View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a beautiful cocktail that I have pondered visiting one day. Do let us know how it goes! I'm very excited for you.

I can see why you're experiences sound so blissful. My friends loaded me up with what I found out was 20 mg of 5-MeO-DMT, sandwiched between weed and smoked through a bong. This was my 2nd time trying 5-MeO-DMT and the first time in years and was absolutely frightening beyond hell.

I cant wait to procure my own sample of 5-MeO-DMT so I can start with 5 mg and titrate my way up slowly to avoid any nightmares and hopefully recreate some of the joy you've found with this promising material!

i cannot seem to know what goes on during the trip, only what i feel before and after, and during afterglow. But it does leave me with a very intense euphoria and a great feeling without any anxiety, as if i had just purged many knots inside myself.

As with Dmt i love to dance with this stuff, it kinda gives me the flow feeling, i really like to meditate while i move, i really do love this special feeling, i bring a lot of this with me after.

In my personal subjective experience/opinion there are 2 ways to aproach the trip: 1-with resistence, fears, and whatever my mind is trapped into, i will blast this feelings, bringing foward an intense smile. While i trip i will bring walls to smash into - a therapeutic sense

2-just letting go, this is when it gets crazy, i will not remember anything at all, i will tend to move like if iam exorcised, and i can get creepy while my face changes expresion in seconds (i scared a friend like this, at the same time i would roll maniacally on the floor), i cant define anything here. Letting go must mean no ego to smash, just following some currents, not so interesting for me, as resistances define us as individuals.

The only time I puked when using it was when I smoked it mixed with salvia on top of ayahuasca.

8o wow that sounds intense!

I really hope I get to try 5-meo-dmt in pure form before it is banned entirely. Once I have to resort to extractions or yopo I might lose interest considerably and stick to N,N, Dmt.

So close, so happy.

Quick report:

I vapourised 5mg of 5-meo-dmt 45 mins ago, using a glass vapouriser and gas hob.

My previous experience was a little stressed, with breathing issues. I now realise i had just not had enough last time.

This time i very, very nearly broke through. I was very so close, i know i was so close. I know because i felt it and it felt me, it wanted me and i accepted this and i accelerated so much further towards it. I felt what was through there, i don't think i went through, i was still in my body as it were. It was love, oneness, belonging, it is not possible to explain in words. Every minute that passes i forget it more, it moves further from me. That is ok, as i know it is there, i didn't know what it was before, but i do now. Wow.

I forgot about breathing and anything like that, i didn't need to worry about it, as whatever i this is, will make sure i am ok, i know i will be ok, i cannot come to harm from going there.

I am enthused by the experience. It is a funny one, about 20 minutes ago a guy rode past my house on his wife's 3 speed shopping bike, with his son. I wanted to open the window, shout him over and give him my nice MTB. I don't use it too much, so he would get more benefit from it, it could make his life better. This i think shows something i learnt about how we are all connected. What is mine, what is yours? Does it matter? No. Material things, so what. I have also been stressing on my wifes pregnancy and whether we will have enough money and so forth. This no longer matters, as long as we love each other and our kids. Anyway i digress, but feelings have been flowing.

I am currently in a good, calm place, slight tryptamine background buzz, very subtle now.

I most important thing i learnt today was about fear. There is totally, absolutely nothing for me to be frightened about. This place is a wonderful, exquisite place, it is pure and benevolent. I wants me and i belong there too.

I will now wait a week or so, before upping to 7mg. I think that may well be the dose to get me where, i now know i can easily go and get back safely.

TT36 ;-)

Solipsis (and anyone else with experience in both methods), how does the snorted trip differ from vaporized? And have you ever tried sublingual? I've heard good reports from egor I believe about sublingual but the dose is more like 15-20mg if I recall correctly.

I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know in each of the substance Big and Dandies about the community project of the PD forum which has been being worked on for the past 2 years or so, the Psychedelic Effects Profile survey. This survey asks you a number of questions, starting with the substance taken, the dose, the method of administration, other substances (non-psychedelic) ingested during the trip, and set and setting, and then it goes on to ask about a variety of specific effects, and you can select whether or not you experienced them and if so, the intensity level of that effect on a 5-point scale.

Thank you for your help with this! For this to be of any use whatsoever, we need as many responses as we can possibly get, so please take it as many times as you have time for, for as many substances as you have had proper trips on. We want to gather the full range of effects possible so feel free to take it for positive as well as negative experiences, for earth-shattering and average. Each time taking the survey is for a single trip on a single substance - no combinations please, as it taints the data for each substance. In the future I may make another survey for combinations. The survey takes about 5 minutes to get through so it's not too much of your time.

For further discussion of this project, please see the stickied thread at the top of the forum that starts with "Community Project". To take the survey, please click on this link: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=hvw6fx9mmvzz82l599169

:)

Solipsis (and anyone else with experience in both methods), how does the snorted trip differ from vaporized? And have you ever tried sublingual? I've heard good reports from egor I believe about sublingual but the dose is more like 15-20mg if I recall correctly.

Insufflation lasts much longer than vaporizing, about 30 minutes before a full comedown in my experiences. The nasal burn is, IMHO, very bad, probably the worst of anything I have ever insufflated. Insufflation produces markedly different effects than vaporizing. The experience is much subtler, and while I don't think I can articulate it as well as I'd like to someone that hasn't experienced this first-hand, the visual themes consist of heightened sensory input (all detail becomes sharper), play with negative space inside images, time dilution (30 minutes can feel like 5), etc.

You may have read experience reports where someone vaporized a small amount and compared it to being conked over the head with a hammer. I think it was Shulgin that first said this. IME, this is what insufflation sometimes felt like, mostly because of the bad burn.

It is a different experience than vaporized, "gentler" so to speak. Not the catapult in and the drop out that the pipe produces. I preferred vaporizing it... If you go back a few pages I have some older posts detailing my methods, which always served me well. Can't comment on sublingual, sorry. Heard many positive things.

5-MeO-DMT is very interesting and "rewarding", but I have moved on. No particular reason other than my feeling that I had taken everything away from it that I could @ this juncture. Experimenting with more was becoming repetitive and I was taking little away. The first few experiences were incredibly rewarding. I "broke through" a good number of times, but there was a threshold that I passed the first time that I never passed again. I knew it was there; to say that I was "afraid" to walk through that door would be wrong. I just began to believe that one day (in death) I will experience that singularity once again. That feeling of "oneness" is complete life / death depending on one's perspective. I do agree with some of the other posters, especially Solipsis - I can certainly identify with the religious feeling you get, and above I have mentioned the heightened sensory input / attention to detail. My experiences gave me a feeling of incredibly heightened "true seeing" / being wide awake as you said. I know we were talking a bit some months ago about such things in this thread.

One last thing... I am a daily cannabis smoker, so I rarely dream. However, if I quit for a few days I begin having vivid dreams. The feeling that 5-MeO-DMT gives me is identical to a feeling that I often experience while dreaming. Quite often in my dream I will be focusing on some familiar setting, when a white light / vacuum feeling starts to hit me. Although I love when this happens, the intensity often causes me to snap out of it and wake up. This happens with even more frequency if I dose melatonin before bed (not a habit of mine btw).

Last edited:
Just smoked 8mg for the first time just over an hour ago.

Real intense rush followed by amazing waves of calming euphoria.
Gonna push it up to 10mg next time and hope for a breakthrough experience.

Has anybody tried redosing on this stuff, I assume that if I try smoking another 10mg tonight that there will be minimal effects?

Also would your tolerance to psychedelics be affected by a hit of 5-MeO-DMT as much as it would from a mushroom or 2C-E trip?

^ Glad to hear you finally pulled the trigger! 8 mg was a responsible dose so I'm not surprised it leaves you wanting to redose. I know people that have smoked multiple sessions of 5-MeO-DMT in a night. I think it is like DMT in the sense that you can smoke it repeatedly with minimal tolerance and a hit of 5-MeO-DMT will not affect your tolerance to the same extent as mushrooms or 2C-E, if at all.

Aww thats sweet I might go and hit up 10 mg right away then lol.

Thats good to know, it's handy to have something so powerful with such a short duration of action that doesnt effect other trips as much.

Had my 5-MeO for about 6 months now and have only just plucked up the courage to toke it up.

Whats been up man, i'll PM you in a bit after 10mg :p

I did 3g of ground syrian rue seeds (down the hatch with some pineapple juice).

45 mins later I took 10mg 5-me0-dmt.

Everything started getting very very bright... then the boundary between my consciousness and everything else began to dissolve... it seemed as if consciousness being some like computer program that is generated by our brains was a stupid idea... rather, it became obvious that consciousness was an innate part of the very fabric of spacetime, and that our brains somehow just "capture" it. I began to perceive EVERYTHING as possessing the SAME awareness, even inanimate substances, even air, even empty space, all shining with a holy, all-pervasive "I" that was me and you and everything and everyone everywhere for all eternity.

At first I panicked a little, I thought "no way I could possibly be feeling this unless I have died" but a quick standup and self-check verified I was totally fine, not heartbeat or blood pressure problems, all was just glorious "OM" within and without.

The ultimate truth: all of our awarenesses, as well as the entire physical universe is something happening inside of the one and only primordial eternal "I", nothing more, nothing less... consciousness created it all. Whoa.

It felt just fine, probably FAR less scary than smoking it since it came on slowly and I had time to observe and understand what was happening, while smoking is more like just WTF???

Here's almost exactly what it felt like:

http://www.alexgrey.com/a-gallery/8-24/dying.jpg
dying.jpg

^ It's funny that Alex Grey-esque visions of universal awareness and the paradoxical understanding that the infinite is one seem to be cliche. I remember in my teenhood I was the only one that I knew with these observations, although this was before joining our little sub-culture here at bluelight and researching spirituality, quantum physics and contemporary alternative geniuses such as Alex Grey and Shulgin. After realizing the paradoxical nature of reality, it was very relieving to see these observations were made thousands of years ago in ancient mystical practices such as Taoism and the paradoxical philosophy behind the yin-yang, and then reading Alex Grey's biography in his box set "Visions" and finding out he actually changed his last name to "Grey" to commemorate grey matter, the gradients between the polar opposites white and black in th yin-yang, suggesting their intrinsic connection through the grey matter between them, and now to hear others experiences that run parallel to mine on bluelight. We are not crazy! Reality is consciousness, all is one and time is not linear but simultaneous.

Check out the book "The Self-Aware Universe" by Amit Goswami I think is how you spell his name. It goes into quantum physics and how new findings indicate that reality exists in an infinite state of probability until consciousness defines a measurable reality and discusses the parallels between these findings and eastern religious/philosphical systems. If 5-MeO-DMT brought on the realization that consciousness created reality you will find this book outlines scientific findings that indicate the truth behind that realization. "The Tao Of Physics" is another great book outlining the parallels between modern physics and eastern mysticism, without any particular emphasis on any one finding such as The Self-Aware Universe's emphasis on the scientific evidence that consciousness creates reality. The Tao Of Physics was another discovery that validated my psychedelic induced realizations and helped to confirm that I was not alone or insane , but I never forget that their is a fineline between insanity and genius!

Last edited:
Whoa, lsd, tha was your 666h post!!! Freaky!

love_sex_desire
Bluelighter

I read Tao Of Physics right after first leaving Mom & Dad's house and moving to college in 1980, after first trying weed and psychedelics (in the form of LSA from seeds back before I had any actual drug connections.)

It blew me away, and totally introduced me to SO many things... started me on an amazing path of mind expansion... still a great book to read.

I noticed the Self-Aware Universe a few years ago when it came out in paperback, and picked it up.... WONDERFUL! More up to date than Tao, and with a different focus, but really really eye-opening and a great review of alot of stuff from multiple disciplines.

Thanks for bringing them to mind again! And thanks for the suggestion about Grey's autobiography; will definitely need to read that too.

But y'all really ought to try the Syrian Rue + 5-Meo-DMT oral combo... it is not horrible as someone above suggested... at those dose levels, my body felt just fine, and the mental revelation totally changed who I am... the knowledge and experience of illumunation it gave, especially the slo-motion leaking of consciousness both in and out of my head to merge with the "all-seeing all-dancing" (as they said in "Fight Club") and I will add ALL-LOVING Divine Consciousness that pervades and supports everything was incredible. I haven't repeated it because, well, it's like that ONE experience was like an ETERNAL SACRED MOMENT that I still recall in exact detail, right beside me every time I think about it, which is almost every day.

^ That's just the kind of coincedental synchronicty that amazes me with psychedelics! Of course that was my 666th post! It has sparked interest into the historical meaning of 666. I wonder if there were any other cultures that held some type of meaning with the number. I'm sure if so it would have been regarded as a holy and righteous number lol. Anyone have any info on 666 beyond the bible's interpretation of the number meaning "the mark of the beast"?

Glad you enjoyed those books! I was very relieved to come across "The Tao Of Physics" as LSD had already instilled in my philosophy the exact same notions the book is based on. When I first saw the book my jaw dropped as I intuitively knew that this book would be the beginning of my journey putting the pieces of the puzzle into place with the validation of my LSD-induced intuitions through the parallels of my philosophy with others. This book set the road to validating my (at the time) 5 years of psychedelic integration, and although there are newer books that expand on "The Tao Of Physics", this book is still my favourite because of the synchronous time I stumbled upon it.

Thinking of synchronicty, nevermind my jaw dropping when I first read the title, my jaw hit the floor as soon as I started reading it. In the updated foreword in the edition I purchased the author mentions the inspiriation to write the trip was induced by an LSD trip on a beach somewhere in Idia.

Psychedelics have the power to tap the mind into the collective consciousness and reveal the true nature of reality. Paradox.

If reality could be explained it would cease to exist as it would be absolute, but as well know one paradoxical aspect of reality is that change is the only contant. That which is fully absolute is static, so if there was a single answer to reality it would imply that reality as a whole is absolute, static, nothing.

Last edited:
Nice report..Definitely want to try this but im a little scared.As sonn as i find a group of friends to do rc's with me i will give this a try.

Well, I finally tried some 5-MeO-DMT about a week ago. I don't have a milligram scale so I proceeded carefully. I had read that 10mg is about matchhead size, so I started with just under half that amount. I don't have an oil pipe so I put new, double screens in an old metal weed pipe. Dropped a little shake down then sprinkled on the white crystals. A very light, hovering touch with the lighter and the 5-MeO melted into the herb. Then I took a deep breath & hit it again. Within a very short time I felt it... an uprising, rushing sensation. Obviously I didn't get a full dose though as the initial rush passed quickly, leaving me with a nice body buzz and feeling great. I think too much melted through the screen or was burnt rather than vaporized.

I waited a couple of hours and gave it another go. I went with a slightly larger dose this time and used a different lighter technique and - WOW - this was much better! The intensity built up very rapidly and I began to loose touch with consensus reality. My vision blurred, with things looking like a pointillist painting. It wasn't a breakthrough dose, but I know that I was reasonably close. It felt wonderful and somehow natural... I can't quite remember my thoughts now, but they were not really scattered but rather concise, as if this was a place I'd been to long ago and would someday return. I've had a similar experience with Nitrous, but to a totally different degree. Kind of a deja vous feeling...

So I've ordered a milligram scale and will receive it in a day or two. Then I'll be better able to make accurate measurements and keep better track of my next journey this weekend.

What a great substance!

Status
Not open for further replies.