View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ [Important NBOMe warning] Taking unknown blotters sold as LSD

most of what is on the market is blotters of complexed nboxx
like a salt you could say but more like febreze

I used HCl too. I remember 2-3 years ago there were some batches of 25I going around that were completely insoluble in water (probably freebase) and that may be the reason why it was thought it wasn't active orally.

I know complexing is unnecessary, because I never bother to do it with my material and it works just fine without it.

Just took roughly 375mcg of FREEBASE 25c-NBOMe orally after eating a light dinner. Lets see how it goes! Important note: I have HPPD which means that a placebo effect for psychedelic visuals is a possibility.

Now that I think about, swallowing freebase shouldn't be a problem either because the HCl in the stomach will salt it.

Now that I think about, swallowing freebase shouldn't be a problem either because the HCl in the stomach will salt it.

3 hours in, I have a mild psychedelic mindspace and very mild NBOMe esque euphoria. I've definetly absorbed some amount of it, perhaps slowly, as I swallowed the tab directly after eating dinner. Cant tell if I have had any real visuals yet. Perhaps some freebase is destroyed? we shall see.

Hmm, feel pretty baseline right now... I am gonna try on an empty stomach - we shall see.

Very certain at normal doses. There are no reports of active swallowed doses and many reports of inactive oral trials.

We are still not really certain about what happens at very high doses but willing testers are not easy to find!

Seriously? Guess y'all don't got the same problem across the pond as we do here.

Ok, I tried swallowing the freebase again, now on an empty stomach, once again around 350mcg. Once again - not a full trip but actually way more active. its only been about a half hour. We shall see, its looking like it will work.

Nope, nothing really like the buccal of the same dose. FREEBASE 25c-NBOME is for the most part inactive. Some of it does make it through, but not nearly enough for someone to mistake it for LSD.

Well, there's certainly some coffins to prove that oral doses of 25-I can be fatal. Surprised you don't know this..

http://www.mediachannel.org/breaking-bad-digital-drug-sales-analog-drug-deaths/

Well, "oral doses" prepared by someone who didn't know that the drug they were preparing doses of was roughly 200 times as potent as anything else they'd ever seen in their life, save nicotine. It's not entirely surprising they died: they broke into a drug dealer's house, stole a quantity of unknown drug, and ate an unknown amount of it. I can hardly imagine a worse idea.

next you could say language is bad because terrorists use language to communicate while making plans to blow up people.
tell the police using gestures if you see anyone suspicious talking.

25I oh my god, this stuff ruined my life, ever since I took it at a festival last year, 2 blotters and was my first and LAST psychedelic experience.. I have never been able to do ANY drug without having a bad experience since, not even weed!! It's put me in this fucking derealization depersonalization state that I have been in for 1 year so far and it's been the worst year of my life!! I hate people I hate going outside the world scares the shit out of me! Can anyone help me, I want my emotions back ? And my sense of life and realness? Please??

25I oh my god, this stuff ruined my life, ever since I took it at a festival last year, 2 blotters and was my first and LAST psychedelic experience.. I have never been able to do ANY drug without having a bad experience since, not even weed!! It's put me in this fucking derealization depersonalization state that I have been in for 1 year so far and it's been the worst year of my life!! I hate people I hate going outside the world scares the shit out of me! Can anyone help me, I want my emotions back ? And my sense of life and realness? Please??

what exactly is a sense of realness?
this thing you are yearning for might be something I never had
the sense of realness and emotion,
do you have evidence that you had this immediately prior to your OD on nbome?
is it possible that just before the nbome, you left the land of realness and emotion?

Very true I've never looked at it this way before, the only evidence I really have is memories, I used to be a very happy guy that was ready for any challenge, I would go out hang with friends do anything, go anywhere, with no lack of confidence. Now I'm just a loner that is scared of going even out my front door, I used to look at things in life and think you know what, that's beautiful, now everything just looks fake and surreal.

Sense of realness is probably a function of cognitive coherence.
I'll try not to get too technical, but bear with me. To illustrate... there is a neurological condition called Capgras syndrome that causes people to believe that the very familiar person they are with is instead an imposter. This is caused by a dissonance between succesful recognition of the person and the missing emotional charge that is supposed to go with it. Apparently they discovered that there is certain coherence lost in the brain, activity that is supposed to be triggered in the IIRC amygdala is 'missing'.
You would expect to feel things like a sense of security and familiarity and so many other things that you associate with a person very dear to you. If you don't, that apparently causes paranoid feelings and ideas: something is not right. Things aren't real, people are imposters, you are being fooled, et cetera. The effect is: it certainly looks like it is e.g. my very close friend, but somehow I feel it isn't or couldn't be him.

That is why I think that if you, spaceface14, are missing emotional associations, the feeling that things make sense and are real and right... the cause might be that certain connections in your brain are interfered with and the activity is (hopefully and assumeably) temporarily changed or more scattered / less attuned. I believe for some reason the drug may have caused some kind of disruption, it will probably take a little time before the activity over those connections is more or less restored. The best explanation I have is that your brain is giving you mixed signals when you are looking around you... so while that is the case hopefully you can help yourself by artificially introducing some reassurance, when you reflect on it. It may help to try and reconcile what feels like it is not making sense, I realize that may be a hard thing to do though.
Although things are always changing in the brain, you can never really go back to how it was... but you can hope to see similar functionalities return. Usually you can be very hopeful about it, these NBOMe's are a bit of a new phenomenon though. Have faith.

Psychedelics changing the coherences that make (part?) of our brain activity is nothing new, I think... but you have to really push it to cause lasting effects. NBOMe's with their high receptor binding affinities just might be more extreme than we are used to, and this may translate to thing like what happened to you, getting HPPD a whole lot easier, and more manifestations of brain coherence getting fucked with.
Also some people are probably more sensitive to others, so that might make matters worse or problems / risk calculation more unevenly spreaded...

disclaimer: I am not a neurologist, just theorizing out loud.

Last edited:
Recently at a local amusement park in middlebury ct 5 kids collapsed at a concert. They took what they thought was LSD. At the same time all 5 of them just blacked out. I guess it kicked in at the exact same time for a of them? Either way be careful what you take.

There needs to be public service announcements in schools and on TV stating, "If it's bitter, it's a spitter." The world would be a better place. High schoolers wouldn't be dropping dead. Nor college students. One student was found dead in a parking lot at my university after ingesting 25i. It could have been avoided so easily if students were made aware of the dangers of non-LSD containing blotters.