• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time morphine IV?

CorneliusDutchman

Greenlighter
Hello all,
Today, I acquired a 10 ml vial of Morphine Sulphate, which is shown in the attached picture:
WIN_20140606_212622.jpg

Now, I am no stranger to opiates, being a former heavy heroin user. However, I haven't hit he needle in a long time and I've never done morphine so I figured I should do my research. I didn't get much help from the search engine, so now I am asking my fellow bluelighter's. What would a reasonable estimate IV dose of morphine for a former heavy opiate user fresh off suboxone maintenance(8mg x2 daily)? I'm a 140 pound male and for reference I only get a buzz from 30mg of oxy with no tolerance.

Any advise and/or warning is appreciated, and I am sorry if I'm doing something wrong here, I'm new.

Many Thanks,
Cornelius D

If u get a buzz from 30 mgs of oxy I'd say IV 20 mgs of morphine and titrate up. Be prepared for a full body histamineb release known as the "pins n needles" u learn to love it. U can avoid this by taking a benadryl 30 minutes before the shot

I typically find IV morphine to be 1.5-2 times stronger then IV Oxycodone

I agree that 20mg is a good starter dose.

Morphine does suffer from diminishing returns more so than other opiates. The rush is also fairly short and the residual high is usually not as strong as most expect. This creates a want to redose more so than most opiates.

All that being said, other than hydromorphone, morphine is definitely my next favourite rush.

If you end up not liking the pins and needles (the rush), doing the shot very slowly will negate the histamine release.

I would go no higher than 10 mg morphine IV - I know you just came off buprenorphine, you wrote, but tolerance is queer thing. But, with the 10 mg, you could repeat, once, if desired in an hour (just to be safe); I would not repeat with a dose much higher than the initial 10 mg, though, regardless of how you might feel. But, once you gauge how a certain dose effects you, you have a fair idea of how much you can and cannot handle. With that said, be VERY careful.

All that being said, other than hydromorphone, morphine is definitely my next favourite rush.

I hate it :p I'm pretty sensitive to the histamine effects of opiates, I get incredibly painful itching even if I take a high dose of promethazine, and a full blown allergic reaction if I don't (thank god you can IM promethazine).

If you end up not liking the pins and needles (the rush), doing the shot very slowly will negate the histamine release.
I usually like to take a hydroxyzine before doing opiates, it has similar effects to benadryl along with increasing the nod and euphoria. Also, I have access to vials of diphenhydramine as well so the histamine release won't be a problem