.

Dude, smoke up.
I garantee that you'll feel better.
Fuck your sore throat, man.
I had such a bad case of pharangitis once I couldn't talk at all except at a volume just above a hushed whisper.
I smoked. I got better.
If you smoke and then meditate on the ailment -- "breath into" and concentrate your whole being on your ailment -- it'll go away even faster.
To really knock the cold out of your system -- and in a day or less -- go to the supermarket, or have your friend go to the supermarket, and pick up some ginger from the produce section. It HAS TO be raw ginger and not that dried, sugar-coated candy shit. Cut 12 slices the width of a penny. Munch on two of them, and swallow only when your tongue can no longer bare the spiciness; the other 10 slices throw in 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and boil for 10-15 minutes. Add honey and drink.
You do this, you'll never have a cold for more than a day ever again. I say this from experience!
(Whatever you do, don't smoke tobacco! It depleates your body's store of Vitimin C.)

Hello.....Weed temporarily weakens your immune system. Sure you feel good whilst smokin but you will just feel sicker afterwards and if your body is just getting it under control you are fucked.
Or it could leave you to "catch" something else because your immune system is already tryin to fight the flu bug.

god, knowing how bad dxm makes me puke when im well - i cant imagine what would happen if i was sick, probably lose a lung :)

Trip off DXM and smoke a couple bowls...I gurantee you it won't hurt to swallow and you won't even notice being sick. I've smoked while sick...I think it's helped each time.
best advice yet...

pinwheel: It does the opposite for me. If I'm hot and sweaty I can always reverse it or tone it down a bit with some lovely mary jane

well I had strep throat about 3 months ago and I was scheduled to go on a week long vacation with my friends for a 5 day "smoke-a-thon".
we left on a monday and I was diagnosed by my doctor on saturday that I had the early stages of strep throat, by sunday I had it bad but kept it from my parents so I would be able to go.
I literally smoked myself healthy, no joke, I smoked about a quarter ounce my first day there, well actually about an eighth all to myself. to make a long story short...the time before that it took me almost two weeks to recover from strep, this time it took me three days, I was cured with no sign of strep by tuesday. so I say smoke as much as you can!!

I've found that a little spliff can help a bit with a cold or a flu. For me it helps to dry out my sinus's a bit which just makes me feel much better which adds to my recovery time.

IF this helps any, smoking while sick, makes you feel better. No matter the sickness. The THC throws off something that puts u at ease. It its a sore throught, it will numb it up a bit. If its a tummy thing, it will either make it go away or make you forget about it for a few hours. IF its a head cold or something along them lines it clears ur head a bit. U might still sound all congested, cause you still are. It just helps with the pain/feeling/thought of the illness :)

Yep! That is true :)
There was a News post on the Bluelight main page about it a while ago, saying that smoking weed while/after rolling cools your brain and helps prevent neurotoxicity.

Marijuana (in my case, hash) somehow cures my flues and colds. Seriously, it's not only that the uncomfortable feeling goes away if you smoke a casual spliff at night, but the next morning, I'm fucking cured.
Happened twice already ... the third time will just confirm it for me.