• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Everything you could want to know about VIVITROL

I want too know asap will I get sick if I do opiates right after I take the vivitrol shot????? Please some one let me know soon.

Will I get sick if I do some bags a hour or 2 after my shot the day I get it ... Or what I no I can't have nothing in my system when I get it. But if I get it today will I be able too do some bags right after and not be sicker then he'll?????????????????????

Yo bro you will get very sick if you get that shot and have dope in ur system do not do it.... Lol I'm try a figture out if I can get the shot like in 20min then an hour later or 2 I can do sun bags and not get sick????????

I want to know the same thing getting my shot tomorrow. I heard if you do it within the first couple hours you can still get a good feeling is this true

Ryan55 ley me know how it works please it says invalid number

Last edited:
Okay well I just got my shot I'm going too get 4 bags now I'll let I no if I get high or get veryyyy fucking sick lol or both lol

I just did 4 of em I feel like 25% of the high I should be feeling a lot more I'm about too do 3 more and I let u no how that goes of any thing.

im day 30 and i used day 28 and couldn't feel anytihng. does anyone know if i will get high if i use today? im sick of wasting money. I want to get high so bad, fuck vivitrol

Tomorrow will be day 32 for me. I have .5 of heroin, I am gonna test it out and see.. I'll let you know, Chriss.

I haven't tried to get high the whole 30 days I was on vivitrol.. That's stupid to try to get high before the 30 days, what are you people thinking? What a waste of money.. I wanted to get high JUST as bad, but you don't see me wasting money. I made sure to wait at the very LEAST 30 days. I guess Im too greedy, haha..

I've heard some people say it lasts longer than 30 days so Im hoping it really does work after only 30 days.. :(

Anyway,
Im trying at day 32 tomorrow, I'll update everyone.

So the naltrexone stopped the alcohol buzz eh interesting. Many have told me naloxone/naltrexone has no medical reason to affect the buzz from alcohol.

My psychiatrist was really pushing Vivitrol at one point, but I resisted it after hearing about how painful the shot in the behind is and how a painful lump can form at the injection site so I continued taking naltrexone tablets even though periodically they would make me violently ill. I stopped because it did nothing for me and the occasional side effects negated anything positive. It did not reduce my craving for alcohol, nor did it affect the buzz from alcohol.

I do have to say that every AA group and sponsor is different. It has been a few years since I went, but when I was going I was on Subs and my sponsor told me since it was an RX med so long as I took it exactly as prescribed I was clean and sober and that if it helped I should continue taking it until I really felt comfortable about coming off it (and in general the group mostly felt the same way and there were people on methadone maintanence as well in the group). Many groups do follow the "RXs don't count as using if you are honest with your doctor and use the medication as prescribed.:

I'm not even a big fan of AA and don't think it alone helps many opioid addicts. I'm just trying to be fair though.

I do think the vivitrol thing is BS for most people. I have seen a few people end up abusing meth (including a friend who had the naltrexone implants, got high on meth, wanted to do H, and cut the implants out of him with a k-bar) and some that turned to benzos (which cause just as much if not more physical dependence than most opioids- the only exception I feel like is the super strong class of opioids like fentanyl which I thought was worse (to be fair though I have only been dependent on benzos that were RXed so about 2mgs of clonazepam was the most I ever went without)). If I'm going to end up using ocassionally I'd rather be on subs, everyone I know that has tried vivitrol feels like crap and does something stupid.and a lot of them have ended up stopping and having close calls with ODs just as OP did when he missed his dose. For the life of me I can't figure out why docs wouldn't give someone naltrexone pills for a few days first so if the patient reacts negatively they don't have it in them for weeks.

I do have to say that every AA group and sponsor is different. It has been a few years since I went, but when I was going I was on Subs and my sponsor told me since it was an RX med so long as I took it exactly as prescribed I was clean and sober and that if it helped I should continue taking it until I really felt comfortable about coming off it (and in general the group mostly felt the same way and there were people on methadone maintanence as well in the group). Many groups do follow the "RXs don't count as using if you are honest with your doctor and use the medication as prescribed.:

I'm not even a big fan of AA and don't think it alone helps many opioid addicts. I'm just trying to be fair though.

12 step is a mixed bag. I will say for me, for the most part, it has improved my life. My first sponsor was vehemently anti-medication and the first group I ever went to, I was strongly criticized for promoting medication, which is BS. I've come to see recovery as a three-legged stool consisting of 12 step, psychotherapy and psychiatry. Since then, I've found some good meetings, and given that alcoholism destroyed my marriage and basically left me friendless, I would be in near-complete isolation were it not for my AA family. But yes, I agree that meeting alone rarely help people.