• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-CMC "Clephedrone"

sweatloaf13

Bluelighter
I have a sample of 2-Methylamino-1-p-chlorophenylpropan-1-one(4-CMC) coming that a vendor just got a batch in of a few days ago that he hasn't put on the market yet. He was surprisingly frank in admitting he had zero information about and sent to me if I wanted to sample or find out about.

It seems like it hasn't been explored much,if at all and I certainly don't plan on taking the initial plunge with zero RELIABLE information.

Is there anyone who knows anything about this beyond speculation and liberal usage of big words to sound knowledgeable but without a clue? I have no problem starting from single digit doses and taking it slow to find a sweet spot but I'm not an idiot on a suicide mission either.

Thanks for your help!

4-bromomethcathinone has been around for a while, but it didn't exactly get rave reviews. Do you really want to be the guinea pig on this one? It might not be good for you at all.

no no thats why i was asking. i dont mind trying something new but i want something solid or at least as close to as i can before i dabble. thanks!!

4-chloromethcathinone (4-CMC) and 4-bromomethcathinone both could be potent neurotoxins since 4-Chloroamphetamine and 4-Bromoamphetamine are, they might not be, but I don't think the experiences are good enough to warrant risking finding out.

I've tried 4-BMC (aka 4-Bromomethcathinone or Brephedrone) and it's just a pure serotonin releaser with no dopaminergic or adrenergic action going on. There's no euphoria just a relaxing feeling, and its only real use is in potentiating other stimulants and making them more empathogenic. 4-CMC should be similar in effects to 4-BMC and only good as a potentiator.

If you're looking at something similar to 4-MMC look at 4-Fluoromethcathinone or 3-Methylmethcathinone, both are much closer to 4-MMC in effects than 4-CMC or 4-BMC, and you can ease your mind and not have to worry that you may be ingesting something very neurotoxic.

Also since neither of these are psychedelics I'll move this over to Other Drugs where this belongs.

PD -> OD

I liked 4-FMC (flephedrone), was just thinking about it the other day. Of course the safety of that is not proven either, but definitely less one to look out for or avoid compared to these bromo and chloro ones. Haven't seen 4-FMC available for a pretty long time and it is probably just as well for me.

JG is totally right, it doesn't / shouldn't matter that it is speculation at this point, 4-BMC and 4-CMC resemble the neurotoxic halo-amphetamines closely enough to assume that they carry the same risk, for your own protection. There are plenty of other compounds and there is no point in killing your brain's serotonergic system over these ones.
The odd thing is that 4-MMC is afaik not known to be as neurotoxic as 4-MA, but still - that is hardly any proof of anything at all.

One important thing I wanted to add is this: the fact that people may not report horrible side-effects occuring right away does not prove that they are fine. Apparently there can still be chronic depletion and I guess the ability to generate new 5-HT being meddled with.
So if you don't want instant chronic depression, look elsewhere.

I've tried 4-MEC and it was interesting but not something I'd repeat.

This was sent to me as something new the vendor hadnt put on the market and still hasnt. It wasnt sent with expectations from me but more to see if I was interested in. I wasnt seeking out a drone replacement because there isnt one IMO. I enjoyed 4-MMC but it wasnt worth the hype IMO. It still def packed up a punch in the IV experiments I had. I prefer MDPV,MxE and other odds and ends.

So I threw caution to the wind and started at around 10mg and moved it to 20mg for my next try eventually going to 40mg. These were all plugged. I know this is risky behavior but that's my choice to make.
Anyway I insufflated 50mg today and am completely surprised by the effects. They are comparable to maybe 75-90mg of MDMA. Very rushy, eye wiggling, teeth grinding and strong empathogenic feelings.
I'd go so far as to say it's better than 3MMC 4MEC 5-APB 4-BMC etc. I don't want anyone to think I'm encouraging anyone to use this. I'm just relating my experience.
I will take this one more time at 75-100mg and then put on the shelf until more info comes out. Yes it was reckless but curiosity killed the cat. If it is neurotoxic it'll be a shame.

I've actually come to a conclusion that brephedrone and clephedrone could actually be quite interesting if they're more serotonergic than mephedrone. These could be much less compulsive. The reports for brephedrone mostly say that it's a chilled-out drug. And thus I really hope that cathinones aren't neurotoxic as amphetamines. 4-methylamphetamine and 4-methylmethamphetamine seem to be much harsher than mephedrone which is not known to be neurotoxic at the moment. Perhaps the same may be true for 4-halomethcathinones.

If you're looking at something similar to 4-MMC look at 4-Fluoromethcathinone or 3-Methylmethcathinone, both are much closer to 4-MMC in effects than 4-CMC or 4-BMC, and you can ease your mind and not have to worry that you may be ingesting something very neurotoxic.PD -> OD

I would bet that 3-MMC is very very bad as a 5-HT(2B) agonist, this is really similar to fenfluramine, so bad for your heart, bad for your eyes (along with 3-FMC, 3-MOMC and other stuff that is lingering). Along with 3-methylnorephedrine metabolites that's quite a ride for your heart. I used quite a lot of 3-MMC in the past months and I'm beginning to regret that a lot, after opioids and benzodiazepines it ruined me the most, even more than amphetamines. It changes your reactions drastically, you lose your boundaries and you start doing things that you'd never think you'd ever do.

Last edited:
For those who can read in swedish this is a very good thread.

https://www.flashback.org/t2375125

In short terms there are a few members in that thread who claims that 4-CMC is quite as good as 3-MMC and has euphoria that reminds of MDMA. There are also pictures of how 4-CMC is metabolized by a member that is educated in chemistry. If the pictures shows right I don't know because my loss of knowledge in these areas, so i doesn't take any responsibility if something is wrong.

You can always use Google translate to make the thread turn to english.

I hope that it can be useful for some!

so is 4-CMC in theory , only acting on serotonin....? in which case the sample would be useless to me as i am on an SSRI?

4-CMC should work on all 3 monoamines, serotonin norepinephrine and dopamine. Don't take this in combination with a SSRI.

I recieved a 500mg free sample which was 575mg actually. I took 2 little crystals from a bag and my cheap mg scale told 12mg to these two. Ground it up and snorted 3mg to each nostril. This was painful, but not that bad compared to 2c's. Pain lightened in a few minutes and I waited 10 mins and snorted rest of my 12mg. Then pain worsened to a level that I went to bathroom and snorted tap water to wash this stuff out. I also experienced a minor headache after washing my nose. My throat was red and it was in unconfortable pain. Thankfully I had Ice pops in freezer to calm my throat down. I finished my ice pop and it helped a lot. 30 mins later I feel fine alertness but this pain is not worth it in my opinion. And I have never used any drug level stimulants. Maybe there is better ROA instead of snorting ?
1 Hour later I had uncomfortable heavy feeling in my upper stomach, feeling I get when im anxious, but I didn't felt that bad mentally.
+1 hour I had great sense of apathy when watching dramatic or romantic scenes on tv. I usually feel uncomfortable to watch such stuff with my parents but I didn't care about those feelings. +1hr probably this stuff is gone from my system.
This may not be the good chem but big thumbs up for a vendor who gave free samples !

Last edited:
Sorry but I just had to write it... why there on Bluelight are intelligent, experienced people with much knowledge such PUSSIES when it comes to dosing???
I understand allergy test etc., EVEN when it comes to b-k in case vendor mistaking the substances or what not... But dosing euphoric ketones in dozens of miligrams is just laughable, excepting pyrolidinoketones. Man have you done a quick web-research, searched the forums, looked for trip reports for clephedrone?
It seems you didn't; should it have been the other way around you would dose it from 100 mg up the nose, needless to say one adventurous researcher from the swedish forum shot a quarter of a gram and spoke of euphoria between brephedrone and 3-mmc...
I'm not picking on you; i'm just irritated by what is somehow a common tendency of BL users, maybe for myself - being a ketone junkie and coming from Poland it's easier to notice that? Anyway.... playing with euphoric b-k that way it's like eating a just a tiny piece of steak and coming to conclusion that meat doesn't provide enought nutrition.
Cross-comparison between substances and looking for TR's are always indispensable for harm reduction (from dissatisfaction too). :)

Last edited:
This is very first stimulant what I ever had. There are no or very little info about this one and im not smart enough to start searching for ketones or smtn. If I'd done this 50-100mg up to my nose then pain could have been pretty bad. This was not a trip report what BL members and experienced users would expect but I still think that I have some useful info in my post.

Sorry but I just had to write it... why there on Bluelight are intelligent, experienced people with much knowledge such PUSSIES when it comes to dosing???
I understand allergy test etc., EVEN when it comes to b-k in case vendor mistaking the substances or what not... But dosing euphoric ketones in dozens of miligrams is just laughable, excepting pyrolidinoketones. Man have you done a quick web-research, searched the forums, looked for trip reports for clephedrone?
It seems you didn't; should it have been the other way around you would dose it from 100 mg up the nose, needless to say one adventurous researcher from the swedish forum shot a quarter of a gram and spoke of euphoria between brephedrone and 3-mmc...
I'm not picking on you; i'm just irritated by what is somehow a common tendency of BL users, maybe for myself - being a ketone junkie and coming from Poland it's easier to notice that? Anyway.... playing with euphoric b-k that way it's like eating a just a tiny piece of steak and coming to conclusion that meat doesn't provide enought nutrition.
Cross-comparison between substances and looking for TR's are always indispensable for harm reduction (from dissatisfaction too). :)

I think such critique is out of line here. You can't treat other people like lab mice and tell them they took too little. Clephedrone (I can see the name caught on ;)) is not a researched drug that anyone could take thinking it's not harmful. Perhaps here in Poland there is too little talk about harm reduction and that's why there are so many people keen on high doses of cathinone analogues? The first thing you notice on the biggest Polish forum about drug use is glorifying drugs and blind chase after a high. I rarely read it unless I google some information there and there seems to be quite a lot of people there pushing the limit IMHO. I took 3-MMC and various mephedrone analogues on and off for a few months and I can't say that it did anything positive to me, they are essentially way worse than mephedrone itself. This is not a search for legal alternatives to illegal recreational drugs any more, it's all about money now. Why are there so many 3-substituted analogues of cathinones when it's clear they generally seem to be have more powerful cardiotoxic effects than mephedrone (5-HT2B agonism)? For Christ's sake, 3-methoxymethcathinone (3-MOMC)? Why?

The recovery time is definitely much longer than the period of regular doses. Single use of mephedrone may seem fairly safe because it's out of your system pretty quickly, but when you start a binge, then I suspect it's as devastating as amphetamines binges are. It feels even more so. I loved taking a few doses of amphetamine or 3-MMC throughout one night and then have fun at some house party or even just sit and talk with one person, but I'm definitely not going to use any unknown cathinones any more after I finally took a break. I'm so much happier now and I was really a wreck. If I can't find good MDMA, then I won't take any random drug for sure. Short-lasting cathinones are worse vs. MDMA for two reasons - you keep on redosing them and they're more dopaminergic, so what is supposed to be an occasional fun becomes a compulsive habit. Perhaps clephedrone is less compulsive than mephedrone but no online vendor is legit to me unless I know for sure how a compound is synthesized.

Everyone is free to make choices and if someone wants to take a 6 mg clephedrone dose, which indeed is way too little to feel anything based on SAR and active doses for related compounds, then there's nothing wrong about it. If you fancy taking a higher dose, then I'm sure you will have an opportunity soon.

Everyone is free to make choices and if someone wants to take a 6 mg clephedrone dose, which indeed is way too little to feel anything
It was 12mg total to be precise but doesn't matter. Anyway I made my 2nd trial today 20mg oral. This stuff is not for (my) nose. It game me a good emotional openness and I had no trouble chatting with strangers, normally I feel kind of insecure and uncomfortable in such situations. I guess I felt like any other human being on this planet for a few hours. I see good potential about this one. But possible neurotoxicity and how it affects your body... Nobody knows. But I think that rc chemists 'mostly' know what they are doing, so it can't be a total poison.

That RC chemists 'generally know what they are doing' is complete and utter bollocks. At least as far as the commercial scene goes.

For instance, just recently, I noticed an AM-HI-CO product (a pretty big maker of various party pills and powders) that contained something likely in the extreme, to be metabolized to an absolute and utter poison. This was a smoke blend containing one of the indazole or indole-based synthetic cannabinoids (I forget which, indole I am pretty sure however I could be mistaken), this had a 4-trifluorobutyl substituent on the indole nitrogen. Whilst the popular 5-fluoropentyl group appears relatively safe in this respect, those with an even-numbered quantity of carbons, with a terminal fluoride, get metabolized by beta-oxidation to fluoroacetate, aka 1080 (a trade name, for the pesticide), a rather seriously nasty toxin that enters the krebs cycle, where its metabolized to fluorocitrate, essentially gumming up the works of this essential biological process and fucking up cellular respiration. It cannot be treated, in case of poisoning, only symptomatically. Fluoroacetate doesn't take all that much to kill a human, although one would need to smoke a lot of such a blend to absorb a fatal dose. It is however, toxic in sublethal quantities, damaging mainly the heart, lungs, reproductive system and brain.

And IMO even TRYING the release of the 4-halogenated cathinones was, and IS stupid on their part. Just too damn close to para-chloro/bromo/iodoamphetamine, all three being known serotonergic neurotoxins with chronic toxic effects. For halide substituents on the 4-position of the Ph ring, fluorine seems to be the only safe one, in the amphetamines.

Cathinones MAY be different in this respect, but I for one, would not bet my serotonergic axons on them being so.

amz said:
It was 12mg total to be precise but doesn't matter. Anyway I made my 2nd trial today 20mg oral. This stuff is not for (my) nose. It game me a good emotional openness and I had no trouble chatting with strangers, normally I feel kind of insecure and uncomfortable in such situations. I guess I felt like any other human being on this planet for a few hours. I see good potential about this one. But possible neurotoxicity and how it affects your body... Nobody knows. But I think that rc chemists 'mostly' know what they are doing, so it can't be a total poison.

This is not a good idea to treat anxiety with drugs like clephedrone. I used to suffer from social anxiety, when I got off methadone and got on Suboxone, it was slowly getting better and better. I used a lot of stimulants (amphetamine, mephedrone analogues) in that period of time to compensate for full agonist opioids. I really thought I made a big progress but when I stopped taking stimulants for a few months, all my problems came back. And the real solution wasn't in drugs, I felt much much better after my first self-hypnosis session, it was a great feeling of both well-being and satisfaction that no drug has ever given me in such a combination. I could never benefit from psychotherapy, I just can't let anybody in, but I think I'm just an extreme case of this, and for most people psychotherapy can be a successful treatment for their anxiety. I've seen it working wonders many times, no drugs needed.

Don't be so naive that someone cares for your health offering you unresearched or poorly researched compounds. Yes, most chemists making RCs for vendors must know their craft, so they can successively plan and carry out the synthesis of those compounds, but I doubt that most of them care what happens with those RCs later and who consumes them. They take their money and they're happy. Do the maths and you will see how much money this whole business is worth. A lot of people have long forgot that higher values and feelings like fairness, honesty, love, compassion etc. are much more important than material wealth, I think you could talk very few of them out of it, most will just pursue money no matter what. It's not money that got us humans where we are now, it was co-operation and now you look at all those wars around the world, and you wonder "How is that going to bring anything good for our world?" War doesn't choose, both good and bad people die. But wars are not the worst thing, something much worse is the global manipulation because it's telling lies on purpose to mislead people, so they are unaware and easier to control. Perhaps when we destroy our planet and the earth and the waters will be too poisoned for plants to live, so herbivores won't have anything to eat, so carnivores won't have anything to eat, so we humans won't have anything to eat, those people will wake up and realise their money is worthless and that they need all those people whom they consider inferior.

I can perfectly understand that making money on drugs may seem the only way to make a living for some, but this stems from a problem that's much much bigger, it's how this whole world has been organised and is administered now. I'm not completely against drugs. I've been an addict myself, I won over some of my addictions, I still fight with the others, and I think that some of psychoactive compounds found in nature and made synthetically are useful for humans if they are used in the right way. Even if it's just to chill out your mind once in a while, but not every day, because then you just run away from your life and life is about learning how to overcome problems, we won't move on if we just leave problems as they are instead of finding a solution. It is possible to produce RCs and not have a moral dilemma whether your actions are good or bad. But I can hardly see any positives to most of RCs being released recently and the situation keeps aggravating.

There are people who work on new compounds because they really want to bring drugs that do something beneficial for people, but they're a much smaller minority and they don't find a miracle drug every week because they're an effect of hard work and not just a random drug flooding your brain with neurotransmitters or activating/blocking receptors/responses. They're not there only to make you feel ecstatically well, they have a lot of functions that you mess up taking addictive drugs on a regular basis. Anyone who loves chemistry or pharmacology and really wants to serve other people would choose a legal job over a shady business any day, but big pharmaceutical companies are reluctant to research some classes of compounds because they are banned in most countries of the world (well, there are other reasons as well, and it's a part of the disorganisation of our world too), so to keep on working they need to go underground at times.

There is really no telling whether a new RC is safe or not because there is no research on most of them. Some of released research chemicals were previously studied in lab environment but most of them weren't specifically tested in humans, they never made it out of preclinical phase. Take MDPV as an example, I don't think you believe that something making mice bite themselves taken in high-dose binges can be good to humans, do you? Or super-potent opioids like butyrfentanyl - nobody can convince me that it's good. This stuff can't be properly measured without specialistic equipment and we all know that not everyone taking it uses a scale, so it's risking people's lives if you sell a drug like butyrfentanyl to them. If someone really needs an opioid for whatever reason (but not self-centred pursue after pleasure), then there are many alternatives, even legal ones. I've got a lot of other examples from different classes of compounds but I won't be reciting them now. The point is - do you really think vendors caring for other people would release such stuff knowing that a lot of people all around the world are already addicted to previously released RCs and it's ruining their lives? I'm sure that addiction to RCs can be socially considered much worse than addictions to illegal drugs, because anyone can access those legal alternatives and a lot of people aren't even aware of the risks and I think you are one of them.

Last edited: