• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

Can anyone tell me about DPTs stability in the freebase form?
I will have the chance to try DPT soon and, from what I have been reading on bl, looks like freebasing and smoking is the best overall ROA.
So I am thinking about freebasing and then infusing it in some herbs, making it easier to handle/weight/vaporize.
Has anyone already tried that?
Would acetone be good to dissolve the oily base in order to infuse it in the herbs?

I've not tried infusing it in herbs, I'm really curious about this idea. I've plopped freebase onto straight onto herbs and ash, that seemed to work pretty well.

So, I've got 260mg of DPT HCL. My intended ROA is smoking, as oral seems to be less effective and I would prefer not to insufflate (plus I've recently had to quit weed so I don't mind a nice excuse to smoke some, I would have to sandwich the DPT since I don't have a vaporizer).
What I'm wondering, is do I really need to bother converting the HCL to freebase? For now I'm just sort of testing the waters, one of these nights I'd like to just try a few small bowls (25mg sandwiched between weed, if someone can recommend that, 1 or 2 times depending on how the first hits me).

Also, I am not only bad with chemistry, but I'm awful in the kitchen (I don't trust myself to fry eggs without fucking it up, perfectly competent with other things just not cooking). If I were to convert it, I've heard the easiest way is to use the method used to create crack cocaine, but I'm unclear of how that's done exactly, so I've got a few questions:
a) What materials would be required?
b) How do I determine how much baking soda : DPT I would need? (I believe they call this equimolar ratio, correct?)
c) Is it best to only convert the amount I intend to take immediately, or should I convert it all and store the remainder for later, and if so, what is a good method of storage?

I hope this doesn't come off as ignorant, I actually have searched several threads on BL and checked around a few other forums as well as looked into the crack/cocaine method in general. Thing is every single time I seem to have found a concise and clear description, there are things which throw me off, eg: using NaOH as opposed to baking soda, skipping over measurements and just giving a quick rundown assuming the reader has a chem background, etc.

I recently vaped DPT HCL. It took about 15minutes of smoking because it's best to put small amounts into the pipe and vaporise slowly.

About 50mg was a potent life-changing trip that lasted for about 4 to 6 hours, although the N2O I had surely contributed to potentiate the trip.

But I was also wandering about whether freebasing would be better. Someone please answer to Stranglerfish. Welcome to bluelight by the way :)

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here (it's about time I made an account). After reading here that HCL does in fact work, and hearing from you, I'm probably going to try it for starters. I'd still like a response to my questions a, b, & c, however aminophilous, would you agree that if vaping worked for you, and people who don't have a vaporizer for DMT find the sandwiching method to be successful, that the sandwiching method should also be sufficient for DPT?

Hi stranglerfish. You can smoke/vape the HCl indeed, but I highly recommend freebasing it, it's so easy and is just better. Sandwiching works well with either. Use flame gently, vape don't burn.

Here's how I make freebase from hcl (pasted from the smoking DPT thread):

The freebase method I used was as follows, not sure i this is optimal but it's what I did: In a spoon, dissolve 4 parts (by weight) DPT in a tiny amount of water, about 1 drop per 4mg DPT, using some gentle heat from a lighter to dissolve it. Once it's fully dissolved, add 1 part (by weight) of baking soda, and stir it in. You can see it react, and when it's done you're left with the waxy, moist freebase. I used a pin to drag the freebase out of any leftover water. Usually left it out to dry for a bit. Once I left it to dry for about 48 hours, and it looked a bit browned like it had oxidized a bit, but potency didn't seem diminished.

Good luck.

Yes, it's easy. Let me make it even easier:

Ingredients:
40mg DPT HCl
10 drops of water
10mg Baking soda (*not* Baking powder)

Tools:
A spoon
A lighter
A thumbtack

Procedure:
1. Put DPT and water in spoon.
2. Hold lighter briefly under spoon to gently heat water.
3. Stir with the thumb tack, trying to dissolve the DPT in. It won't all dissolve on the first go.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 until all DPT is dissolved in water. Your goal is to not overheat the solution, but also to make sure every last bit of DPT is dissolved.
5. Once all DPT is dissolved, add Baking soda, stir it in well. You will see the solution bubble or foam a bit as it reacts.
6. Once it has finished reacting, you'll be left with a waxy sludge. This is your freebase.
7. If there is any remaining water, use the pin to pull the waxy bits out of the water.
8. You can leave it to dry out for a while by placing it in a warm place, or just vaporize the damp freebase right away.

Congrats! Now you can get high on DPT freebase!

Wow thank you so much! I didn't notice the second page of replies and thought nobody was responding last night, I did end up attempting to sandwich at first 10mg, then 15mg, and then another 5 because the 15mg did have an incredibly minor effect. Tonight I was going to attempt insufflation before determining if it would be necessary to go out and buy a beaker and all.
I only have a few remaining questions that should be easy to wrap up in this case:
1) If all I felt last night was so mild that it could have been labelled as placebo (on the 15mg hit, after I got impatient I allowed the weed on top to burn, and ended up exhaling some harsh smoke through my nose, that was when I noticed shifting of sentences on my screen), would it be too soon to try vaping freebase tonight?
2) When you say add water, does it have to be distilled or is regular filtered tap water okay?
3) When vaporizing using the sandwich method, should the flame be lighting the weed at all, or is the weed just there in case you draw too strong to keep the flame from hitting the DPT itself? After a while, holding it above the weed with it only sliiiiightly crisping the top, I grew impatient and started to just roast it. I feel I didn't have a proper understanding of how the vaporization works, do I want the lit weed to be heating the DPT or do I want the weed to not light at all and only act as a sort of screen?

1) Yes, you'd be fine to try vaping freebase tonight.
2) Regular ol' tap water is fine.
3) Let the flame just lick the weed a tiny bit, a little tiny lick at a time. The idea of vaporizing is that you bring the chemical up to the point that it boils and vaporizes, but without burning it. So it needs to get hot, but not really really hot. So give it a touch of flame for a moment here and there, but don't roast it. That has worked for me anyways.

You can tell you are vaporizing the DPT because you will taste it. There is a different taste between when it is burning and when it is vaporizing but it's a bit hard to describe. The burning taste is a bit like burning plastic, although vaped DPT seems a bit plasticy too.

Hold the vapour in for a really long time, and use normal weed smoking techniques like inhaling air after your toke, to bring the smoke that's in your mouth and throat into your lungs, and hold it there.

You don't need to light the weed up (or whatever smoking herb you use), it's just there to hold the DPT in place, yeah like a screen.

Actually I'd recommend not using weed because if it's one of your first times smoking DPT you want to be able to distinguish the effects from the weed effects so you know what you're working with. Try using old ashes, or some inert smoking herb like mint or even tobacco. It does combine well if you're into that, but for the first few times I think it's a good idea to solo the new compound.

When I vape DPT I start feeling it within seconds. Not like getting hit over the head, but it creeps up pretty quickly, and dissipates quickly too.

Well, I'm about to try vaping it! :) I think I may have heated the water a bit too long (I was using filtered water from the fridge cause our tap water is so damn cloudy I was kinda paranoid about some kind of contaminant, so I think I tried to compensate for the cold water a bit much, it dissolved before I could really stir it in, so likely won't be nearly as potent as should be). However, I do now have a waxy white sludge and I'm just waiting for it to sort of settle a bit more before I try and get the sludge into my pipe and have a go. I suppose while the process is simple it will still take me a bit of practice getting it all down (especially since the stuff is so damn sticky, I find it difficult to get all the powder off the measuring tray / into the center of the spoon, etc), I just hope I get a good enough feel for the experience tonight so I can decide whether or not it's worth ordering more! Wish me luck ;)

Well, I'm about to try vaping it! :) I think I may have heated the water a bit too long (I was using filtered water from the fridge cause our tap water is so damn cloudy I was kinda paranoid about some kind of contaminant, so I think I tried to compensate for the cold water a bit much, it dissolved before I could really stir it in, so likely won't be nearly as potent as should be). However, I do now have a waxy white sludge and I'm just waiting for it to sort of settle a bit more before I try and get the sludge into my pipe and have a go. I suppose while the process is simple it will still take me a bit of practice getting it all down (especially since the stuff is so damn sticky, I find it difficult to get all the powder off the measuring tray / into the center of the spoon, etc), I just hope I get a good enough feel for the experience tonight so I can decide whether or not it's worth ordering more! Wish me luck ;)

Well, it'll definitely take practice getting it just right but I definitely felt more that time. OEV still incredibly mild compared to say 2 tabs of 25i-NBOH, however things did take on a general bizarre appearance and there was waviness, as well as a bit of peripheral glowing across my ceiling, much like what I imagine someone meant in a report I read when they spoke of a "underwater effect".
Aside from that, while the experience was I suppose mild, CEV did produce a very useful realization as I'd been sort of sub-consciously trying to chicken myself out of a relationship I've been starting, I suppose just general fear of commitment as nothing has gone wrong nor has he given me any reason for a change of heart...in any case during the CEV, my mind drifted towards him, and I was seeing images of him as a sort of enemy-figure, armies of red robots marching with his face on their blocked heads, in a fiery setting, all chasing after me, that's the main shape I remember him taking...but at one point I sort of came to the realization that he was harmless and it was really me just thinking of him as something I should be fleeing from. When I realized this, I told myself to instead focus on the love, and as soon as the word "love" began to ring in my head, I saw good copies of him all beckoning to me, pointing forwards and up and as I followed their gestures the area behind them slowly began to split open, revealing sort of 2 dimensional image of what resembled diamond shaped auras (kind of like South Park's version of Moses to be honest), constantly radiating outwards. With that I firmly set my intentions of remaining in this relationship and pouring all my love into it.

I can't wait to see what a full-blown trip produces haha, I guess I had set my intentions beforehand but even then it's not like I was completely lost in the CEVs, still a mild trip but I got much more out of it than I could have with the phenylethylamines I have tried.
So yeah, not sure if anyone cared for the trip report but there it is, I'll definitely be trying this stuff more (and next time I'll know to just barely heat the spoon hehe)
Cheers!

^haha sounds like you tripped for sure! DPT isn't the sort of compound that is pure eye candy OEVs like the NBOMes/NBOH (not that I've tried them to find out, but this is what I gather), it is more of an introspective/insight kind of trip like what you described.

^haha sounds like you tripped for sure! DPT isn't the sort of compound that is pure eye candy OEVs like the NBOMes/NBOH (not that I've tried them to find out, but this is what I gather), it is more of an introspective/insight kind of trip like what you described.

Seems like I've found the right compound in that case! While I am still going to continue searching for something with great OEV that's more recreational (likely need to just get a connect for legitimate LSD, have only done it once but it blows NBOMe's out of the water), this is definitely what I need for my current purposes. Thanks so much for taking the time to really spell things out for me, I really appreciate your help :)

Caveat. Mentioned it before but although converting it to freebase is "easy" I followed the instructions and it didn't work and I lost most of the DPT; what I did get wasn't a wax and was hard to use and did next to nothing; smoking the HCL was easy and it worked brilliantly so I never bothered to risk it again; clearly not a problem if you have access to DPT and can just buy a load more but that wasn't the case for me and I lost some of what little I had which was pretty disheartening.

Well, I fucked up.
Last night I finally got around to taking a proper dose after months of a couple pussyfooting +/- trips and letting it sit in a drawer. Thing is I only went up from 100 to 120mg with a little MXE too and well I went to hell.
I had a complete screaming shit flip. Lots of screaming and begging for death that wouldn't come as I burned a thousand times in the fires of hell. Wife called the emt;s as I was not really able to do anything but scream. The ambulance came and they had to carry me into the ambluance and I spent last night at the hospital.
I couldn't pee and I thought they were castrating me and I was ok with that but couldn't understand why they were performing traumatic surgery on me while I was awake. I met god, I became a black hole, I was the contageon and bad seed that god sent to end it all. I learned why people pray. I had a ++++ bad trip/religious experience.

I've never had a drug experiance end with me in the hospital in 20 years of high dose psychs and dissos. I'm sane now but feeling pretty shameful and depressed.
Home now, wife took and disposed of my stash and scales and everything else, and made me promise never again. I'm not sure about never again, but I'm sure about not for quite a while and I'm ok with her tossing it all.
Just thought I would share. Maybe I'll write a proper trip report in the proper location later.

Holycrap that sounds awful I'm sorry you had such a hellish trip. How did you administer the DPT? How much MXE did you take? have you combo'd them before?

Nasal, ~50mgs MXE (next to nothing with my tolerance, just to ease the jitters), and yeah. I've done a hundred mgs of each before and it was just a fairly normal m hole, so I tried what I did last night not expecting much more than a ++ and well...

So you think the root cause of this was simply that the dose of 120mg was too high for you? Or were there other complex factors that played in?

I've only pushed it up to 60mg. 20mg the other night felt fairly strong to me, with crawling OEVs, trippy headspace and I was compelled to become motionless for a good hour. I don't understand when people talk about this stuff being bunk. Maybe people are stiffing it too hard and getting it in their throats instead of sinuses.

From what I've read it's just one of those drugs that;s very different for different people all requiring different doses. Up till now I really havn't gotten much more than the shakes and some mildly new thought patterns, very mild.

I think there might of been other factors. I think my tolerance to psychs which was beastly has lowered as I have not dosed in at least a month, and it's been much longer since I dosed high on anything other than dissos, so when I worked up to 100mgs and it wasn't doing much, well It might now.I havn't heard of such a steep dosage curve, but maybe it's like 2ce where there is just that tiny window of a couple mg between a hard trip and OMG . .hello God and the devil.

As to why it was such a bad trip I'm not sure. I'm in a pretty good place in my life really and even in the past when I wasn't and everything that I was was slipping away, I was able to hold it together and do what needed to be done as to not scare the people I love.

If I could of been quiet I could of avoided the hospital but I just couldn't it was just the worst torture that I couldn't even really imagine before, god gets pretty fucked up when he's mad at you. He came several times as a large round reflective black hole of such intense gravity that I just got crushed on his surface later on when I was coming down he became kinder when I prayed,. Very different presentation than any trip I've had.