• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

im telling you guys the eagles secondary is going to be one of the best this year. They finished last in Passing Yards/pg allowed last year but 17th in points allowed.

but you have to consider that the Eagles offense was usually scoring or off the field quickly so they were constantly being put out in situations where the team already had a comfortable lead. When teams are in that situation they give up the easy short routes because its more about killing time than making that one huge mistake.

Idk if Jalen Watkins or Ed Reynolds are NFL players, but you have to figure at least one could be decent. Id probably choose Watkins, but only because he seems to have played better competition imo, and while Florida's defense was pretty bad last year, I think he would be very low on the list of reasons for that happening. he kind of reminds me of Brandon Boykin but maybe a teeny tiny bit slower. and while that's not really a big deal on special teams, it can be huge against the elite NFL receivers

I keep seeing Patriots fans claim they're going to have the best secondary in the league this year. Pretty hilarious considering they may have gotten Revis but they lost Talib and they were ranked as one of the worst pass defenses in the league last year.

Im not sure how you can say a pick 6 isnt the most momentum changing play in sports. probably my favorite thing to watch in football, some guy just running for his life that doesnt really have any established route since its all just gravy yards anyway. Ed Reed was definitely the best at it, I still remember watching this play and wondering how he didnt get tackled. Kevin Kolb's career in a play IMO

just realized the Eagles play the Ravens all the damn time whats that about?

geography/10 I guess

it would make more sense for the Cowboys and Falcons to switch divisions tbh but too big of a rivalry in the NFC East, they wont break it up

or the Panthers, thatd be pretty sick if they came to the nfc east

Last edited:
The NFL is suposed to be extending the playoffs, adding more teams to the playoffs

They should. Playoff football is the best and earning that number one seed would really mean something. The only downside may be dilution of the caliber of teams. Last year would have been the Cards who deserved it and the Steelers who did not. Think most of the time 8-8 would be the seventh seeds record.

The NFL is suposed to be extending the playoffs, adding more teams to the playoffs

Thank god they put that off for at least 1 season. My team hasn't made the playoffs in 14 years. Their chances are the highest they've been in that entire time this coming season imo. I want them to make it before they extend them.

I fail too see how adding more teams to the playoffs would result in making the #1 seed "really mean something"

If anything it would the exact opposite

Does the #1 seed mean anything hockey? Hell no

Basketball? Nope

In football you actually get a bye if you're the #1 seed which definitely makes the regular season mean something. I don't even watch that much football, but adding more teams to the playoffs seems like a terrible idea.

You'd see a lot more teams resting starters towards the end of the regular season. Do you really want to watch 2nd string players?

There would only be one #1 seed who gets a bye, not the first and second seed like now. Teams would play for that.

They rest starters now, but if it came down to getting an extra week off, they would be more inclined to play for it.

Last edited:
Aaah you are right. I totally forgot that the #2 seed gets a bye the way the system works right now

capture_20140508_193631.jpg

I want it duly noted that I'm calling for the Buffalo Bills to win the AFC East this year, something even a rabid fan like myself never did in prior years. I've already put my money where my mouth is with a Vegas betting site at 12-to-1 odds.

SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS FGTS

You could have sent me that $200 and I would have traveled to wherever your mother is and slapped her across the face.

Although on second thought it's not out of the realm of possibilities for them to win the division. Will be tough though if gronk and wilfork stay healthy all year.

As for my broncos, I see they've added some key defensive players, and I'm hoping Von Miller will be healthy and have as much impact as he had before getting hurt.

Also: San Diego sucks more dick than their 4 ft nothin, delusional, wannabe hawaiin, fan.

There's really no reason for them not to win the division other than inexperience. They definitely have the most talented roster in the AFC East.

If their defensive front 7 isn't the best in the league, it's certainly in the top 3. If their RB corps isn't the overall best in the league, it's also in the top 3. Receiving Corps also might now be the deepest in the conference. OL, secondary, and special teams aren't looking too shabby either. If EJ Manuel plays even average ball consistently this season the Bills will be in the playoffs fo sho.

Last edited:
12-1 is pretty good odds, gm. most places i checked have them at 6-1 to 7.5-1.

good luck.

alasdair

There's really no reason for them not to win the division other than inexperience. They definitely have the most talented roster in the AFC East.

If their defensive front 7 isn't the best in the league, it's certainly in the top 3. If their RB corps isn't the overall best in the league, it's also in the top 3. Receiving Corps also might now be the deepest in the conference. OL, secondary, and special teams aren't looking too shabby either. If EJ Manuel plays even average ball consistently this season the Bills will be in the playoffs fo sho.

crossing_the_line.0.jpg