• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Nicotine Vaping & E-Cigs Thread

It was on the news last night about latest research done into ecigs and quitting. The results of about 6,000 participants were that quitting success rates for e-cigs were 60% higher than for patches, gums, or will-power alone. Also they have dropped the "almost certainly" safer than tobacco, it is now "certainly safer". Iirc they said that 2 million people are now using them in the UK, which seems a staggeringly high figure.

It does, sure it isn't that high. Maybe 2 million have tried them, but using regularly I doubt it.

I'm not using them to try and quit though, I'm using them because it's nice.

Got one today called blu by skycig, just normal tobacco flavour. Cost about £15 and seems alright to me,never been a big smoker tbh so its just for when with mates so i can hit that instead of fags and when i need a little wakeup in the morning.

Apprently if you take brief, short, sharp, successive inhales its far stimulating than long slow calm inhales which are meant to be relaxing. Cant say ibve noticed or even expoerimeneted with this, i definately find nicotine mentally stimulating but it makes me feel physically bleurgh, lacking energy and all that. Perhaps its because the oxygen in the bloodstream gets reduced or something, theres no carbon monoxide or other posions in ecigs which wouldnt be surptisong if they made you feel a bit yuk.

This thread makes me feel so lucky I've never even tried a cigarette. Drugs are so much healthier right? 8)

tempted to get one of these soon. only a weekend cig smoker though. but still

Got to say if you're only a weekend diner it's probably not a good idea because you'll soon start smoking it in the week and before long you will be a full time vaper (although that's still safer than weekend smoking).

Thought I'd give this thread a bump.

As I said elsewhere I've picked up a green smoke e-cig. Decided to go for the light, 1.2% / 12mg, cartomizers.

Seems pretty decent although I've yet to figure how many puffs is equivalent to a cigarette for me. 5 long draws seemed alright with my last go.

Seems strange doing mouth inhales being as I lung inhale normally. Also tried taking it in my mouth & out through the nose without inhaling it to the lungs... meant to be pretty effective.

Why would you do mouth inhales instead of lung? are they not supposed to be lung inhaled?

yeah, most people lung inhale them, though if you get a poor ecig (like those ones that look like a cigarette and have a glowing blue end, those are the absolute pits) the lung inhale feels foul, but ive youve got a good set up it's nice.

Indeed it is, although it's meant to be on of the better of those types. A lot of good reviews from people who had used similar & found them shit.

Why would you do mouth inhales instead of lung? are they not supposed to be lung inhaled?

Apparently most the nicotine is absorbed through the mucus membranes (i.e mouth/throat/nose) rather than in the lungs. It's just satisfying to take it into the lungs.

Also as MDB says, I think lung inhales off this one would irritate the lungs/throat. Doesn't bother me though as lung inhales will be worse for my asthma anyway... certainly feels a lot better on my lungs than a regular cig.

I use a titan tornado starter kit, tbh it hasnt helped me quit that was never the point in it anyway. Point was i could use it all day at work :D

Easiest way to get up cigs is just too cold turkey and cluck for a week

Its not the hardest addiction in the world to break, i meen for starters it doesn't make you feel good. Your just feeding the void over and over it does make me laugh when people call it pleasurable its not it just a pointless time sink.

was off tobacco for 9 months using an e-cig but been smoking again the past month or so :\ got some pueblo additive free tobacco today which im rather impressed with compared to dirty amber leaf anyway.

Got one myself, can't remember the model. Been thinking of upgrading and buying one of the variable voltage ones.

IMO propylene glycol based liquids are superior to glycerine (VG, as those are marketed), as there is no possibility of a solely propylene glycol/PG-based liquid dehydrating when overheated and forming acrolein, which does seem to happen, as especially when overheated, or heating the last little bit of liquid, at least with the top--wicking kinds I've tried does make the vapor caustic and choking, feels exactly the same, if to a lesser degree, than getting an airway full of acrolein vapor. It isn't the nicotine certainly, as this caustic change occurs in all glycerine based liquids I've tried, weather they contain nicotine or synthetic cannabinoids.

Of interest, at least my local head shop has been getting inventive, one of them is now packaging the synthetic cannabinoid STS-135 in a vaporizer liquid. A good choice too IMO, of one to use for that, given its high potency. A few tokes of that, as an ostensibly 1mg/1ml blueberry flavoured liquid is enough, and even after a fill has been used, enough clings to the wicks to make it last quite a bit longer.

was off tobacco for 9 months using an e-cig but been smoking again the past month or so :\ got some pueblo additive free tobacco today which im rather impressed with compared to dirty amber leaf anyway.

Amber grief is all i have ever smoked, cant beat that rough throat hit just don't get it from other rolling tobbaco

might grab one of these soon, not sure it'll be as nice as an actual cigarette though.

What tobacco flavoured e-juice is your favourite? not sure if naming a brand is against rules though...