• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is oxycontin good for going out or staying home?

nyancloud

Greenlighter
Hello, tonight I'm trying oxycontin for the first time. I will be taking 10-15mg (OC). I have already researched that it is better to crush it and eat it. I have no tolerance to opioids in the past.

Is it a good idea to go out? I read that oxycontin is more energetic compared to other opioids so I figured why not go out. Will I be able to control everything like a normal person, maybe have one beer? Or better to not and stay home?

If it is your first time, I would probably stay home. With no tolerance oxycodone can be sedating and cause nausea and vomitting. Kinda ruins a night out. Stay away from alcohol. Doesnt mix with opioids in new users.

Take with food. OTC stuff like emetrol. Maybe ginger supplements.

This is the only drug site where people put u down and I've been reading here since nov 2000. So please be nice someone nearly got me so upset I took 240 mg of oxycodone ir and 20 mg xanax but anyways there are ups and downs the ups: if you take a low dose and want to go out and drink and get laid take a low dose that won't make u nodd out at the bar. Cuz girls don't like that. I like to take it when I have a shitty errand to run or go to church or a funeral cuz it numbs me out and makes me forget the hard details (like when I had to go to a triple funeral/wake which was a murder suicide that including my aunt uncle and 3 year old cousin. FYI I always take xanax with oxy and have for about ten years. I have ADHD anxiety and broken ribs and my LI through L5 are either slipped herniated or buldging. So take a low dose when u have to do stuff that sux. Getting laid on a low dose of oxy is incredible u can last for hours. Taking at home .... If u have a lot and have nothing to do except watch a movie take enough to nodd out to hear the movie but make sure your so buzzed that you can barely open ur eyes. Jus my 2 cents. Works for me!!

I dont think I put anyone down. Remember, this person is a first-timer so no way to judge how they will react.

Just had my first oxy trip today, great stuff. I would stay home and watch TV and just let the euphoria wash over you. That's what I did.

Yeah, was thinking about ginger. It helped me with shrooms, so I guess maybe will work on this too. I have to go out at one point or another, but I will stay home at first and make sure everything's ok for a few hours, then go.

I remember my first taste of opiates...kinda regret it now, but oh well, its definitely a love/ hate relationship.

Back then one 5/500 vicodin would be plenty to get me feeling good for hours, now it takes heroin to get to that level.

I think alot of people misjudge how strong drugs will be, I recall hearing alot of people say they would never do heroin, they were scared if they took just a little bit, they would be completely blown out of their mind, not even knowing their own name, and even I was kinda leery of taking my first vicodin, I was worried I would get 'too high'...of course once you start doing the actual drug, you find the highs are not as intense as thought, exceptions would probably be PCP, and other acid type drugs, but even then, to reach completely blown out, you have to take alot.

Good luck, I hope you dont start wanting this feeling more and more, but that is usually what happens

I never understood why people mix alcohol with oppies ..stay away like above poster said....first dozen or so times I would stay home or hang at a friend's cuz u will prob be puking but u will feel great after u puke, once tolly builds it is a great going out drug as long as u bring some with u to recharge when the nod hits IME

As far as getting laid on oxy, it's a double edge sword....yes you can last like a distance runner but sometimes (most for me) there is no climax....Just sayin hah!! BUT if it's your first time with a chick she gonna think ur a damn champ and u may never het rid of her hahaaa!!!

Oxycodone (most opiates in general except oxymorphone) always gives me a really energetic buzz so I could go either way. As long as the dose isn't huge then I'm pretty much up for anything on oxycodone and most opiates in general.

I would stay home your first time and see how you do on them. Everyones different but can definitely ruin a night out. Depending in the way you take them...also depends on the feelings you gt to. One way may make you sick and another not. Practice at home.

I also have a question....ive taken oxycodone...hydrocodone...and roxycodone. Ive never taken methadone....does anyone have any advise?

I think Effect is on to something. Opiates/oids are perhaps largely so addictive in their ability o make people feel comfortable no matter their situation.

A.) Do not crush your oxycodone tablet, given that it is Immediate Realease, all crushing will do is make it slightly harder to consume..and honestly, they make pills for a reason, they are much easier to dose than powder. Really unneccasary, though to each his own...
B.) Stay home..
I always notice the effects of drugs (specifically opiates) seem much stronger when i'm relaxing on the couch with a bowl of herb and some good tunes..
Don't get me wrong, I function amazingly well on opiates in most all situations, but if it weren't for my lack of patience i'd wait till 7pm and eat X amount and chill for the first 2 hours until the peak is gone...after that go do whatever the fuck you want, and remember; you will never experience your first time again, so quit while your ahead...

I was in pain all last night, not even the dank reefer I was smoking helped much, slept like a damn cat high on meth, and finally got my 4-7 day supply and already ate through about 2 days, and i'm nowhere near what I used to get off even 2 10mg hydros...do yourself a favor and tread lightly..Idk what the hell i'm gonna do when I'm an old man lol...