• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ [Important NBOMe warning] Taking unknown blotters sold as LSD

^ please be careful. as doses are unknown and these chemicals have and will again kill people, you are not too far from dosing yourself into "oh shit, I'm dead" territory.

They are dangerous because its sold as LSD and the dosage proportion (LD-50/lower dosage response) is far under the one that LSD has which can makes you think 3 blotters is just goin to be fun like 375ug LSD when you actually got 2250 25I-NBOMe and you gain a superfun hypertensive crisis or worse.

But they are also dangerous when used simply as 25Nbome when people do not make a difference between different halogenated 25x-NBOMe the x can be replaced by alot of chemical groups but producers mostly use halogenated compounds because they are usually more liposoluble making them more potent/selective. The big difference is in the dosage, example; The Bromo-compound is dosed as 1/3 LSD pure potency when the iodine compound is noted in the 1/4th-1/5th of the potency which makes it less potent equidosage.
Now thats not dangerous its only going to make you superhigh if you dont watch. Wrong.. LD-50 is 2000 for iodine and something like 3000 for the bromo compound. So generally the one that gets you less high is the one that kills you the quickest and the one that gets you higher needs a lower dosage count on blotters but usually people dont care.

So in street you get 1000 to 1500ug iodine compound sold as LSD, take 2-3 of the purest batch and you die!
When with the bromo compound you get the same dosage so bigger buzz, bigger vasoconstiction crisis etc. (got caught with that on my first Psychedelic, it was intense crap)

(I just used those 2 to compare because they are the most common (Iodine) and most rare(bromo) that could explain my point)

Point is, even in the same family of compounds, KNOW WHAT YOU TAKE. If you dont test its chemical/physical properties its always a safe hint.

You really have to be careful with these 25X-NBOMe!

PM me if you need guidance, I live in the Netherlands as well. I recommend you get the dose tested in a lab (http://www.drugs-test.nl for locations in the Netherlands) it's free and anonymous...

I hope you read the opening post of this thread..

Distributing NBOMes on blotters was one of the worst ideas ever. Especially when the "standard" blotter dose ended up being 1 to 1.5mg which is way too high. IMO you need to start at around 500ug for 25I and titrate up in 100-200ug increments to find your sweet spot....much easier to do this with powder and liquid dosing than trying to cut up blotter tabs (assuming they're even evenly laid and such)

^that's true for responsible and informed users, but when I look at how most people consume drugs (eg at festivals), I believe that if pure powder would be distributed to them, we'd have even more fatalities. But I agree that the blotters are too highly dosed.

I have seen people finding a random bag of white powder on the ground and then just railing up some lines because "it's probably speed"... many people don't know anything about safer use and don't seem to be interested in getting involved.

Yeah, I wish NBOMes had been kept more on the DL within the more knowledgeable RC circles instead of being distributed so widely to the festival/synthnoid/bath salts scenes. I remember back in 2012 seeing grams of NBOMes sold on synthnoid and bath salt web sites for the same prices as a gram of the corresponding 2C-X they were derived from, which is just crazy given that a gram of 25I is easily 1000-2000 doses....

This:
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=107529

Combined with the various reports I read about issues with anxiety and HPPD from NBOMe compounds, together make me wonder if there is some form of conditioning/learning effect perhaps because novelty + emotional intensity + the psychedelic brainwash/suggestion potential part of the experience.

Psychedelics can reset the mind, but perhaps most 'cleanly' if the brainwashing during the trip is most empty: meditative. They can be psychotherapeutic if you go through or relive an experience and find insightful conclusions that may be more strongly reconditioning than when done sober.

Without jumping to premature conclusions here, I would caution people to not combine NBOMe compounds with a kind of bodily or mental experience or activity that may be detrimental if it were to condition you. Meaning that on top of the normal set and setting advice it may be necessary to avoid any activity that is not sustainable such as prolonged exertion.
It would be very risky indeed if these drugs are able to shift the baseline state of your body and mind.

Surely the palpitations of the person in the trip report are an anxiety reaction, but it doesn't seem like it was a stressful experience (trauma-like) that precipitated a disorder.

Eh, I like nbom. It's not bad. And I'd be sad if I heard this before hand and never tried it. Just an honest opinion though. A lot like DOB but remarkably shortened.

Eh, I like nbom. It's not bad. And I'd be sad if I heard this before hand and never tried it. Just an honest opinion though. A lot like DOB but remarkably shortened.

People didn't warn me and I nearly died. I experience the same negative effects from both 25X-NBOMe and DOX. I avoid both now. My life isn't worth the few dollars I could save using potentially lethal 25 X-NBOMe.

Sadly the people that made these drugs popular aren't concerned with a few (mostly young and vulnerable) innocent people dieing.

What was so dangerous with DOX experience? What DOX in particular and at what dose?

There is overdose risk and vasoconstriction with DOX, DOB-dragonfly being one of the worst, but afaik DOX are much less of an unpredictable health risk at reasonable dosage?...
I really didn't like a dose of DOB that was too high, it was even nerve grating when I made the poor decision to combine with oral hash since the previous and first experience I had with DOB was - while interesting - hardly enjoyable and beautifully psychedelic at all, except for the hour or so that I was stoned from a joint during the peak/plateau.
BUT, I still don't believe there was a true health risk.

What was so dangerous with DOX experience? What DOX in particular and at what dose?

The chemical was sold as DOC and was bitter and extremely long acting. I didn't take the dose past ~2mg. At this dose I became disoriented and experienced cold hands and feet.

Last edited:
kind of off topic, but i was givin d.o.b on blotter told it was L in 2011
not fun at all.

I never realised these chemicals were so dangerous. NBOMEs are strange creatures. Back when they were a big thing in the UK, I bought various kinds, and took them in escalating dosages up to probably 15 times the recommended dose. And I never tripped once, not even slightly. All purchased from reputable RC vendors, I'm just completely psychedelically immune to them for whatever reason. They did cause hella vasoconstriction though, very similar to high dose LSA.

I never realised these chemicals were so dangerous. NBOMEs are strange creatures. Back when they were a big thing in the UK, I bought various kinds, and took them in escalating dosages up to probably 15 times the recommended dose. And I never tripped once, not even slightly. All purchased from reputable RC vendors, I'm just completely psychedelically immune to them for whatever reason. They did cause hella vasoconstriction though, very similar to high dose LSA.

I have to admit I could never get anything worthwhile off them either. Being in the UK .. I worked my way through about 4 trips worth and so did my friends .. each of us taking turns to be the trip sitter and though we'd get visuals they would usually not be very strong and there was a total lack of any sort of emotional effect ... well except boredom. Personally I've never regarded boredom as having recreational value.

This is definitely one to avoid unless you're a true psychonaut and you've just got to catch them all.

What can you do to field test for LSD / NBOMe's?
Using UV light makes LSD fluoresce and light up brightly, whereas most other compounds that fit on blotter like NBOMe's do not.

I find that ordinary paper glows brightly in UV anyway so it's hard to tell if a tab glows unless the LSD has been applied as a dot.

I use the Ehrlich reagent to test mine as it only turns pink if LSD is present. However, there's no way of telling if the LSD was 'watered' down with NBOMe.

Two batches that I've had from different suppliers passed the Ehrlich test but tasted bitter - maybe it's the ink.

Always extract the drug out of blotter with a tiny bit of alcohol before applying either UV or a reagent. If you have trouble seeing anything make sure you use a container for the solution that is elongated like a cuvet is, or very deep and flat/wide instead. Look down the longest side of it into the solution so that you look through as long a stretch of liquid as possible. Because any color will add up the more you look through.
Make it better darkness with the UV and let your eyes adjust. With reagent, set it against a white background for contrast.

The closest to being able to tell if your LSD is laced with an NBOMe (if that happens typically) is using Mecke on the solution (again: not on the paper directly which apparently always makes for dark green obscuring other discoloration which may still be partially visible).
LSD turns dirty reddish purple but NBOMe's turn various colors like starting out yellow. All of it will probably turn muddy over time but if you see way too orange-y hues with Mecke and way too much darkening over time that may indicate presence of both. Not great but better than Marquis or Ehrlich's for that.

Yep ink can be bitter.

I find that ordinary paper glows brightly in UV anyway so it's hard to tell if a tab glows unless the LSD has been applied as a dot.

I use the Ehrlich reagent to test mine as it only turns pink if LSD is present. However, there's no way of telling if the LSD was 'watered' down with NBOMe.

Two batches that I've had from different suppliers passed the Ehrlich test but tasted bitter - maybe it's the ink.

Yeah, ink can taste slightly bitter, I've experienced that too. Any other drug (besides legal lysergamides which I wouldn't mind finding on a blotter anyway as they're all pretty great and similar to LSD, and also tasteless) that fits on a blotter is quite bitter, and NBOMes actually numb the mouth. A little touch of bitterness could definitely be the ink.

I've never heard of anyone putting some LSD and NBOMe on the same blotter... seems like that wouldn't really happen. But who knows, maybe it does?

I tried extracting from a tab using alcohol and a vial but it couldn't get it to glow in UV.

Had it tested to be sure at Wedinos and it turned out to be 100% LSD. :)