View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, i've tried this one on numerous occasions. definitely one of the most unique psychedelic effects i've ever had. all you need ta do is plug a bowl with a little, tiny nug. something that is definitely less than a hit, but just enough to plug the hole. then, in case you don't have a scale that reads down to single mgs, you eye out about 2 rock salt granules. basically, two small crystals. i'm talking really freakin' small dose! like the threshold is about 1-2 mgs., for a common normal dose (which you should take first, just to be careful, because you don't know how intense it'll be for you. it's different for everyone!) is about 5-10 mgs., and a strong dose, if you think you can handle it, is about 10-20 mgs., but even 20 is a little too much. so, now it's time to light it. when you do, you must always remember to hover the flame as far away as possible, as not to burn it all away immediately, and also, so it doesn't pull through into your throat, heh heh!! anyways, take all that in one hit, and hold it all in for as long as you can (about 30-60 sec). as soon as you exhale, the feelings rush over you like a powerful wave. if you look in the mirror while exhaling, it's quite fun, cause you get to witness your pupils dilate to a ridiculous size in a matter of a second or two!! then, the effects after that are pretty undescribable. it's really, really intense and almost overwhelming to the fact where you almost can't speak or move much for a few minutes, maybe 5. then, you start to let it sink in, and it calms slowly. you trip pretty well for about 10-20 minutes at the most, then you come down, and there's minor after effects, but you can control yourself now. it wears off completely, completely sober, within 25-30 min. after you initially exhaled. definitely something to experience and different than anything out there! i enjoyed it. quite a remarkable chemical...

Eye admit I i-ball 5-MeO-DMT also. Thats because I've never had a trip that was too intense for me. So anything between 8-15mg is all good and I'll take whatever the 5-MeO-DMT wants to give me that evening.

Eyeballing is generally not a good habit to be in though.

My honest opinion is that 5-MeO-DMT, like DMT or psilocybin, has been in use for centuries and is known to be safe. Therefore, if you're not afraid of psychological surprises (and, even then, it only lasts a few minutes), eyeballing 5-MeO-DMT or DMT or psilo. (WITHIN REASON!) is not as serious as eyeballing one of the newer psychedelics.

As a matter of fact, *everyone* eyeballes psilocybin when they eat shrooms, since they can never know for sure how potent they are. Same goes for mescaline/cactii

Friday 13 April 2007

I insufflated 26 mg of 5-methoxy-n,n-dimethyltryptamine, scraped up what was left behind, blew out the candles...darkness and quiet. As it commenced terror and fear unimaginable confronted me, I steadied myself as I left myself. Puked, couldn't stand.
This was my first time.
As it was happening, I swore I was never gonna do it again, not even try smokimg it: what was I to do with the almost 1/2 gram I have left?
I will return when the time is right, and I will not be afraid, I will make my stand.

Smoking and snorting is WORLDS different. I destest 5-MeO-DMT insufflated.....horrid experience. Yet smoked, I've never found another like it. Best psychedelic of all.

As for what to do with the rest...do what I do...collect entheogens! Rewarding hobby.

samadhi_smiles said:
...and then you drop the lighter, inhale the entire hit, place the lightbuld in an unlined trashcan next to you (for throwing up just in case), and lay back and enter the void.

So you've thrown up as well, then?

I don't know. I finally got a semi-breakthrough dose last night out of a light bulb; but all I can say is that I fought it. The sheer intensity of it was overwhelming. I finally get how people say it's super psychedelic, yet there is no visual element whatsoever. I stared off into the trees of my backyard.... evreything took on a vibrant intense clarity, but no distortion whatsoever.

Also, I tried redosing with an equal amount an hour later, and got almost nothing-- except my throat feeling like it was ripped out. God, the vapors are horrendously toxic! I would love to either IM or IV some. It would do away with the nasty taste, and harsh throat and lung drawback.

morninggloryseed said:
Smoking and snorting is WORLDS different. I destest 5-MeO-DMT insufflated.....horrid experience. Yet smoked, I've never found another like it. Best psychedelic of all.

As for what to do with the rest...do what I do...collect entheogens! Rewarding hobby.

Yeah, snorting was worse than snorting un-crushed meth..at first I thought I had snorted cocaine washed heavily with acetone, but that notion was beyond absurd; then I could feel the drug being absorbed within my nasal mucosa, razor blades of fire leading me to hyperspace, similar (but not exactly identical) to the cover illustration of Rick Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule; but the feeling of being watched, of contact and Communion, what is it? Same "being watched over" as with 5 grams of p. cubensis...are they the machine elves, the loquacious mushroom man, or the neteru of ancient Egypt?

dbailey11 said:
I don't know. I finally got a semi-breakthrough dose last night out of a light bulb; but all I can say is that I fought it. The sheer intensity of it was overwhelming. I finally get how people say it's super psychedelic, yet there is no visual element whatsoever. I stared off into the trees of my backyard.... evreything took on a vibrant intense clarity, but no distortion whatsoever.

Also, I tried redosing with an equal amount an hour later, and got almost nothing-- except my throat feeling like it was ripped out. God, the vapors are horrendously toxic! I would love to either IM or IV some. It would do away with the nasty taste, and harsh throat and lung drawback.

The first time or two 5-MeO-DMT was not visual for me. The third or fourth time it began manifesting itself as a visual substance. The last few experiments (perhaps I've tried it now at varying levels a dozen times) have been intensely visual. I've noticed this type of change/malleability with a few other psychedelics, as one get accustomed to it the subjective effects shift.

And Keith: I threw up the first real hit of 5-MeO-DMT I took (it was about 4-5mg). The next couple of times gave me some GI discomfort (not bad) and now the experience is completely smooth and not hard at all (I still keep the trash can there just in case since I don't want puke on my carpet).

I'm sure the majority of the collateral effects are psychosomatic.

Not personally, though I have seen others. I think throwing up on this material is the result of tramatic experience.

Keith Sandberg said:
MGS, have you thrown up from smoking 5-MeO-DMT?

Vomiting is quite normal with pretty much every psychedelic outside of LSD and maybe DMT.

Call me weird but I dislike vomiting.

samadhi_smiles said:
And Keith: I threw up the first real hit of 5-MeO-DMT I took (it was about 4-5mg). The next couple of times gave me some GI discomfort (not bad) and now the experience is completely smooth and not hard at all (I still keep the trash can there just in case since I don't want puke on my carpet).

I'm sure the majority of the collateral effects are psychosomatic.

Well, then at least I know puking happens to others too; I read about the possibility on erowid, so psychosomatic...for example, I've never puked of p. cubensis before, but almost a year ago some friends of mine did, and later that night I ate some, and sure enough, I puked as well. I have to learn to detach from external stimuli and figure my body into it all. Time...

FWIW, A friend of mine vomited after smoking DMT by trying to stand up immediately after coming out of the chrysanthemum. Stay seated for the next minute or two. :)

samadhi_smiles said:
Then the smoke starts rolling in the lightbulb, like a little mini-tornado, then it builds and builds and gets thicker and thicker and then you drop the lighter, inhale the entire hit, place the lightbuld in an unlined trashcan next to you (for throwing up just in case), and lay back and enter the void.

Then you cry and its so god! ;)

so beautiful :')

Does the HCl salt vaporize cleanly? Or does it need to be converted into freebase in order to be smoked?

But, then again, one of my most beautiful trips of all time occurred as I started puking my guts out onto myself after starting to trip on Ayahuasca. I've never tripped harder in my life as I was puking. It was INSANE.

I broke into pure mental content after that point and had a fundamental ego loss experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.