• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Everything you could want to know about VIVITROL

Unfortunately not familiar w kratom. That vivitrol shot shld be gone. Unfortunately for some it lasts a bit longer than a month but for sure opiates shld work now. H, roxi, etc. And whilst on viv you can overpower easily w bupe. I did have to shoot in order to make sure they'd work tho. Never tried to take them orally. And google showed me kratom pics that male it seem unshootable. Additionally i believe tramadal will also trump viv (like bupe) matter what day in ur viv cycle ure at. Sorry cldnt be ofore help

I'm coming to this party late. But I wanted to chime in.

I understand (and share) some of the hate that folks on this thread have voiced about vivitrol. But for me personally it was a huge help. I had tried to get off heroin for several years and just couldn't make progress. About the only thing I hadn't tried was MMT. Finally, while I was in outpatient rehab, I asked my doctor to Rx me naltrexone. I sensed, based on what I know about how my cravings and relapses unfold, that naltrexone--especially vivitrol--might bolster my own wanting to be done with heroin. I felt like I just needed something to give me a better bulwark against the self-destructive fantasies that always led me to relapse. To put it succinctly, I guessed that if I knew getting high was off the table, I'd claw my way to another solution.

Now, things weren't perfect. I did end up dabbling in stimulants for a while when I was on vivitrol. But these never escalated to much. And when I came off vivitrol (after 7 months), about 2 months later I did have a couple heroin lapses. But even though it was not perfect, I made way more progress with vivitrol in my toolkit than I did without it.

No, vivitrol is not comparable to treatment modalities like ORT. It's a totally different thing. And it's criminal that people get coerced into getting on vivitrol.

But if a person is well informed and believes it might be right for him or her, I think naltrexone is worth trying (always starting with the oral form before committing to vivitrol).

Thank you for your reply anyway. Im going to get some kratom on friday, that will make it 46 days from my first and last shot. I should feel it but i will report back the results. Its funny cause there is very limited info on kratom and vivitrol and ik my feedback will help plenty of ppl.

Day fucking 5 on vivatrol fml. I have been on and off vivatrol for the past two years. It sucks i have 4 opanas waiting for me for day 28. And will probably buy even more than that so i can have a huge stash save up by the time i can use. It just sucks having drugs you can?t use, i think about them and look at them every day, and i have 23 days remaining. P I?ve been only clean for 33 days this time and it?s my second consecutive vivatrol shot this go around. Ughhhhhh ?

I?m in something called day report which is a relatively new thing in West Virginia. I?m on probation for a cannabis possession charge and they forced me to have the vivitrol injection (money is everything). I finally discontinued the shit after 7 months. My last shot was October 8th so I?m about 46-47 days post injection. I?m scheduled to have surgery next week and if been prescribed Percocet for pain management before the surgery but I have felt 0 effects, no pain relief no mental effects whatsoever. How long will the blocker stick around? I?m thinking I should postpone surgery because I don?t want to get it done without being able to manage my pain afterwards. I?ve read some people are blocked 2-3 months after their last shot! I?m in a lot of pain and need relief fast

Thought I'd chime in on my experience. I'm an opioid addict (oxy 2 years, IV heroin/pills 2 years) and an alcoholic so I thought I found my miracle drug. While this could be a miracle drug, it requires dedication to recovery and sobriety and I am not dedicated to that yet. I received my first vivitrol injection on 12-18-18 and I'm currently on day 24. My decision to get the shot was purely impulsive. I had fully detoxed from heroin and alcohol and abstained for two months white knuckling prior to the injection. Worried about my cravings, I called my doc and scheduled an appt a week in advance. During that week I was hyped about getting it and felt that it was a wise and responsible decision. The day of my appt I started regretting it and a couple hours after the injection I basically mentally relapsed because I made the decision to try and use/drink while on the shot. Here's a chronicle of my experience up to day 24.

60 days leading up to the shot I used nothing but kratom - a lot of kratom. Over an ounce a day to help deal with my dope cravings (it barely sufficed). I used kratom daily leading up to the injection. I knew kratom has some sort of withdrawal but I was under the impression that it was comparable to a cold. I was craving heroin heavily and to a lesser extent alcohol during these 60 days.
Day of injection: My heroin cravings were through the roof and I amazingly did not use the day of. Got to my doctors office and started regretting this decision. She mixed up the shot, which looked like a milky suspension and stuck it in my rear. The needle didn't hurt but my rear was quite sore immediately after. I got the shot in the morning and went to work after. On the drive over I started feeling irritable. 30 minutes later I'm at my desk and my crash course in kratom withdrawal began. It was much worse than I expected but not nearly as bad as full blown dope sick. All the classic dope sick symptoms - cold sweats, aches, restless legs, depression but less intense. It was still quite uncomfortable. Cravings 10 out of 10.

Days 2-7
: The worst symptoms of the kratom withdrawal lasted 7 days. I didn't sleep or eat much. The days felt 3 times longer and I was extremely depressed. Rather than taking advantage of opportunity to stay clean, I started drinking on day 5. It took all the fun out of being drunk and left me disoriented and sick. No alcohol pleasure whatsoever. Vivitrol supposedly helps with opioid cravings but that skyrocketed after geting the shot. Its probably all mental though because I decided I wanted to use on day one and the countdown to 30 days felt like an eternity.

Days 7-14: I've been craving heroin so badly and was restless, irritable and discontent just like the Big Book describes. I decided to test the opioid-blocking properties on day 10 with some kratom extract. All I got were the 'wobbles' and a headache. That day I also drank and still had the same pleasureless experience. Fast forward to day 14 and I get a text from my hydromorphone plug and couldn't resist. I got 10 hydromorphone 8mg pills. I IV'd 8mg (with a wheel filter - never shoot pills without proper filtration!) and got nothing but wasted money. No rush, no pins, no euphoria. However, the IV ritual was very satisfying. My appetite and sleep are still poor.

Days 15-24: Since day 14 I've been drinking daily and the pleasurable effects have slowly returned. I committed to save the hydromorph until at least day 28 but being the junkie that I am, decided to experiment. On day 18, I shot 16mg and experienced mild sedation but not even a satisfying sort of sedation. About 10-15% of the high. No where near nodding out. Feeling frustrated, I went crazy the evening of day 18 and shot ketamine, drank, sniffed coke and smoked weed until the early morning. The ketamine experience was slightly less satisfying but still fun (maybe just circumstantial). Vivitrol had no effect on coke or weed but I'm not much into those substances. I just craved that opioid blanket of warmth and pleasure very badly. On day 20 I shot another 16mg of hydromorph and got some slightly satisfying sedation and warmth but no rush or pins (25% of the high). I debated going higher on my dose but it sounded it bit unsafe considering respiratory depression can still happen even though there is no high. Since day 20 drinking has been relatively satisfying but I really haven't craved a drink all that much. Vivitrol has only helped with my alcohol cravings. I'd say my alcohol cravings are half what they usually are. I really only drank to gauge the efficacy of vivitrol, not to get drunk. However, vivitrol has done nothing for my opioid cravings from day 1 until as of now, day 24. If anything my cravings greatly increased but like I said earlier, I am not all that dedicated to quitting opioids at the moment. Today, day 24, I shot another 16mg and had a satisfying rush and nod. Probably around 60-70%.

In summary, vivitrol works great on blocking opioids and reducing alcohol cravings for me. It absolutely did not help with opioid cravings. I'm taking sertraline 100mg for major depressive disorder, which has worked great for me. But while on vivitrol my depression has been worse than ever. I used coke on day 18 regardless of my distaste for that shit just to mask my feelings. As others have mentioned, vivitrol can work great for those who are working a program of recovery. In my case, it has been miserable because I made an impulsive decision to get the shot even though I knew I'm not ready to quit. Also, kratom withdrawal sucks and anybody who plans on getting the shot should be fully detoxed from opioids. Usually 7-14 days per the manufacturer. Folks on bupe or methadone should probably wait even longer, like 3 weeks. Today is day 24 and I'll update my experiences with vivitrol.

Ok been a while since I?ve posted but my recent experience made me come back to warn people not to make the mistake I did. I was on day 9 no fentanyl when I got the shot, passed narcan challenge. However for the 9 days leading up to the shot I was taking loperamide 10-14 mg daily even the day of the shot. Didn?t think it would cause a problem but I was dead wrong. One hour after the shot I got the worst stomach pains of my life. Had to be taken to the ER, couldn?t even lay down was in the fetal position and it didn?t stop for about 8-10 hours after the shot with massive doses of bentyl for cramps. Do not take lope before your first shot or you will wanna die

I've been getting vivitrol shots for about 7 months now. Day 24 into my 7th shot i decided to test the vivitrol. I iv'd a bag and felt some effects, pretty sedated but no euphoria. So now 24 hrs later ave I've had to spend my whole day sick in bed. Nausea, ready bad head ache, super depressed.. And now I'm getting yawns, watery eyes.. Is it possible that ill have to detox from this 1 use? Or is it just all the added crap in h that's making me feel so sick? I'm supposed to get my next viv shot in 5 days.. Will i be ok to get the shot? Any help would be so sooo appreciated.

If you have made it this far into the forum, congratulations i have good news for you. I am on day 10 and feel about a 60% high from only .2 of fentanyl... i have a fast metabolism and am on my first month, but this is still way more than expected

What about the 50mg oral naltrexone... Someone must know how long it actually blocks ooiates and when is a safe time to use after taking it daily for 15 days... Havent taken it since yesterday morning... So around 36 hrs since last dose...

Anyone still on vivitrol? I drink everyday and have ever since I got the shot. I?ve been on it about 18 months. I never get drunk just drink 4/5 beers a day after work. I?ve been drunk once and it was at a party. Typical I know. But my question is if Swim is feeling fairly tipsy and injects oxycodone would it have any effect on the affinity of the receptors?

I was under the impression that the main function of the shot was to curb cravings... that seems laughable after reading this thread. vivitrol apparently an epic fail in that department. it seems more like a dare or challenge. you face off against the vivtrol in the arena, no holds barred, only one will win...or just get a shitty half buzz...

Cravings really aren?t that bad. I?ve had the oxy for a few months now and haven?t touched it. The shot works if u let it. Period. If u wanna get high you will.