View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DMT was extracted from mimosa. It was the syrian rue which did it to me though, since what I had was not crystals but rather a very poor acid extraction.

I'm looking forward to trying oral DMT sometime with pure harmala alkaloids.

hey; i recently discovered some 5-meo-dmt after a fair number of years searching for it, and wanted to share my experience with it so far.

i obtained a gram of it from an experienced friend who administered the first dose. i was told to get a jewelry scale, weigh it out, and smoke it in a pipe over some weed. their recommended dose was 0.025g, or 25mg.

this first dose had little to no effect on me other than a long lost moment, staring into space.

my second dose was 20mg, which again left little to no effect. one friend, with the same dose, experienced euphoria; another, who spent two hours meditating beforehand and took 18mg, spent 20 minutes viewing and communicating with other beings moving through the room.

on my third try, i shared it with a group of friends, dealing out doses of 30mg to everyone. after each person took their hit, someone - me, for the first few - would hit it a second time, finishing off the weed and crystals still present. this "second hit" took an immediate effect on me, and it was a few minutes before i could calm down my laughing enough to prepare the next dose. of the others, one fell almost immediately asleep, several experienced total ecstacy and uncontrollable laughter. lingering glittery effects lasted a good half hour or more, and we all felt "good" until the end of the night.

the fourth was with two friends; myself and one other who'd taken it before tried 35mg, while the third, on his first try but fairly experienced with other hallucinogens, took 30mg. the other 35mg felt "serene and peaceful" and went to bed soon afterwards. my friend on 30mg felt like he was flying through space for a while, the first time he had ever experienced visuals on a drug. my 35mg caused a high pitched matrix-like ringing sound that increased in volume as i concentrated on it. after some time it reached an impossible pitch, there was a -pop-, and i was witnessing reality from a theater situated inside my head, conversing with Others about the events onscreen.

i'm fairly sure that our way of doing it is a little wasteful and i'd like to start vaporizing it. i have an actual vaporizer with a temp gauge on it; how high should something like that be set? also, what can be recommended about trying this along with lsd? i have some lsd-25 that has been field tested about 25 times to no ill effect, and i'm curious as to what the combination could be like.

^ first of all those doses are insanely huge. you must not be smoking it right, for if you hit 30 mg's of this stuff and "got it all", shit i dont even know what would happen.....

^Agreed. I would stick to 10mgs for (for me) an overwhelming experience. I don't much like 5-meo-DMT on its own, but add a few mg to an n,n DMT mix and it has definte synergy. The effects don't sound very strong- more like a low mg experience then fullblown. All 5-Meo-DMT is the Void to me, wonderful yet more disorientating then I like. LSD and 5-meo-DMT would make an interesting combo....

5-MEO-DMT is a delicate molecule and is easily burned with high heat -

you should avoid smoking it with a direct flame -

instead try a vaporizer, in a lightbulb, or perhaps off of tin foil -

I jsut posted something in the big and dandy thread about smoking off of tin foil - it works just as well for 5-MeO-DMT ime

edit - and yes PLEASE if you use this technique, start off with at most a 10mg dose, as you will probably get an EYE OPENER when you exhale (afterwards you will realize you have been burning most of your 5-meo-dmt)=

peace and love,
S_S

thanks for the info, i'm guessing the people i've been getting it from are doing the wrong doses too. it seemed pretty weird to me that we were getting those sorts of effects from those sorts of doses; it could be an issue of quality, too. but i somehow doubt that. i'm sure part of it is losing a lot of smoke; people have been having troubles getting the whole dose in one hit.

tinfoil i've got some experience with but i'd feel more comfortable with the vaporizer. what temp should i be setting it to, considering that ~190 usually does it for weed?

also, still curious about the lsd+5meodmt combo. i've got plenty of both lying around and a lot of free time right now; it's probably inevitable that i try it but i'd really like to know more about what to expect. and has anyone tried smoking salvia and dmt together? could be intense, could be -madly- disorienting.

never tried 5 meo dmt with lsd but th mda it was a pretty amazing.
i wish i could remember more details but that trip took place 3 years ago.
all i remember is it was by far the most visual 5 meo dmt trip i have ever had.

here's something that came up - cigarettes (supposedly) have MAOIs; is this a worry in conjunction with 5meoDMT? is there a certain amount of time before/after smoking it that we should wait to have a cigarette?

nevermind, apparently a cigarette some time beforehand doesn't help/hurt(?).

so i tried two new way, one with a wine glass heated with a lighter beneath which seemed to maybe work (6mg, described as like my first time with possible lost memory). then i tried the vaporizer sandwiched between weed, setting it at progressively higher temperatures. it seemed to do the trick; i got (and still feel) an intense calmness and serenity. no cannons, though. one of my friends insists doing it in a pipe with direct weed is the way to go but i really don't want to waste that much more of this stuff if i can avoid it.

do i really have to go with tinfoil or a lightbulb? it seems like you'd be smoking a bunch of other chemicals with those that would be shitty on your lungs.

one last question - when we tried the glass method there was some disagreement as to what to do once it turned into a liquid. as such it wound up staying as a liquid. to save it i wiped it up with a bit of weed, which was then set aside and saved. is this weed good to smoke? have i imbued it with magic powers? or did i fuck up the chemistry and make killer weed?

Last edited:
5-MeO-DMT infused Weed?

5-MeO-DMT when heated produces a liquid, that if left alone will eventually gel up and recrystallize. however, if you take some weed and wipe it around in that gel, you get...?

early experiments are inconclusive but promising.

if you take some weed and wipe it around in that gel, you get...?

5-Meo-DMT infused weed? ;)

Heating its probably not so great- to infuse herbs with DMT use ethanol or naptha, pour a small qaunity over DMT and herbs, wait until evaporation....

Merged in a question about infusing weed with 5-MeO-DMT.

I love BL this thread answered all my questions but one,

recently baught some meo-dmt, it is light brown and somewhat chunky. Im guessing this is freebase? Im thinking of converting this for injection.

Chronic cigarette smokers have lowered levels of MAO-B. This type of MAO is not responsible for working with 5-MeO-DMT (MAO-A is), so it should not be a worry if you smoke.

Diche, please do report back if you inject, with comparisons to how it is smoked if possible. I've been pondering going the intramuscular route, for a way to slow down the experience (which hits you like a Mack Truck smoked).

What you have is probably the freebase, you can tell by trying to smoke a bit, the freebase will melt and give off vapor without a bunch of heat, while the hydrochloride salt will take a good bit more to start vaporizing (like 90 degrees F more!).

You can convert it to prepare for injection with pure citric powder.

ps to minimize any possible psychological trauma, I highly suggest you smoke a couple doses (and breakthrough once) on it before messing around with IM route. A couple of people have reported terrifying results from IM, but I have a hunch it will have the most therapeutic value.

no one can tell from your description if it's freebase or salt, but as SS said freebase would be the more probable scenario. the brown colour is most likely due to some impurities, so injection is not advisable unless you clean it up first (given you have some chem. knowledge and equipment).

yea I did the mapproximate molar calculations and am going to try with citric powder.

Thanks for the tips.

You could probably put 5mgs in a spoon of water heat it up with a lighter and if it turns oily and floats to the sides it is freebase.
I had some brown chunky freebase a while back it probably had a good 10% impurities. It was cheap and good to smoke so I can’t complain. I defiantly wouldn’t of injected it though.

Try smoking some on tinfoil and see how much residue it leaves behind.

diche said:
recently baught some meo-dmt, it is light brown and somewhat chunky. Im guessing this is freebase? Im thinking of converting this for injection.

The stuff often turns brown(ish). It gets much worse when left out in the open.
The cause is unknown IIRC.
There's been some research into the matter but the results were inconclusive.
Sorry no sources as I forgot where I read those papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.