Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(150mg Ecstasy) - intermediate experience - This Is Why We Test Substances

RollYourBoat

Bluelighter
My boyfriend, a few friends, and I had bought some E. My boyfriend and I picked up ours from a well trusted source and tested it to make sure we were getting what we asked for. Our two friends bought theirs and didn't (as I found out later) test theirs. All in all we had 600mg, with the intent for each of us to dose 100mg and then 50mg a little while afterward.

I drove everybody to my place, as it was the only house where we could play music and be silly without agitating any neighbors or breaking sound limitations. So we get to my place, and my boyfriend pulls a baggy from his pocket with the 6 pressed tabs. Apparently our friend Jake threw his in with ours. All six of them were blue with the same stamp (butterflies).
Assuming theirs were tested as well (they usually tested their stuff), I shrugged it off and we each took one orally. It was 10pm at this point. Now, normally, I have little to no problem ingesting fluids during the come up. Everybody was starting to come up about thirty minutes later, including myself, and we passed around a little bong for Jake and his buddy who seemed to have some anxiety issues.
I took a sip of gatorade. All of a sudden, what I thought was a burp, turned into a horrible spasm of vomit. Mortified, I threw my hand over my mouth and ran from my comfy bed to the bathroom attached to my bedroom and spit up what was left into the toilet. I peeled my shirt off and put on one of my boyfriend's loose tank tops.
After gargling mouthwash for what seemed like forever and throwing some water on my face, I leaned against the door frame for a couple of minutes, and anxiety began to set in.
>A little background history here: at a young age of 15-18 I developed an addiction to meth, was lucky enough to get some help through rehab and therapy, and now (age 23) any time I take anything with a lot of speed in it, my body likes to violently reject it. I've never thrown up on account of mdma.
So you can imagine how badly I was worrying that I just dosed myself with speed and would spend the night going through shitty withdrawals.
At this point it's 11:15, my friends are all rolling balls, and I can feel the familiar euphoria of mdma kicking in. My eyes are wiggling to and fro like their watching I high-speed ping pong tournament; my body tingles with amazement as I stand in front of a fan; somebody just turned on my favorite EDM playlist, and as the bass vibrates the room, my eyes roll back in pleasure. I've all but forgotten my previous anxiety attack and the four of us chop the last two pills in half and rail 50mg each. Time has flown by as usual and by the time we've all railed the 50mg dose, it's already 1:00 am. We give eachother lightshows and seabreezes.

It's 2:00am, and panick hits me again. Only now, I can't shut up about it. I start pacing, rambling on about past addictions, trying to explain the vomiting incident, apologizing for rambling, which in turn causes me to ramble more.
Eventually, I realize I'm being an idiot and making a fool of myself. So I stop yapping my head off, and start to entertain everybody with light shows and roll tricks. For the next two and a half hours I am constantly switching between mdma happiness and buzz, to crazy and panicky anger. I smoke big bowls to myself to mellow out those parts.

I still don't know if I took more mdma than I could handle at the time, or if the tabs my friends bought were cut with something less friendly. But I never take anything without testing it anymore, no matter who it's from.

substancecode_ecstasy
substancecode_mdma
substancecode_empathogens
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
roacode_nasal
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds shitty... but honestly, it just sounds like an unusual physical reaction, followed by you freaking yourself out by panicking about it. I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen hard heads puke unexpectedly on both MDMA and weed comeups separately. Maybe that bowl at the beginning was just poorly timed? What did you eat that day?

Goddess, yeah you're probably right haha. It was a long time ago, and I've had successful panick-less rolls since. I think that day I had a small bowl of cereal around 11 am, but nothing in my stomach afterward. It was just an odd experience, and I think if I had tested it, I could've avoided the whole anxiety issue just by being positive of what I was taking :)

Ah, well I'm glad to hear you haven't had trouble since then! Hehe, yeah I know what you mean.... I leaned the same lesson about taking blotters. It doesn't matter how much I know it was obviously LSD in retrospect.... If I'm not sure that what I'm taking is the real deal and I start tripping hard then I can really sketch myself out thinking that I'm getting vasoconstriction or something. o_O