• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

withdrawing from marijuana

Anyway, in regards to the cranberry juice comment I believe it is thought to work because it is a diuretic. <--- what does diuretic mean? (my english isnt too good)

Diuretic: something that makes you urinate / piss more.
Don't worry about your English, plenty of native speakers don't know that word either...

im doing great, still off the pot, though on saturday night i had ONE toke on a scooby going by at the party i was at. but thats cool.
during the week i still get frustration attacks, and at night i have the most absurd dreams. like last night i was hosting a bluelight party at my house (this is a dream) only everyone was like 15/16 yrs old. anyway they were all totally fucked up, lying around the floor in their pissy e-puddles when their mums and dads started walking in and harrasing me. very stressfull dream.
thanx for the advice/support, i feel like a great weight has been lifted from my head... ive started a sit up routine coz i want a six pack, and i'm even reading a book!
cheers all
[ 11 March 2002: Message edited by: eddi spgeddi ]

wow, i hate it when i find stuff like this... i'm still trying to quit. i'm having anothr break at the moment, but a mate rang earlier and i nearly caved. gotta be strong - i hate being a drug addict. i'm lucky not to be in the BL Shrine already.

Indeed, weed w/d is a true and nasty thing. Not as bad as a lot of stuff, but still bad in its own right-

What symptoms do you guys get? It could help for ourwiki page....:)

in control, but not totally over it!
smoke hoote about once a month these days.

It feels like being out of touch with ... nature? not to sound cliche. My reasoning is that when I don't smoke weed.. my enjoyment level for the overall day goes down. so.. withdrawal is more like not being able to be as acutely in touch with the object of our concentration, which we had when stoned.

Things that have helped me when I quit.

Eating more fruits and vegetables and leaner meats - no cheeseburgers everyday. (just on Saturday). Fruit juices help cleanse the system, too.

Add some exercise. - the gym is not necessary unless you really want to. Just take a 15 minute walk when the urge to smoke hits. 30 - 45 minutes of walking (not strolling) a day is very beneficial.

These first few weeks I have been dragging. A 5 hour energy shot from the grocery store works wonders. They sell them in a 6 pack and I keep them in the fridge. Not more than 1 a day and not longer than 2 weeks.

Vitamins B, C, D, and E daily are helpful and certainly won't hurt. It takes a few weeks before they really help a lot.

Sleep: Melatonin was suggested. It is good. Take it and hop into bed lights out, TV off, computer off. It has a "window" in which it works and you can blow through it if you are doing stuff. Benadryl ain't too bad either, all things considered.

Your friends? a lot of the weed heads will start to disappear. That is normal. If they beg you to smoke, they are not your friends.

Weed has been my drug of choice forever. But it can be psychologically addictive and a destructive force in my own life (a big motivation killer). I consider it less dangerous than alcohol, but the laws are tougher on pot regardless and that is always a factor, too.

WD symptoms

Indeed, weed w/d is a true and nasty thing. Not as bad as a lot of stuff, but still bad in its own right-

What symptoms do you guys get? It could help for ourwiki page....:)

restless, irritable, headaches

trouble sleeping - quality and duration. lack of good REM sleep the first two weeks.

Did I say irritable? :X definitely.

fatigue.

lack of concentration and motivation. probably had it before, but being stoned was the answer.

If I think of others, I will come back to this thread.