• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Divin right in

OLD.GREGGGGG

Bluelighter
I haven't posted here that I remember in this forum. Recently I dove head first into heroin. It'd been months since I had craving or access to it. Was using 10mg oxy IRS recreationally maybe 2 times a week. My boy went to prison for a year and 8months shock. Got out and he hit me up thru texts. He got me back into shit ASAP. He's got good connects I never had without em. My fear is that I'm gonna lose my self control and willpower. In the past I held my heroin use to a relatively low usage. No more than 3-5 bags max and only like once a week unless I came across lots of excess money. The last 2 weeks I've spent all my money and increased my tolerance 3fold. WTF do I do? Am I fucked?

Hi OLD.GREGGGG :)

Seems to me you know the answer, the more you continue to use this substance the more likely you are to get into genuine addiction. From the few lines you've written your use seems to have been limited in the past by either funds or availability in the past.

Now you've had access and funds you've quickly escalated your use and it seem almost certain that of you continue to use full blown addiction is just around the corner.

Ideally IMHO you should cut your losses, accept that you've had your 'free lunch' messing with opiates and quit whilst your ahead, a very short taper may help.

I'm sure others here with more experience with opiates may have better advice on how to jump off the train at this early stage.

Best thing would be to cut yourself off from your friend. That may seem cold, but if you feel like you don't have the self control to say no, that's going to be the only way. If he's a true friend and not just one of those friends that you only hang out with to get and use drugs with, explain that you're trying to get clean and that it'll be best if he leaves you alone for a whole or at least doesn't send you those enticing texts about getting drugs.

I've got 1 bag left. Gonna try to make it last me all day. Should I invest in some wd meds now? What kinda wds should I expect from my usage? I don't use needles only sniff the stuff.

I've got 1 bag left. Gonna try to make it last me all day. Should I invest in some wd meds now? What kinda wds should I expect from my usage? I don't use needles only sniff the stuff.

How much were you using? How long? Have you had a habit in the past?

If you're really worried, try to find some subs. If you can't get that, benzos help for sleep, you can try loperamide(immodium), but I never found it all that helpful.

I've had a habit for 3or 4 years on and off. Takes over 100mg to get off on oxy. Dope, 2-3 bags each time. I did a bun+ in 2 days.

Shouldn't be too bad if you're only doing a few bags a day. If you have anything left, do a fast taper and hope for the best. Obviously subs are the best for avoiding withdrawal symptoms, but if you can find anything I mentioned before like benzos or anything really to help you sleep, that will help a lot. Any time you spend asleep is time you don't feel sick lol.

Otherwise stay hydrated, try to move around a bit because I always feel better when I'm distracted by something instead of sitting in my bed or on the couch wishing I didn't feel like shit.

Hi OLD.GREGGGG :)

Seems to me you know the answer, the more you continue to use this substance the more likely you are to get into genuine addiction. From the few lines you've written your use seems to have been limited in the past by either funds or availability in the past.

Now you've had access and funds you've quickly escalated your use and it seem almost certain that of you continue to use full blown addiction is just around the corner.

Ideally IMHO you should cut your losses, accept that you've had your 'free lunch' messing with opiates and quit whilst your ahead, a very short taper may help.

I'm sure others here with more experience with opiates may have better advice on how to jump off the train at this early stage.

Hiya OLD.GREGGGGG,

I agree with Allein,

In my opinion, my advice would be to get out before your addiction gets worst. The only way that you can truly do this is by cutting off all ties with people who use or are trying to sell you opiates. The idea may sound daunting but it is all too easy to obtain and use if you have access to it. Of course I cannot - and would not - tell you what to do. This is only advice and you'll get support here because the people here are very supporting and friendly. I wish you all the very best and am here if you need someone to talk to.

Take Care,
Evey