• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Everything you could want to know about VIVITROL

It depends from person to person. I've heard of people breaking through closer to the end of the shot. But if you want to get high why not just don't waste money on the shot next month? Or switch to oral naltrexone where you control the days you take it or don't take it.

It's really dangerous to try and break through with a higher dose though. Your tolerance will drop from not using for two months. Basically just be careful

If you're getting the shot again next month don't do it. The risk is not worth it....

you'd have to do such monster doses that, yeah, as everyone above has said, it'd be too dangerous.
either stop getting shots, especially since you're not in the recovery mindset atm, and do heroin or keep clean on the viv but don't try and do both man.
how comes you're getting viv shots if you don't want them? parents? court?༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Yeah basically. Family wanted me to do it, I did. I mean I'll probably just skip out on the next one but I don't want to wait until then if I have to.

Hey ack, I have since gotten my shot since the post. I am on day 23 of my shot...tomorrow will Be day 24 and I was planning on using before I get my next shot on Monday. Chances I’ll feel something?

Do not use within a few days of getting your next shot or you risk precipitated withdrawal.

You may or may not feel anything, depends upon how much you use. The difference between breaking through any remaining naltrexone and OD is a fine line through, and trying to break through is therefore dangerous. So your risking OD and precipitated withdrawal when you get your next installment of Viv. Please be safe.

If you’re going to use, get on something more appropriate like buprenorphine or methadone. Vivitrol is really only for people who are committed to not using. And even then, you really shouldn’t be trying to use one any ORT.

Do not use within a few days of getting your next shot or you risk precipitated withdrawal.

You may or may not feel anything, depends upon how much you use. The difference between breaking through any remaining naltrexone and OD is a fine line through, and trying to break through is therefore dangerous. So your risking OD and precipitated withdrawal when you get your next installment of Viv. Please be safe.

If you’re going to use, get on something more appropriate like buprenorphine or methadone. Vivitrol is really only for people who are committed to not using. And even then, you really shouldn’t be trying to use one any ORT.

I’m only planning on using today I think by Monday I should be fine. As far as why I’m on vivatrol..it wasn’t my decision. For the most part I’m happy I don’t have to wake up dope sick and scrounging for cash. It has done wonders for my life. I just can’t resist one last attempt. That being said we have narcan at the house.

Trapped in vivitrol prison

Hey guys today is day 18 and I tried to use day 16 many felt like 10-15% I'm 28 170lb fast metabolism my whole life! A couple of questions when can I feel the opiate high again which day specifically. Is there anything to expedite the process of vivitrol leaving my system? And when does this hard collection in my butt cheek go away because here I am midway through the 3rd week and it's still there!!! And also does that lump correlate with vivitrol concentrations in ur system?

The lump in your butt is troubling. Is it like an abscess (warm to the touch, tender, etc)? If so please seek medical attention. Absesses from properly administered Viv should be rare, but better safe than sorry. It shouldn’t take more than three to four weeks to clear up on its own, though it may be tender during that time. Don’t try and excise the Viv injection site as that will be asking for an abcsss if not done just so. The lump has more to do with your body processing a foreign material than it has anything to do with how much Viv is left in your system.

There isn’t anything you can really do to speed up the naltrexone leaving your system. It takes about a month for one to be able to feel opioids anything like normal after a shot of Viv. Only way you’ll be able to feel opioids is by using super potent opioids with a higher binding affinity at dangerously high doses. The risk of OD is very real with that kind of use so it is best avoided. Plus fentanyl habits suck balls.

You should be able to feel the affects of kratom (particularly 7-HM) and tramadol (particularly O-DT) type pseudo opioids while you’re on Viv though. Perhaps try using one of those substances if you must use. As opposed to trying something dangerous like a super high dose of potent opioids. Also you should be able to feel the effects of buprenorphine, which you can potentials with cimetidine (don’t do this long term due to unfortunate side effects like growing man boobs - forgive me for assuming you’re male). So if you must use stick to safer things like reasonable doses of buprenorphine, tramadol or kratom.

Thanx man and yes I'm a dude. It's not an abscess just if I feel deep tissue I can feel a hard collection of the vivitrol and am wondering y it hasn't really dissipated yet! I guess I just gotta grind it out and wait another 10 days am try .1 snort. Cuz I used to iv but too scared to do that off the bat hearing as ur receptors are very sensitive when naltrexone first leaves ur system. And ever since I got the shot I feel these horrible head aches in the back of my head an neck I can't help but blame the naltrexone it feels like I have a slime over my brain haha

Sure thing, no problem.

Yeah you will be extremely sensitive to OD as the Viv wears off. Definitely be careful with using stuff like heroin until you know for sure what your tolerance will be like once the naltrexone is out of your system.

Smoking it snorting dope will be infinitely safer and a better idea than injecting it given your circumstances. Very wise, mature decision.

Why did you get on Viv if you don’t mind my asking?

A lot of people get pushing into getting on it by friends/family/the courts without being proper committed to not using. Perhaps you can explore a different form of treatment, like buprenorphine, if you still want or work on not using illegal drugs (assuming you want to continue working on this stuff I mean, as it truly should be your own decision - forcing someone into recovery almost never works and can create far more harm than even active addiction).

People often forget to ask the drug user what they themselves want when it comes to treatment, yet your goals are the most important when it comes to figuring out strategies of recovery.

Well I originally been doin oxy 30's for like 5 years but then due to pharmacy and doc restrictions set it less of them r around also they are fuckin expensive so I went to dope about a year ago and just started iv about 2 months ago and I deteriorated quickly and my parents kind of pushed me heavy but I was on the verge of losing my apartment and my job and car so I said I need to do this. And it has been a gift cuz I have time away from opiates but I do still want that high just for a few weeks.. I know I know how the spiral goes but I can't help it I really do wanna use a tiny bit and then I'll get a second shot and then hopefully stay sober eternally I go to iop and I have to start going to meetings also

Look into ORT if you still want to use but also need help controlling you use. You sound like you’d benefit from a good methadone program.

After trying pretty much everything else that is what really helped me (and since I did it right getting off it when I was ready wasn’t as difficult as some people make it seem). Having access to safe daily opioids to catch my buzz allowed me to learn to love them and be okay with that, which almost paradoxically allowed me to come to terms with the fact I can’t really use them responsibly on my own, which made getting healthier a lot less difficult.

Day 23 and I could still feel the injection site hard collection of vivitrol when will this shit go away!!!??? And is there any way of knowing when the cock sucking VIVitrol is out of my system??

Also I just tried to get high again. And I definitely feel something not euphoria no itchyness no pins and needles but I def feel like sedated. And I shot a .2 0 effect but when I snorted a .2 I felt it! Any1 have all an experience like that? I hope to god this viv is completely gone by day 28-30 I can't wait any longer. I hope I'm not one of those unlucky fucks who has to wait like 45!days to feel 100% this is only my first shot so I hope not

You maybe have to wait a while longer. Try and be patient. There are lots of other (safer) drugs out there you can be enjoying instead of opioids too btw. Perhaps you might want to try and find some mushrooms to eat or something. Who knows, they might even help you in terms of addiction issues. You have to be careful with how you use any drug of course, I'm just suggesting perhaps use this as an opportunity to explore other, less harmful forms of substance use.

Day 38 still not full effects and I’m doing a lot more D than I need to be and have been for 8 days in a row now worried I might withdraw and I haven’t even been fully enjoying the high!!just frustrated I can’t feel a good high I feel like 50% it sux

If you aren't feeling the effects of dope it's unlikely you'll actually withdrawal from it. At worst it will probably fuck with your mood a little as well as your GI system, but it won't be like full on withdrawal.

Are you planning to not use Viv again? If you plan on using opioids, I'd suggest you put off doing the Viv in the future. The doses required to break through are so high there is a very fine line between feeling any effects and ODing.

If you continue using heroin or powerful opioids while the Viv wears off, please be careful how much you dose. One dose on day 40 might barely do anything whereas, as the Viv continues to wear off, the same dose again the following day might cause OD.