View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ [Important NBOMe warning] Taking unknown blotters sold as LSD

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/738409-NBOMe-abuse-advice

This is an interesting post!

I'm wondering, given the detail... does anything expressed here help narrow down the likely mechanisms of fatality surrounding the NBOMe compounds?

If the OP is describing Brain Zaps as a an after-effect of using NBOMe's, then it's possible that NBOMe's bring about a similar serotonin system damage that serotonergic stimulants like MDMA do in high doses. If both MDMA & NBOMe compounds act similarly on the serotonin system it's possible that they both affect the regulation of core temperature & the metabolisation of water. If these side effects were coupled with insecure setting & panic for any reason, they might bring about the same sort of shock related organ collapse that Ecstasy casualties suffer. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation or DIC.

A cerebral or cardiovascular event also strike me as more likely in a psychedelic panic state.

NBOMes are Phenethylamines like MDMA, are they not?

Am I right thinking this is not too far-fetched?

DIC - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disseminated_intravascular_coagulation

Nbomes are scary as hell, especially 25I. I've had a couple very low dose experiences that were somewhat normal but anything above like 800ug is pretty intense. I wish I had a more scientific explanation as to what causes fatalities from nbomes but from personally experimenting with the substance at around 1000ug I would definitely say it seems to be something to do with cardiovascular issues probably due to high blood pressure caused by constricted blood vessels.I was at a friends apartment on the comedown from this dose and out of nowhere I starting experiencing that tingling sensation you get when your brain is being starved of oxygen, like if you stand up too quick after sitting down for a long time. The thing was I was not even sitting down and the sensation did not stop after just a few seconds until your blood flow normalizes like it usually does form standing up too fast. Instead it continued to intensify until I fell to the ground and lost complete consciousness for several minutes I was later told. Waking up after being unconscious is always a really uncomfortable feeling especially when you wake up still tripping balls and knowing that whatever you took had to have caused it so the trip started to become concerning to me at that point. This happened once more the same night before I finally just laid down for the rest of the trip as I realized falling unconscious from a standing position could be very dangerous as well. Luckily the rest of the trip subsided without incident after that but I could totally see how someone with naturally high blood pressure or poor cardiovascular health in general could have died from a similar dose of nbome

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried 25C with 2mg and tried 25D at 1mg and neither of them gave anything remotely worthwhile. Either my tolerance is too high, or they're shit i wouldn't constitute as a good trip.

I say that, then some time after taken 360ug of actual LSD and got a great fucking trip from it. So, idk what the fuck everyone is so wound up about.

I have a question in regards of testing blotters with UV (I know it's not the best way but hey, it's easy). It is said that the UV wave length has to be 360nm. I was wondering if it would glow under 365nm because you can buy those cheap UV light keyrings on the internet for a couple of bucks but the lowest wave length I found is 365nm. Can anyone confirm this?

LSD should glow under long and short wavelenght UV light too. And it doesn't matter if it's 360nm or 365nm :)

It goes like this: if it glows, it MAY be LSD. If it doesn't, it's not LSD. (Source: erowid)

It is important to note that treated paper may fluoresce, and low dose blotters may appear not to fluoresce

Also it's very easy to tell if you got an nbome or lsd once you're on it. They have very very different effects, and for me they have different mental spaces and different effects on your perception.

Pretty much. I find the bombs to have very little similarities between LSD though a naive user could be fooled.

nbome for me is tightchesty but sparkly, and if I sit quietly it is pretty lovely, but there is work required to stay calm - it is a strong short term stimulant even at low doses which are the only ones I do.

Very true I've never looked at it this way before, the only evidence I really have is memories, I used to be a very happy guy that was ready for any challenge, I would go out hang with friends do anything, go anywhere, with no lack of confidence. Now I'm just a loner that is scared of going even out my front door, I used to look at things in life and think you know what, that's beautiful, now everything just looks fake and surreal.

That will go away if it's solely from nbome compounds exactly what you described happen to me after an OD on 25b-nbome I was hospitalized just till it ended lol they had strap me down that feeling lasted 5-6 months but now it's gone

I feel like I need to make a little contribution to this discussion, as the differences in the way in which the substances in the 25X-series (mainly 25i and 25c) are perceived depending on geographical location seem substantial. In here, on Erowid, et cetera, I've read about numerous deaths linked to the substances, and also a lot of pretty nasty side effects. Most of this seem to originate from the US. Here in Sweden, 25i and 25c rose to prominence during 2012; they were sold by numerous vendors, and they quickly became popular. It was initially noted that people would react quite differently to the substances. Some would barely feel anything from 1 mg blotters of 25i, while others would quickly reach +++ and feel vasoconstriction and similar side effects. However, there haven't really been any deaths from 25X, nor any major, lasting injuries (at least not like in the US). This puzzles me greatly.

I bought a large quantity of blotters in 2012, one kind with 1 mg of 25i, and another kind with 500 ug of 25i and 500 ug of 25c combined (the dosage might in reality be lower than specified, hard to know). Me and my friends have consumed 50 (about half of each) blotters up until now, where I'm responsible for about 30 of them. Not me, nor my friends, have experienced anything negative at all; quite the opposite, actually, these blotters have been immensely fun and interesting! I find 1 mg of 25i to be a pleasant and colourful dose, a lot more on the visual side than the mental. The combination of 25i and 25c, on the other hand, increases the mental aspects three-fold. I have never taken more than one blotter though, as I don't want to push the dosage with substances where the dosage curve is exponential and a bit unpredictable; one blotter is just fine. If I want more, I seek out LSD, mushrooms, etc.

A theory I've pondered is that the many negative experiences and deaths in the US from 25X are due to a larger number of unreliable vendors dosing blotters carelessly, with the fact that the drug is also being sold a lot on the street as LSD contributing greatly (people wanting to make quick cash).

Regardless, 25X is something that should be handled with great care, but that's true of all drugs. It's definitely my cup of tea, at least! :)

A theory I've pondered is that the many negative experiences and deaths in the US from 25X are due to a larger number of unreliable vendors dosing blotters carelessly

Yes, I agree. I've acquired all of my NBOMes in powder form and measure them out with a milligram scale and liquid measurement, and have had 30+ trips this way with no problems whatsoever. I've never had any reason to believe that they are some kind of evil satanic poison that will suddenly kill me with no warning at the same doses I've taken before. The problem reports generally come from people using blotters that they haven't made themselves and aren't sure about the dosage (or earlier on, from nasal ROA, which is inherently riskier than oral/sublingual). Different people do seem to have differing degrees of sensitivity as you point out, and users really should be titrating up in 100-200ug increments to find their best dosage, which is difficult to do accurately with 1mg+ blotters.

I've seen my roommate eat 5 blotters and simply trip his nuts off with no complications. Clearly NBOMe's are very selective about who they hurt, and I can't fathom the reason. I would never trip on them again myself, but I can understand why people like them.

I just tried acid for the first time last night, and I think it was actually LSD too surprisingly. The tab had zero taste or numbing qualities and the high was really clean. I only took half a tab though so I only got a buzz, not a full trip experience :/

What is it about NBOMe that you find so good as to do that much, is it preferable to LSD or give you better insights?

No, LSD is preferable to nearly everyone, if not absolutely everyone. It's deeper, safer, cleaner, and much more insightful. The NBOMes are generally considered shallow, hedonistic drugs with great visuals but a lot of dangerous side effects. They've also killed quite a lot of people, whereas LSD has never killed anyone except in one case where some guy thought crystal LSD was speed and injected 300mg (which is about 30,000 standard hits). Conversely, people have died from as little as 2 blotters of NBOMe (25I, which seems the most dangerous), even when having previously been okay at that amount or more.

I have no history of seizures, no heart problems (ive had my blood pressure taken after i just smoked a cig and it was 127/67 or something) that I know of, typically high doses of lsd+mdma only sends my heart rate at about 120~ or so (and when it's that high I typically lay down and chill) but ive also taken 2mg of 25C a few times and so far the only negative thing ive experienced was eating a powerful weed brownie within 24 hours! of dosing usually fucks me up in a bad way.

The actual trip sucked and the visuals were almost non-existent.

You should post every pics of all the blotters you known are nbome to boikot them, i remember i had some dancing teddies with white background blotters that were 0.5 of each nbome 25i and 25c so together 1mg together on every blotter, this was maybe 2-3 years ago when nbome still was legal and popoular at that moment of generation in sweden, the vendor i had them from is still alive today and quit selling them long time ago, and there is at this time right now very few and almost not anywhere to be found now so right now theres probably maky other chemicals to be aware on instead, and we are in a time where real lsd is like non existent anyway so if you really dont trust or know ur seller u are almost just like begging for getting ripped off in some kind of way