• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

how to smoke shatter hash oil

The Doc.

Bluelighter
I've been getting this real nice strong pure as can be shatter hash oil but its so sticky and gooey (especially when its hot out) that its next to impossible to smoke in a pipe even on top of weed like a pillow doesn't work well. I've been using tinfoil to smoke it and have been chasing the dragon and sucking up the smoke with a straw like you would heroin but want to stop smoking on foil but not spend a fortune on a fancy electronic vaporiser pipe or volcano type system. Any ideas?

Get yourself a little oil rig to smoke it with. Mine is like a little bong but instead of a bowl there's. little glass nail. You torch the nail til it gets hot, then drop your shatter on it and throw the dome on and hit it. They're pricier than your average bong but you should be able to find a little one for 75-150. Or you could buy a vape pen and smoke from that but I really only like the pen for when I need to travel and be discrete.

Oh ya that sounds cool they come already with a nail instead of a bowl?
Those vape pens are they outrageous in price? Like over 150 200bucks? And do vape pens work well every single click a toke or one handed pipe system I've ever bought has been seriously flawed in some way that makes using it next to impossible.

We have smoked our shatter by dabbing it on a cleaner soldering iron and inhaling with a straw. It's harsh but it works.

We have smoked our shatter by dabbing it on a cleaned soldering iron and inhaling with a straw. It's harsh but it works.

What the fuck, don't buy oil for like two weeks and get a real rig? OR get a stainless steel dab tool for like 10 bucks online http://aqualabtechnologies.com/, get a blob on the end of said tool, heat the middle of the tool so the blob falls onto your blunt/joint/bong bowl/nail/pipe bowl...smoke.

get yourself one of these.. it only ran me $40 at the local head shop.
37B6B722-06B9-46A4-A876-188BE61F5E50_zpswylbfzq5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
C06BAA19-2A91-4B61-8E7D-C00B069F3EAB_zpss3c4g1wx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have one and absolutely LOVE it. its great for on the go use or for use while playing disk golf!!haha
I leave my nice expensive water-rig at home where its safe

You can even get the spubbler version online. The spoon bubbler design that's spill proof

thanks guys that looks sweet man I gotta keep my eye out for one of those%)

If $$ is the issue as not to get a bong/nail or skillet. Try a hot knife and straw ..I'm not real keen on using any aluminum to heat and smoke off of.

If $$ is the issue as not to get a bong/nail or skillet. Try a hot knife and straw ..I'm not real keen on using any aluminum to heat and smoke off of.

I heard a second-hand story about someone who religiously hot-knifed - after many years he got sick and couldn't breathe. When he went to the hospital and they did a full check up they informed him that his lungs had effectively anodized, they were just coated with metal. I'm sure the odd hot-knife wouldn't be too harmful but heating up any cheap metal and inhaling the fumes is problematic.

Hot knife it, or even better hot spoon it! Heat up a spoon with a torch and dab it into the middle and watch it spin around the inside viciously while you suck it up with a pen tube.

IMO, if you plan to spend good money on oil and then vape it on anything but high/medical-grade Titanium/quartz/ceramic---you're an idiot.

It's 2016, you shouldn't be hot-knifing anything.

If you can't afford a $30 Highly Educated nail, stick to flower.