• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What has been the strongest drug addiction you've faced?

In the state I live nothing is legal and whenn Herbal Incense came about I was the first to try it. I had connection with a scientist and his "stuff" was so strong that when I tried to smoke weed (during a vacation in CA) I couldn't get a "buzz." The time came when I began to wonder what is really in this "stuff" that could make it feel lke I was on such a strong trip sometimes I couldn't move. Also eatng was excessive. Of course it was a great pain reliever I'll give it that. Unless you are mentally mature this is not the drug for anyone to use. I did stop it and did have a slight withdraw from it but I will never touch it again. The person I was getting it from also is in trouble from what I hear. My feeling is there comes a time when it's just to high when you can't leave your house.

For me, nothing has ever compared to active heroin addiction. It's absolutely brutal to every aspect of your life.

Alcohol would be a distant second. It's pretty hard to stop a daily drinking routine when alcohol is everywhere and cheap.

Cigarettes are the worst I've faced.

I never developed an addiction to either mephedrone or ketamine but I imagine I could if I kept myself around large supplies - they're the only 2 drugs where I would set out to have a small line or so (such as fun for celebrating something) and then continue my day but I would constantly reason with myself "Yeah just have another bit it'll be sweet" - Before I know it the bags are gone.

Benzos, cigarettes and alcohol. <-that order.

I kicked alcohol after I did benzos at least once every couple days, still haven't fully kicked the benzo habit yet. I tend to drink and do benzos, I never drink and not do them... so I try to just pop some klons and be good for the night.

Cigarettes just piss me off but they keep me at bay, especially when I feel a subtle panic from benzo w/d.

Heroin and Oxys have been the hardest for me, I might kick one for the other at time but never can stop both,
Trying to do it now

Over the course of nearly 5 years i have experimented profoundly with many drugs but so far the worst addiction i have faced would have to be spice. I was curious to whether or not anybody has experienced a strong spice addiction or any other drug that had a strong grip on you. And how has it turned out for you? In my case, long story sort spice was the second drug i abused after weed and it took me into a whole other realm of desperation that i had never experienced.

cigarettes definitely

Easily the strongest and most powerful addiction in my memory would be the videogame League of Legends. I'm talking playing all night, anti-social behavior (in freshman year of college, this is practically impossible), and a reckless disregard for my responsibilities in life. I would push off essays and research reports, just naturally assuming that I would stay up all night to finish them, and instead play League till 1 or 2 am, early on, and till 5 or 6 am, later in the year. Of course my addiction to the game was abetted by an absurd caffeine dependency and by my prescribed Focalin (though I was never even remotely addicted to this compound itself--I actually didn't even use it as often as prescribed, which is what allowed me the "extra supply" to pull all nighters with).

The end result was messy. I first noticed psychosomatic symptoms--nervous ticks like throatclearing, which eventually progressed into a full-blown paranoia around swallowing. I believed I had something stuck in my throat, you see. It became incredibly difficult for me to eat, for the simple reason that I had "forgotten" how to properly swallow, and instead tended to choke on or partially inhale food on a daily basis. I couldn't sleep when I tried, and I couldn't focus when I tried. I existed in an ugly state of "comedown" perpetually--anxious, unfocused, sleep deprived, irritable (relative to me, I'm very easy-going). I got behind on work, and was put on probation after the semester's end.

I was asked to leave the semester after that, but that's another story--though I played some League during that semester, my addiction to it was mostly broken--supplanted, I think, by my "addiction" to a girl who came into my life. And, while that had problems of its own, in terms of potential for distraction, I can confidently say that it's a much more psychologically healthy addiction to have. In any case, after contracting mono this next semester I was asked to leave, which was of course very difficult for me.

Since then I've replaced my focalin script with Vyvanse. While no medication is without its faults, the Vyvanse has been a lifesaver for me in terms of it's long-lasting, powerful, and clean stimulation. I no longer suffer the abrupt ups and downs of Focalin, or the horrendous comedowns, or the painfully intense appetite suppression, or the "cracked out" antisocial alien feeling. I can focus in class every day, and even when my procrastination catches up with me, a vyvanse-fueled allnighter leaves me in a far more functional, "normal" state the next day than Focalin could ever provide--which actually scares me, to a point. While I have seen the "dark side" of focalin because it's readily apparent, I think the dark side of vyvanse is how incredibly innocuous it feels. This is why I don't abuse stimulants for the high.

Anyways, sorry about the rant. But for reference, I've got experience with alcohol, cigarettes, weed, RC psychedelics, mushrooms, kratom, various opiates, phenibut, yohimbine, etizolam, and an assortment of other nootropics, RCs, etc. Nothing has ever made me want more like League--with the possible exception of psychedelics, though they're self-limited by tolerance. I don't know what that says about me. I've always been an avid reader of fantasy and sci fi literature, maybe I just like to escape.

Alcohol is a fucking bitch, available everywhere, cheap and for me always the last remaining thing when I was broke.

Mentally- weed because it's my primary method for sleep and I combine it with my other drugs of recreation for "enhancement".

Physically- temazepam.

Meth.. simply put! After 2 years of being sober I still think about it every now and again.. because I loved doing everything while I was on it! Cleaning, writing music, weight lifting, singing, fucking.. life being sober is all right I guess. I am happy with my wife.. but there's still a part of me that wishes I was single and back on it.. because I did have a lot of good times with the drug =/ fucking sucks thinking this way but it's true! I miss that bitch Crystal!

Heroin/oxycodone for sure those two dam near killed me I chased then both for nearly a decade and I'm only 23

I think it's nicotine. I was addicted to dissociatives and they still quickly make me dependent once I start using them, I've been addicted to opioids for around 10 years now, I was addicted to benzodiazepines for over 9 years, I had binges with amphetamine and mephedrone-like serotonergic stimulants (but I never got addicted to a similar level as I've been dependent on opioids), and I've been addicted to nicotine on and off since I was 14 as well. Currently I'm addicted to tobacco snuff and I think it's much more powerful than the strongest cigarettes. I love how many scents snuff may have, I love how it hits me in the morning after I wake up, and it doesn't really interfere with my daily activities, so it's the hardest to quit. It's much more difficult to realize how much harm tobacco does to you than to realize in case of addictive drugs like opioids or stimulants. With time I began noticing that opioids and benzodiazepines made me a terribly depressed person with no will to live. These drugs highlighted the worst traits of my character, I couldn't be humble, because I was sure everyone was against me, so I was against everyone. Opioids are a very strong and deluding addiction, but yet I think they're easier to quit than nicotine once you really want to.

Spice is fucking horrible. I witnessed a good friend throw her life away because of it. She'd smoke 5, 3.5 gram bags a DAY. Selling her little sisters shit for money, stealing money for her family, smoking this shit all while pregnant. Everytime she'd smoke it she'd have a mini-seizure where her hands would shake and she looked like she was not even in this world.

But, my addiction is for sure Oxy. It's a beautiful beast. I manage my addiction well though, I fuck around with my RX of 160 Roxies and then when I run out I buy a few tabs here and there to curb the opiate withdrawl. Thank God I've basically got the miracle cure for any withdrawl. Going through it every month waiting to get my meds gets real old. I somehow am still in college with a 3.6 GPA. No idea how I'm doing it with all this shit I'm taking, but I guess there are some functional addicts in this world, huh :p