View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that, with the exception of the 5-methoxylated tryptamines and the alpha-methyl/ethyl ones, tryptamines are quite safe to combine with MAOIs.

i always thought that 5-MeO-DMT was orally inactive without a MAOI just like DMT, but now I have heard rumourosly that this is infact not the case. has anyone tried dosing 5-MeO-DMT orally and got an effect?

Just so that clarity is reassured, 5-MeO-DMT cannot be smoked as HCl? only as freebase? And if so, what concentration of NaOH should I use to precipitate this freebase?

in my experience, tryptamines can also smoked in HCl form, it just works worse than smoking freebase - part of the material decomposes, the smoke is harsher and there is a black crust left in the pipe.

^I must say, I think its a LOT better if you convert them to freebase though. I remember Samadhi_smiles mentioned a good ratio, I cannot rmemeber, for baking soda and tryptamine....I ll see if I can find it....Needless to say, its not difficult.

ungelesene_bettlek said:
in my experience, tryptamines can also smoked in HCl form, it just works worse than smoking freebase - part of the material decomposes, the smoke is harsher and there is a black crust left in the pipe.
the problem is that the margin between vaporizing the chemical and just charring it is quite small and further the melting point is quite high (you need a LOT of heat). The vapor ends up being capable of REALLY inflaming/irritating the lung tissue compared to the cooler freebase vapor. Converting it to freebase if you're smoking it is really much more ideal.

You can do it with a shot glass, water, NaOH and something to get the DPT out once it turns into non-water-soluble freebase or you can do it with baking soda, water, spoon, lighter, and toothpick a la crack cocaine.

ps DPT = any tryptamine like 5-meo-DMT, DMT, MET, etc

Is 5-MeO-DMT soluble in water ?
I don't have a 0.001g scale and I am soon acquiring 5-MeO-DMT in freebase form.
I have a 0.01g scale at my disposal and I wish to calculate the total I buy, dissolve it in dh2o and then calculate the dose to be smoked by evaporating a certain amount of water.

How much is it soluble ? Will heat (I will cook it like I'd cook ketamine, or by using a blow-dyer) damage it (I hope not, since its meant to be smoked :p ) ?

Thank you very much :)

samadhi_smiles said:
why do you keep wondering about tryptamines and MAOIs? I'm just curious, what are you trying to gain? I would honestly warn you to be very careful mixing MAOIs with tryptamines. It is uncharted (possible) terror-tory.

Your post was OT, but if others didnt catch that and since it fell in the 5-MeO-DMT thread, I thought it worth mentioning that 5-meo-DMT and MAOIs DO NOT mix! Mixing these two can be VERY dangous, resulting in one case (erowid it) death.

I don't keep wondering about them- or do I?

Anyway :p ;)

Quebec Gold said:
Is 5-MeO-DMT soluble in water ?
I don't have a 0.001g scale and I am soon acquiring 5-MeO-DMT in freebase form.
I have a 0.01g scale at my disposal and I wish to calculate the total I buy, dissolve it in dh2o and then calculate the dose to be smoked by evaporating a certain amount of water.

How much is it soluble ? Will heat (I will cook it like I'd cook ketamine, or by using a blow-dyer) damage it (I hope not, since its meant to be smoked :p ) ?

Thank you very much :)

I'm pretty positive that 5-MeO-DMT freebase is not soluble in water... I don't think any freebases are.

Probably the most pleasant method of using 5-MeO-DMT is sublingually as a salt. This way the trip is much less jolting. The peak gradually builds and the whole trip lasts longer. I enjoy it much more this way, but not if freebase is used because it BURNS LIKE HELL. Instead 5-MeO-DMT fumarate is used sublingually. 5-MeO-DMT fumarate doesn’t burn. It’s mild and tastes like sour plastic. Just 5 mg under the tongue is enough for pretty good effects. There’s not much visuals and there are a lot of mental effects going on. It’s mentally very active and similar to LSD. There are some unusually sensations felt that are hard to describe. 5-MeO-DMT in some ways is like alcohol, in that you feel a little cloudy.

Mixed freebase 5-MeO-DMT with citric acid and water and took it sublingually and found it works just as well as the freebase. It didn’t burn like the freebase does. It’s likely that any salt form is going to work sublingually.

The natives use a simple water extract with no acids. The extract is formed into pellets that are taken orally. I suspect that they let it sit in their mouth and it is actually absorbed sublingually

This report is very promising in my eyes... vaporization did not feel pleasant, but sublingual seems very desirable!

And I assume the natives did not require an acid for their extract because the plant they used was already acidic.

erowid only has for sublingual doses at "light" 10 mg. The rest are "??" How steep is the dose response curve here. Has anyone ventured to like 15 or 30 mg?

Taking 5-meo-dmt orally

Anyone ever try it? What Dosage was it Active at? How was the experience?

Merged in a question about oral 5-MeO-DMT.

There have been some posts recently, I believe just a short way back in this thread, about taking 5-MeO-DMT sublingually, by holding it in the mouth to absorb. If you just swallow it, I think it will be eaten up by MAO. But if you absorb it sublingually, I believe it will absorb. The experience is described as different from smoking it, which is to be expected. Sounds interesting to me.

perhaps PM egor (or egore is his nick now I guess?) about it as he has tried this a couple times iirc.

The Hoff Bomb said:
Anyone ever try it? What Dosage was it Active at? How was the experience?

Long time no see Hoff Bomb:)

5-meo-dmt is not active orally (without MAO inhibition of course), but it is active sublingually @ 5+mg, but I never tried it above 12 mg. The hard part is holding it under your tongue for 15+ minutes. I use (pure, not the GNC shit) GABA to mask the flavor to make it a bit more tolerable. Its tough but worth it, its my favorite method of admin for 5-meo-dmt. (I should mention I use thr Hcl salt for sublingual use, not the freebase... Hold it in your mouth until you begin to feel a warmth spreading across your chest. Patience is key. Its far easier on my (asthmatic) lungs, doesnt feel like it is coroding my sinuses like with insufflation. I dont know anyone else who has tried it, so let me know how it works for you.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have other questions

I'll try to go back to my old handle once shit settles down a bit...

^This is from wiki, but- "According to the researcher Jonathan Ott, 5-MeO-DMT is active orally with doses over 30 mg without aid of a MAOI." However its unreferenced so I don't know what to make of that....as a MAOi itself, wouldn't 5-Meo-DMT exert some influence over its own metabolism...

Gosh, I can't get the nerve up to smke this stuff. For starters, my scale doesn't want to weigh it :|

I've never tried it with the freebase. I got a batch of Hcl that was supposed to be freebase but the lying fuck of a vendor sent the wrong shit and I didnt want to waste it.

Let me know how it goes if you try it...

I'm pretty sure the freebase would burn pretty badly, which is why you wqouldn't want to try it sunlingually. You can easy make the freebase into a salt though... put the dose into a shot glass with distilled water and add a drop or two of some sort of acid... citric acid or vinegar would work well. It will form the corresponding salt (5-MeO-DMT citrate or 5-MeO-DMT acetate, respectively). Then you can put that water mixture in your mouth, once all of the floating crystals dissolve, and hold it there to take it sublingually.

egor, how would you describe the experience sublingually? I'm very curious. I may try it that way very soon now that I know it works.

yeah this is interesting because of the recent "white motorola"s going around lately.. some one actually pressed 5-meo-dmt into "ecstacy" tablets... according to ecstacydata.org anyway.

The oddest part is all the reports of people TRIPPING hard!!! I'm not sure if they were holding the pills under there tongues or what, as I know some kids do...

weird stuff I tell ya !!

egor.. can you describe the length/intensity of 5mg under the tongue compared to smoking 1-3mg ??

Status
Not open for further replies.