• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

R.I.P. lonewolf13

and this guy has been showing up on my front door porch for the past month. i've started leaving food out for him.

FHhL7aN.jpg

This post needs to be on as many pages as possible.
Hello Bluelight Community,
This is Lonewolf’s little brother. I am the one who informed Papasomni about my brother’s passing. When going through his phone and computer, I found out that he was part of this community. After reading your posts I see that he had a great network of friends here. Since many of you were close with him, I felt you should know how he passed, and that Krazy Cat Midnight is well and is being looked after by our mom. My brother went peacefully in his sleep sometime late in the afternoon on April 30th. That night, he was supposed to travel to meet up for dinner plans with our sister and mother, and when he didn’t arrive they were concerned. When they couldn’t reach him, they had a neighbor check in on him. He was found unresponsive, but it looked like he had been resting on the couch. He always took a nap before going on a long drive.

His passing was unexpected. He had been in a lot of pain this past decade due to psoriatic arthritis- a degenerative autoimmune disease, but as some of you have mentioned, he never complained or showed how bad his suffering really was. He didn’t want to be a burden or a downer to anyone around him. A lot of you have summed up who he was and what he was like in this thread- kind, funny, easygoing, modest, great sense of humor, and everyone’s friend. He loved music and was a talented guitarist. He loved cooking, pop culture, movies, and reading. He was our family’s math genius, chef, and encyclopedia. It is interesting that these last few comments mentioned animal visitations because that is something I have felt as well. He collected turtle totems and our family knew the turtle as his power animal. In his eulogy we mentioned that like the turtle, in recent years due to his illness his mobility was slow, yet purposeful. He was never in a hurry but always on time. He was gentle, patient and knew how to savor and appreciate the simple things life. It means a lot to see that he had friendship in this group. Thank you all for your kind words.
Thank you for this post; my condolences to your family and friends. I wasnt on much of a person basis with your brother but we shared a mutual love for metal and that made us click. As everyone has mentioned, he was a genuinely kind, hilarious and awesome person; I will never forget that about him.

May the Force be with you, LW + family.

mrs somni was at the garden center at lowes yesterday to buy some mulch and she picked this up
0CqXMmm.jpg

she just said it was cute and had to bring it home. After reading lwbro's post, I have to wonder...

rest in peace my friend. I won't forget you
LW in totally inhabiting your novelty stone turtle!

RIP LW may your spirit be at peace

This is Lonewolf’s little brother. I am the one who informed Papasomni about my brother’s passing...
thanks for sharing your message and condolences.

lonewolf's passing was particularly sad for me. as far as i could tell, he was totally himself on bl and he was a large and quality presence without having to resort to name-calling or negativity to make an impression or make a friend. he was all about being the change he wished to be in the world and he was loved and respected... and his d.o.c. was booze. old skool. respect for that :)

alasdair

I have to say, I'm appreciative of LW13Bro, as well. Thank you for reaching out to this community. While many people are probably naturally curious as to the cause of death (understandably), it's not always easy to ask. And sometimes... it's not easy to find the answers, either. You've provided closure to a lot of people who genuinely felt a loss. Thank you for that! :)

My condolences to you, your family, your friends, etc. I didn't know Lonewolf as well as most people here, but we used to interact in the Lounge pretty frequently and I enjoyed him. He was always fun. I hadn't come to Bluelight in a few months or more and when I stopped by to see what was going on, I saw the thread about him and my heart sank. Seemed like it HAD to be some kind of joke... unfortunately it wasn't. It's great to see so many people have such fond memories of him. He'll be sorely missed and, clearly, the world will be slightly less enjoyable with the loss of such a good dude. :(

<3 <3 <3

This is Lonewolf’s little brother. I am the one who informed Papasomni about my brother’s passing. When going through his phone and computer, I found out that he was part of this community. After reading your posts I see that he had a great network of friends here. Since many of you were close with him, I felt you should know how he passed, and that Krazy Cat Midnight is well and is being looked after by our mom. My brother went peacefully in his sleep sometime late in the afternoon on April 30th. That night, he was supposed to travel to meet up for dinner plans with our sister and mother, and when he didn’t arrive they were concerned. When they couldn’t reach him, they had a neighbor check in on him. He was found unresponsive, but it looked like he had been resting on the couch. He always took a nap before going on a long drive.

His passing was unexpected. He had been in a lot of pain this past decade due to psoriatic arthritis- a degenerative autoimmune disease, but as some of you have mentioned, he never complained or showed how bad his suffering really was. He didn’t want to be a burden or a downer to anyone around him. A lot of you have summed up who he was and what he was like in this thread- kind, funny, easygoing, modest, great sense of humor, and everyone’s friend. He loved music and was a talented guitarist. He loved cooking, pop culture, movies, and reading. He was our family’s math genius, chef, and encyclopedia. It is interesting that these last few comments mentioned animal visitations because that is something I have felt as well. He collected turtle totems and our family knew the turtle as his power animal. In his eulogy we mentioned that like the turtle, in recent years due to his illness his mobility was slow, yet purposeful. He was never in a hurry but always on time. He was gentle, patient and knew how to savor and appreciate the simple things life. It means a lot to see that he had friendship in this group. Thank you all for your kind words.

Thank you for this. This actually made me tear up a bit.

I'm sad to hear of him passing. :( He was a good guy and was always friendly with me. It's good to know that Midnight is in good hands...he loved that cat so much.

Sending lots of loving thoughts to his family. <3

I'm truly sorry for your loss and really appreciate your words on here about your brother. While I have been a part of BL for a very long time, I cannot say I knew your brother as well as others on here but I can say his posts, threads, etc. were ones I always enjoyed reading when I signed on. He will be missed by all of us.

One thing I want to share because I just cannot make this up. I live by a park with a couple of ponds that I walk around nearly every day. These ponds have an abundance of water fowl but earlier this year I started noticing turtles would sun themselves on occasion. When you mentioned your brother and the turtle, this is the first thing I thought about so I had to share it with you and BL. May your brother RIP and forever be a part of all us here on BL. <3

Its a shame I came to BL to late to get to know him I have seen some posts by him and he always was a cheerful presence I could tell.
Reading about the turtle and how he moves slow but with purpose is one of the most moving sentence I've read in a long time and that alone shows his character to everybody on BL and is an inspiration to all of us in pain who struggle with days we think we can handle it then all of a sudden it gets unbearable making us wonder how we will go on. Lone wolf shows us great strength and courage I wish to have his attitude one day.

RIP lonewolf I hope you can run jump and fly through the heavens pain free like you never thought possible.
See you on the other side.

This is exactly something he would have done as well. In fact, Midnight was a stray kitten. My sister found him at the park, he had been covered in paint. My brother took him in, cleaned him up, and had cared for him ever since. Midnight noticed his absence and mourned right along with us, but seems to be doing better now.

Hi everyone, LW was my brother-in-law. (I'm married to his little brother LW13Bro). I've been online with him this past week and wanted to add some thoughts, so decided to join as well. Reading all your comments has meant so much. It makes me happy to know that he had this place and you all as friends. We've just started reading his posts. It has been difficult, but it's also great to remember his sense of humor. While reading his comments, I can picture his smile and hear his voice. It's comforting knowing that his last day was a good one, spent joking with friends. I also like how others have sensed his presence or remembered him with the animals. Right after he passed I had a vivid dream about a wolf. At the time I was trying to figure out the meaning but nothing came to mind. Then I felt so moved and it all made sense after finding out that he was Lonewolf on here.

^How wonderful to hear from you. Having a son in the Bluelight shrine as well, I know exactly what you mean about both how hard it is to read the old posts and yet how comforting it is to see the place he held in this community. I am glad that you both made accounts. If there is ever a time when you want to share a story or post a thought or simply ask for some support in your grief, feel free to post here or in this thread as well. PM any moderator if you have any questions and again, welcome. <3

Rip funny American Indian, I hope you keep your mate tally company.

Sad as afaik he was only the same age as me.