European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Getting off Phenibut

MONSTA!!

Bluelighter
Seem to have got myself in a bit of a sticky situation with this stuff, currently dosing 4g once a day. To be fair the withdrawals are relatively mild but definitely uncomfortable.

Any tips, trick, advice for getting off as painlessly as possible?

S

Taper slowly is all I have to offer really. I got horrendous w/d from phenibut - easily some of the worst I've ever had from anything - and actually ended up using GBL to taper with. I must say that worked a treat and was completely painless but I've never had problems tapering GBL anyway which probably helped a lot. I certainly wouldn't recommend stopping dead cos it's pretty brutal on the GABA-bashing is phenibut. Took a few days for that side to really kick in but it was just plain nasty - jittery, anxious, feeling like I was about to faint all the time. I really couldn't deal with it myself so went with the devil I know.

I'll keep this thread separate for you if you like but you may get more responses in the main phenibut thread as many people have had issues when it comes to stopping the stuff. Sneaky fukker is phenibut. Give me a shout if you'd like it merged and good luck with getting off the stuff <3

I'm currently taking up to 20g's..

I've been addicted to 2g's every day for a year a few times and managed to sort myself out (usually going cold turkey and spending many a sleepless nights hating everything and scared to leave the house) but this time.. I.. don't know what to do.. I've been taking massive amount for well over a year (think it's coming up to 2)..

I try to taper but i only have to know i'll be put in a social situation or i have a bad day before I'm back to full dose + sometimes more..

Seriously.. do yourself a favour and stop now.. As shambles said.. Taper.. and stick to it.

I've also heard Baclofen is a god send? Anyone have any experiences with that?

I've had experience with Baclofen as something scripted for back pain (and possibly insomnia - was many years back now) and can't imagine how it would do much of anything. Maybe if you take an absolute shitload. I've seen lots of people suggesting Baclofen but none of them seem to have actually ever used it so wonder if it's a bit of a myth or at least an exaggeration. It's a pretty weak drug and can't say I noticed it doing much of anything. Do believe I was next scripted diazepam for the same reason (essentially muscle relaxation for the back and with added bonus of helping sleep... or the other way around depending on which doc was prescribing it) and found that far more effective. Not suggesting to switch to benzos so much as to point out that even low-dose diaz did more than high(ish) dose Baclofen. YMMV as ever.

Aye i managed to get a hold of a shit ton of diazepam and did stop taking phenibut for those two weeks..

Needless to say I don't remember them and almost lost my girlfriend in the process :/

But I'm stupid.. If your clever I can see diazepam working.. It will definitely fight the insomnia and anxiety.. but it will probably make the depression worse.. leading to potentially very dangerous situations depending on you psychology.. especially when taking into account the *I don't give a fuck* factor..

Thanks, I'm about to take my last dose today, just ordering a fuckton ofg benzos as we speak. It's getting bad, it seems no matter how much I take I don't feel better only less bad, anyone get that?

I hoped benzos and alcohol will help, I know they bind to GABA -A rather than -B so I should good?

Have told the family what's happened and to expect me to be a bit shitty for the next few days, how long do you think it will last?

It's crazy had been taking this stuff for ages, 50g at a time, then break for a couple of weeks and have been fine. Only the last time I did it I started to feel shitty so ordered mo0re. I'm at 150g without a break now. Gutted, this stuff was a life saver, motivated, well rested, now I feel like shit even when I'm on a large dose.

.... also does anyone have a suggestion on which rc benzos to use? I was thinking pyrazolam for during the day and maybe flubro or diclzepam for at night.

If it's like GBL/GHB w/d (which I believe it is - the GABA site that isn't booze 'n' blooze) then alcohol and benzos do help some but they don't actually remove w/d in the same way they would for each other. I suspect that's why GBL worked for me cos I could simple switch then taper with something I know what I'm doing with. That's not a recommendation as such cos I know I'm one of the relatively few who don't seem to get serious w/d issues from GBL/GHB use for some reason. Booze 'n' blooze will help but I suspect more in terms of just being fukked enough to not care as much about w/d. It's the same with GBL/GHB w/d - alcohol and benzos distract from but don't prevent or block actual w/d symptoms. Better than nothing though I suspect cos I don't think CT would be wise and I suspect there is some level of action at both GABA sites albeit not as concentrated. I would still suggest tapering phenibut as low as possible before jumping off completely and then maybe using benzos for a while to help with all the rebound symptoms (which are just plain nasty in my experience). There does seem a wide variation in how people respond and react to phenibut addiction and w/d but they are not nice w/d at all and anything to help with the anxiety in particular should help cos it was the constant panic attacks which freaked me out cos I'm not prone to those usually but it was like a 24/7 panic attack when I tried stopping phenibut with no symptomatic help.

Good luck, Monsta <3

PS: Of the benzos you mention I'm only familiar with diclaz and it's strong stuff - heavy on the blackouts - so be careful if using for w/d symptoms cos I can imagine it being quite easy to push it to far and end up blacked out. Probably better than w/d symptoms but blackouts are not always as benign as mine appeared to be (I tended to find myself "coming round" in the middle of playing video games I had no memory of starting or of watching something I had no memory of watching but didn't seem to go a-wandering or doing anything overly worrisome - more luck than judgement for sure).

Cheers for the advice, I've done a GBL withdrawal a few times and managed to get through it, I've also done a benzo withdrawal and managed once again (that was plain nasty ended up in hospital after having a fit). Do you think I will be able to sleep with the assistance of benzos?

With regard to tapering I'm just gonna jump, I don't have the self control to manage feeling a little bit shitty for days on end, might as well just jump in the deep end. I was thinking about 4/5 days and I should be feeling better, what do you reckon?

I only started feeling really bad at the fourth day. Never made it to the fifth until I switched to GBL. Seems to take a few days for the w/d to really build up and I have no intention of finding out how long they go on for cos they are not the type of w/d I could live with. That was from ~1g/day of phenibut (tapered down from ~4g/day at my height of use). If you're taking 4x that amount I'd be very wary indeed of trying to stop that dead. I can't even begin to imagine how hellish that would be. Booze 'n' blooze barely touched the sides stopping 1g/day CT so I really can't see anything helping if you're using significantly more than that. Phenibut w/d are nasty beyond belief. Be very careful if you do try just quitting cos if benzo w/d hospitalised you I'd be expecting something similar to be honest. Taper. It really isn't that hard - just taper very slowly. It's actually not too bad initially but then it sounds like you're in deeper than I was. I would strongly advise not to just stop taking it if you're using multiple grammes daily but if you do be around people in case seizures hit. I can't even begin to tell you just how severe and intense phenibut w/d are - and that was at a quarter of the dose you're on.

EDIT: Actually it wasn't even 1g/day cos I tapered below that. The measuring spoon they send is an odd size but was down to a scant one of those a day - I think it's was just over half a gramme (563mg or something like that - weird measurements they use). I couldn't get past 4 days even at that level.

Sorry it's not better news but no point pretending it's anything other than hellish stuff to come off of. Really does need to be approached with extreme caution cos they are not w/d to play at - make a proper tapering plan and stick to it would be my advice. I wouldn't - couldn't - even imagine trying to jump off at 4g. Tapering is not too hard - it's that last bit that I just couldn't get below and had to switch to GBL for the final push. Dropping from somewhere around 4g at the height down to around 1g was actually pretty easy. It was only below 1g it started to bite and I just couldn't find any easy way down. Of course it is possible to taper further but I just couldn't deal with the panic attacks so had to replace it with something.

Take it careful and steady and good luck <3

Decided to risk it anyway and flushed all my phenibut last night, took 6g yesterday so I still feel fine this morning (and rather sick yesterday afternoon). Got a load of benzos arriving in the office mail in an hour or so, so we will see how it goes. The earliest I could get my hands on more phenibut now would be Tuesday which will be 5 days since I last took any and therefore pointless, time to strap in for the ride :)

Ok well 30 hrs and I still feel fine, that flubro is strong stuff, very sedating, got pyrazolam, etizolam, alcohol and herion so hopefully that should help tame the beast, will keep ya'll updated.

Ok well 30 hrs and I still feel fine, that flubro is strong stuff, very sedating, got pyrazolam, etizolam, alcohol and herion so hopefully that should help tame the beast, will keep ya'll updated.
Or you could end up a benzoed, alcoholic-junkie instead ;)

Good luck MONSTA, hope it aint to bad :)

Hehe. I suspect I would have found coping a mite easier with that lot to keep me going. I found it was around day three the w/d became noticeable. Might be worth holding off on higher doses of whatever you're using so if it's the same for you you've got more in the kitty and less acute tolerance to get in the way.

Best of luck and keep us updated <3

Coming up to 48hrs, I feel great, had the best sleep I've had in ages off the flubromazepam, this stuff is deff worth the extra money, the heroin really takes the edge off too. I can feel the panicky buzzing feeling in my chest, I just don't give a fuck. Got a 4k run in last night, which I haven't managed for a week. I know the worst is still to come but I'm just happy not to have this shit i my system anymore, it was making me feel worse each time I took it.

I'm sure my confidence is probably misplaced and there is a spanking in my future but as things are this is turning out to be relatively easy.

Can tell the benzos are still kicking in strong, I've had to spellcheck the post several times :)

Good to hear :)

How much of a replacement regime are you needing or are you not really needing replacement of anything much? Are you needing more of the kinda things you would be using anyway or has nothing really changed other than cutting out the phenibut? When I was trying to quit I wasn't really using anything else much regularly - certainly not daily - so it was a helluva drop for me.

Taper slowly is all I have to offer really. I got horrendous w/d from phenibut - easily some of the worst I've ever had from anything - and actually ended up using GBL to taper with. I must say that worked a treat and was completely painless but I've never had problems tapering GBL anyway which probably helped a lot. I certainly wouldn't recommend stopping dead cos it's pretty brutal on the GABA-bashing is phenibut. Took a few days for that side to really kick in but it was just plain nasty - jittery, anxious, feeling like I was about to faint all the time. I really couldn't deal with it myself so went with the devil I know.

I'll keep this thread separate for you if you like but you may get more responses in the main phenibut thread as many people have had issues when it comes to stopping the stuff. Sneaky fukker is phenibut. Give me a shout if you'd like it merged and good luck with getting off the stuff <3

This. Sort of.

I mean it was a very pleasurable experience at first. But there is tolerance

Last edited: