Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xorkoth said:
I'm pretty sure the freebase would burn pretty badly, which is why you wqouldn't want to try it sunlingually. You can easy make the freebase into a salt though... put the dose into a shot glass with distilled water and add a drop or two of some sort of acid... citric acid or vinegar would work well. It will form the corresponding salt (5-MeO-DMT citrate or 5-MeO-DMT acetate, respectively). Then you can put that water mixture in your mouth, once all of the floating crystals dissolve, and hold it there to take it sublingually.

egor, how would you describe the experience sublingually? I'm very curious. I may try it that way very soon now that I know it works.

It comes on real smooth (though the taste is less than nice, and it taked about 15 mins of holding it in your mouth. I use reagent grade GABA to mute the flavor hint hint;)), at least in comparisin to smoking or insufflation. Sublingual is now my preffered method for using 5-meo-dmt It begins with a warmth that spreads across your chest. Soon (like within 2 minutes of the initial onset), the world becomes far more "animated" for lack of a better term. Not cartoony, but flowing surfaces and significant trails become apparent. Other than that, the visual aspect is pretty muted compared to other methods of administration. Its a very ethereal experience, and nicely maleable too. The best setting to try it is alone along a quietly flowing stream and just absorb the beauty of the nature around you, its just magic.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if I didnt answer everything you were wondering about Xorkoth:)

it's hardly visual at all. for me, its kinda like being hit in the head with a psychedelic brick, but some people find it to be the most divine drug ever, so theres no way to know how you'll react to it. start with 5mg or less.
I love that description--being hit with a psychedelic brick to the face. For me, 15mg vaporized was like a rocket ride to the moon; for the first little while, things were so bright that I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or closed. Time dilation was also huge--while the whole experience lasted around 15-20 minutes, it felt like ~4 hours. I haven't tried it since (this was around 5 years ago), but the idea of sublingual administration sounds alluring.

I think I will try sublingual administration tonight. Would it be best to convert my freebase to a salt for this? Would it work to leave the salt dissolved in a small bit of distilled water and hold that in my mouth for 15 or so minutes?

i might try it tonight too xorkoth, egor's comments are very interesting. I'll try 5mg also I think. I wonder if a little phenibut would work to mask the taste?

Hmm, as long as you don't mind tasting phenibut... that stuff burns my mouth. It tastes SO strong!

^whatever you do, just be sure to use something to mask the taste. Its a chore to hold in your mouth masked:\

^I've wondered the same thing; I can't see why not....

egore said:
^whatever you do, just be sure to use something to mask the taste. Its a chore to hold in your mouth masked:\

Whats the duration of effects?

About 30 min comeup, 2-3 hours of the peak of the experience, and an afterglow that can last 3-4 more hours, but doesnt usually keep my from sleeping.

^Wow, that really does lengthen the trip. I guess intensity would be reduced (as opposed to smoking)- I don't think I could handle being in fullblown 5-MeO-DMT land for that long, though what you describe almost sounds like smoked salvia vs sublingual quid style salvia....longer duration of the distinct effects without being too overwhelming...?

Hmm, maybe I won't do it tonight then... I was thinking it would be a 1-2 hour thing.

How intense is it? Are the effects the same sort of thing as smoked, or is it a totally different experience?

I bet it is very very different, to be honest, the absorption rates have been one of the most drastic determiners of the psychedelic experience ime. I aborted too with a cheeseburger. its so hard to trip these days cause i'm always eating so much from working out that I never am good and fasted (how I like to trip).

I'll try soon though.

^You aborted with a cheeseburger?? Oooooookay :D

Whats a dangerous dose of 5-MeO-DMT? Or, what dosages are you using egore?

I have not gone above 12mg sublingual (yet...); but 6-8 is my common range, with the threshold at about 3-4mg.

^ Yeah .....why would that be - I would smoke more than that as a rule.

I ask as I've only ever smoked it.

The salt would work better than the freebase for sublingual administration due to its better water solubility.

B9 said:
^ Yeah .....why would that be - I would smoke more than that as a rule.

I ask as I've only ever smoked it.

Honestly, I've never felt the need to go higher. I found my sweetspot and will stick with it. Maybe someday in the future when I am feeling adventurous...

Separating 5-meo-dmt from dmt

and the author's notes on sublingual 5-meo-dmt:

Probably the most pleasant method of using 5-MeO-DMT is sublingually as a salt. This way the trip is much less jolting. The peak gradually builds and the whole trip lasts longer. It is much more this way, but not if freebase is used because it BURNS LIKE HELL. Instead 5-MeO-DMT fumarate is used sublingually. 5-MeO-DMT fumarate doesn’t burn. It’s mild and tastes like sour plastic. Just 5 mg under the tongue is enough for pretty good effects. There’s not much visuals and there are a lot of mental effects going on. It’s mentally very active and similar to LSD. There are some unusually sensations felt that are hard to describe. 5-MeO-DMT in some ways is like alcohol, in that you feel a little cloudy.

I mixed freebase 5-MeO-DMT with citric acid and water and took it sublingually and found it works just as well as the freebase. It didn’t burn like the freebase does. It’s likely that any salt form is going to work sublingually.

The natives use a simple water extract with no acids. The extract is formed into pellets that are taken orally. I suspect that they let it sit in their mouth and it is actually absorbed sublingually.

I recall these salts being present in "yopo" snuffs (A. colubrina), where a calcium bufotenin was achieved in this manner. Also, there are definitely plant species containing 5-meo-dmt (as well as dmt usually), so we don't have to chance hurting our poor frog friends :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.