• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ [Important NBOMe warning] Taking unknown blotters sold as LSD

I'd also like to propose that it is 25i which is so uniquely dangerous. 25i gave me hppd , was not entheogenic, and left we with a short but intense depression, all at a 1000mcg dose.

On the other hand 25c.... Ive taken 1.5mg with no hppd aggrivation, no depression, and no appearant neurotoxicity.

I think ive read that 25i is a full agonist of 5ht2a, while 25c is not.

Ive even read reports that people of taken 30mg of 25c and survived. Of course this should never, ever be attempted.

If you are going to use an nbome, dont use 25i.

Maybe it's a good idea to add to this post: Avoid mixing another substances with this since it can cause unknown reactions and unpredictable results ?

Damn, I took 8-10 hits of this crap like 3 years ago. Very bitter blotter. Glad it didn't kill me

This is why I have never tried acid. With all of these rcs going around nowadays you don't know what's in it. Remember William Picard and Todd Skinner. They supplied 99% of the worlds supply of lsd until they got busted by the Feds.

Their silo got bust 14 years ago that resulted in a 90% drop of LSD availability. Many things have changed since then.

You can use an acid specific reagent test if you fear you would't be able to distinguish it from a RC.

They supplied 99% of the worlds supply of lsd until they got busted by the Feds.

The 90% number was "invented" by the DEA - how would they know the exact number anyway? LSD is widely available these days!

Their silo got bust 14 years ago that resulted in a 90% drop of LSD availability. Many things have changed since then.

You can use an acid specific reagent test if you fear you would't be able to distinguish it from a RC.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/728161-William-Leonard-Pickard-on-Twitter

This is a thread ^ with more on Pickard who is active on the net and even posted as recently as this morning.

William Leonard Pickard on Twitter said:
Not all those who wander are lost
JRR Tolkien

Last edited:
Back on topic. To bad NBOMe chemicals didn't work out as planed and were toxic for particular people.
As planned? The scientist who created them never intended them to actually be consumed by people as a psychedelic drug. They were developed to study the effects of extremely selective 5ht agonists upon the brain. Their use was never intended to go beyond being given to lab animals.

^Yeah, they worked as planned... then crooks got their hands on them and started killing people :(

As planned? The scientist who created them never intended them to actually be consumed by people as a psychedelic drug. They were developed to study the effects of extremely selective 5ht agonists upon the brain. Their use was never intended to go beyond being given to lab animals.

True, if you see things that way. The end users and people originally disseminating NBOMe information had different plans.

Guess what, on a certain website if you sort listings by top selling, 25i-NBOMe is among the top 10. Including everything from Peruvian coke through speed to weed.

Also interesting info from Boom Festival, Portugal. Some 50k people go there every two years so it's grand. Half of the blotters tested by HR team were NBOMe-s.

Last edited by a moderator:
A research study surveyed >10,000 people. This chart shows the drugs they actually bought with bitcoin.
us-percentage-of-surveyed-users-who-bought-each-drug_chartbuilder.png

This data is from he following research study.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.12470/abstract

^ that graph is awesome, and very interesting.
Glad to see that there is still such a high demand for LSD (or at least there is in this example).
All of those drugs (except the NBOMe series, perhaps) should be able to be used legally in some way or another.
preferably - in my opinion - in a regulated manner as well as therapeutically where applicable, and of course in research.

In an unregulated market, with everything available - smack, crack - even coke or speed don't make that list; instead people appear to be chasing empathogens and psychedelics. I think that's cool.
It perhaps says more about the tastes of tech-savvy drug users (or scarcity of the aforementioned drugs available to them) - but assuming that I am reading the graph correctly (in assuming that omitted drugs were less popular than ketamine) it is quite interesting.
There was certainly a large buzz around various NBOMes, and when purchased as powder, most seem to have been very cheap, , which probably accounts for some of its popularity.
It is actually quite frightening to think of how much of the stuff must have been sold to consumers worldwide.
Not that I'm knocking the NBOMe family - I've only tried 25c NBOMe (and quite liked it) but the thought of less careful people dosing themselves and their friends/acquaintances and having access to bulk amounts of the stuff is scary.
It reflects badly on psychedelic drugs and psychedelic drug users badly to the wider when psychotic reactions, violence or fatal OD or misadventure hits the headlines, as well as obviously being tragic.
The perception that psychedelics are somehow deadly was something that used to seem false, and fading from popular perception.
But the widespread glut of NBOMe substances has brought "LSD madness" type media reports - but some of what they are saying this time around (while generally factually inaccurate) is actually true.
So while NBOMe popularity is probably the best argument for legalising LSD and/or Mushrooms - it is creating a climate in which this seems far less likely, as all psychedelics get lumped in with the toxic reactions, overdoses and freak outs as the various NBOMe and other random RCs flood traditional drug markets as well as the online marketplaces.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/738409-NBOMe-abuse-advice

Persisting effects after ceasing usage

Mainly from my experience and a few others:

* Blurring in vision, cant keep eyes focused on one thing for very long. (Makes you look like a sketchy mafucker)

* CNS zaps, never too debilitating though.

* Extreme confusion:
- Inability to express your thoughts (snappy comebacks are a biggy).
- Takes down barriers. (everything seems the same, i.e chair = pickle, and you think your right because you think you can explain it, never really could :?:?:?:?:?:?)
- Extreme short-term memory loss.
- Loss of long-term memories.​

* Flashbacks, never start tripping again though, mainly in thought process. Happens more so after a good meal or weed.

* Highly energetic, never can stay still.

* Highly increased metabolism, not good guys, even if your fat :p

* HPPD out the wazoo (for me, it looks like particles are trickling down the walls at all times, afterimages have color added)

* Paranoia "dat police guy knows im weird from drugz halp"

* Pressure in the brain, not what I would consider a headache. (Mainly in the center, probably in or around the hippocampus, but not saying it's the only region affected)

* Random mood swings and bipolar episodes.

* Sensory input gets jumbled. Example: someone says "Can you give that chair to me", you hear, "Why do you stare at me?" Then, in your extremely confused and bipolar state, get very angry at them for thinking such a thing is being done.

* Sex drive reduced to almost nothing.

* Many more problems, similar crack/cocaine abuse, just look that up and go to various links that have a "long-term" section.

This is an interesting post!

I'm wondering, given the detail... does anything expressed here help narrow down the likely mechanisms of fatality surrounding the NBOMe compounds?

If the OP is describing Brain Zaps as a an after-effect of using NBOMe's, then it's possible that NBOMe's bring about a similar serotonin system damage that serotonergic stimulants like MDMA do in high doses. If both MDMA & NBOMe compounds act similarly on the serotonin system it's possible that they both affect the regulation of core temperature & the metabolisation of water. If these side effects were coupled with insecure setting & panic for any reason, they might bring about the same sort of shock related organ collapse that Ecstasy casualties suffer. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation or DIC.

A cerebral or cardiovascular event also strike me as more likely in a psychedelic panic state.

NBOMes are Phenethylamines like MDMA, are they not?

Am I right thinking this is not too far-fetched?

DIC - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disseminated_intravascular_coagulation

Last edited:
i take nbomb about once weeky.found best results with shrooms.addes the insight it seems to lack

Using an unresearched chemical for whatever reason with such regularity is inviting disaster. I would be happy to trip weekly, but not on such an ill-researched, possibly even dangeorus chemical group such as the NBOMe compounds. I understand that these compounds produce the desired results for you but they are an unpredictable lot & I wouldn't want you to end up a casualty. Find something else to trip on, the options these day are close to limitless.

I know some guy who felt ill after taking a blotter after MDMA, the symptoms he described where like an MDMA overdose, but he said he took a normal dose, like less than 300mgs and it all went to shit after the blotter, he doesn't seem to remember the print as he bought it a party he says he's sure it's wasn't genuine LSD.

We need to be careful,taking acid on mdma is usually blissful, those cunts selling NBOME as acid need a good kicking, even of they do it out of ignorance.

This was posted in EADD in the last 24 hours & I thought it might add to me theory. I know it's second hand heresay, but we should consider whatever evidence we can find for the time being.

It is not possible to distinguish the two by effects, especially from a second hand description, because they are so similar. If it doesn't sound like LSD then it's probably not a psychedelic at all!. In any case, we do not permit substance identification without some sort of analytical result so I'm afraid you won't find an answer here. Please read our rules :)

You can use the edit button under the post and do it from there :)

Thanks for your understanding.