View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question - is 5-MeO-DMT found naturally in the brain? I couldn't really find a clear answer to this anywhere.

DMT is found in the body and is believed to move through the human brain, but I have never heard of any evidence of endogenous 5-MeO-DMT. You're thinking of regular ol' N,N-DMT.

I´ve also read an article about 5-MeO-DMT found in the human brain in very little amounts but I don´t know the link.

Spirit, would it be possible for you to link to the article you read or state where you found it? That sounds like a very interesting read.

While i'm posting, has anyone else ever tried insufflated 5-MeO-DMT? This was the rout I used for my last trip with the stuff and was very intense with just 15mg. Does anyone have any experience with insufflated doses larger then that and what was it like?

Wow. I am at utter peace and will not try to put into words this experience. Pure freedom, life has a completely different meaning. This is going to be interesting to integrate and move forward. Everyone needs to try this or they have not lived.

I once insufflated several doses of about 15-20mg but I prefer the heavy impact of the smoked 5-MeO-DMT. Insufflating is a good compromise for a longer lasting experience but it doesn´t produce a breakthrough with 15mg which I expect with the same amount smoked.

DMT is found in the body and is believed to move through the human brain, but I have never heard of any evidence of endogenous 5-MeO-DMT. You're thinking of regular ol' N,N-DMT.

On wikipedia 5-MeO-DMT is categorized as a neurotransmitter. I don't say it is, and it's also quite unclear, because there are no references with facts...

I think Rick Strassmann's theory about DMT produced by the pineal gland, is very plausible. Wouldn't it be as plausible saying that 5-MeO-DMT is produced by the PG?

Attachments

• asdr.JPG
    asdr.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
thank god I read this thread when I did. I don't think I'll be ordering any 5-MeO anytime soon. It sounds horrifically intense. Actually the nausea is what really turns me off. That and the lack of visuals, especially this blank void I've been hearing about.

or is it really worth trying?

Depends on what you're looking for in a psychedelic experience.

There is a price to pay (or is there?) for bliss. 5meo shows you both sides of the coin.

Wow. I am at utter peace and will not try to put into words this experience. Pure freedom, life has a completely different meaning. This is going to be interesting to integrate and move forward. Everyone needs to try this or they have not lived.

Sounds amazing! Can you tell us more about t?

I'm assuming it was smoked. How was it smoked? Through a freebase pipe, or smoked with herb in a bong?

What was the dose?

Thanks!

On wikipedia 5-MeO-DMT is categorized as a neurotransmitter. I don't say it is, and it's also quite unclear, because there are no references with facts...

I think Rick Strassmann's theory about DMT produced by the pineal gland, is very plausible. Wouldn't it be as plausible saying that 5-MeO-DMT is produced by the PG?

Very interesting!

Can anyone find any legitimate links that states that 5-MeO-DMT is a trace neurotransmitter? I had no idea...

thank god I read this thread when I did. I don't think I'll be ordering any 5-MeO anytime soon. It sounds horrifically intense. Actually the nausea is what really turns me off. That and the lack of visuals, especially this blank void I've been hearing about.

or is it really worth trying?
It's worth trying because there's nothing else like it. If that justification makes sense to you then maybe it's worth it. That, and it'll be illegal soon. There are indications that 5-MeO-DMT is much more strongly selective for the 5HT1a receptor over 5HT2a than other psychedelics, which is probably part of what makes it so distinct. In my experience it's almost a pure ego dissolver, with very few cognitive fireworks. But it does that one thing more effectively than any other drug I've encountered. The experience is very similar each time for me. The only time I puked when using it was when I smoked it mixed with salvia on top of ayahuasca.

I used it probably a half dozen times within the first few months that I got it, then maybe once a year since then. I think that's probably a typical usage pattern for this one.

It's worth trying because there's nothing else like it. If that justification makes sense to you then maybe it's worth it. That, and it'll be illegal soon. There are indications that 5-MeO-DMT is much more strongly selective for the 5HT1a receptor over 5HT2a than other psychedelics, which is probably part of what makes it so distinct. In my experience it's almost a pure ego dissolver, with very few cognitive fireworks. But it does that one thing more effectively than any other drug I've encountered. The experience is very similar each time for me. The only time I puked when using it was when I smoked it mixed with salvia on top of ayahuasca.

I used it probably a half dozen times within the first few months that I got it, then maybe once a year since then. I think that's probably a typical usage pattern for this one.

What he said, since i can't speak with near the eloquence of psood0nym...I'll leave it at that.

well i finally tried 5-MEO-DMT, and its impossible to explain.... had some very intense trips... but not my favourite RC.... too short lasting, and maybe too hard hitting for the firt minute... but had some great times

well i finally tried 5-MEO-DMT, and its impossible to explain.... had some very intense trips... but not my favourite RC.... too short lasting, and maybe too hard hitting for the firt minute... but had some great times

What ROA did you use?

Last edited:
I find 5-MeO-DMT to be very powerful but less menacing or chaotic than N,N - I've only tried significant doses insufflated and I've had experiences like instantly stepping through a portal into another dimension that is the exact same as this one, only everything is its heavenly destined place. There is a balance between a euphoric component and a dark void-ish component and I find there is a pure link to something ultimate and the last time it impressed me with harsh but matter-of-fact changes the 'god in me' wants me to make before addressing it again. As in: changes in bad habits, including drug use.

Also there were thoughts of the connection between the dharma and the point at which fundamental particles are destroyed and created again in a changed but completely balanced fashion, mediated by something most elusive.
I felt like standing at the precipice of potentially everything that may come into existence and on the other hand nothingness, the precipice being the source of existence.
5-MeO-DMT, like N,N makes me pray to whatever, such-ness. To things like particle physics and astrophysics that there is at least an appearance of grandness. Who will tell in what terms it exists or not or what mysticism is behind it (or in front of it), I just pray to a Descartian ground of being. Thankfulness for my life and a humbling to the world that is infinitely bigger than I am and will not be merciful to me in particular.

Psychedelics can be tools for psychological or spiritual progress, development or to resolve something and I value them as such. But there is little I hold in such high regard and respect as 5-MeO and N,N. To me they are sacred, I don't think they are a godlike thing themselves, I think they are the key to directly experience unity within yourself and within all. When that happens, I get a distinct religious feeling.

What also happened was I was lying on bed and tripping on all of this when at one point I assumed the position shown below, looked up (with my mindfold - a sort of meditation blindfold) on and opened my eyes for nothingness. And I envisioned an infinite row of myself standing besides myself, and every me opened their eyes as if they had never done so before. Not wide open like a speedfreak but truly awake.
This happened twice so far.

Urdva-muka-shvanasana.jpg

I love 5-MeO-DMT. <3

^^ What kind of doses of 5-MeO-DMT do you find to be most optimal?

And were you saying that you've only snorted 5-MeO-DMT?

Have you ever tried smoking it and if so how did it compare?

Thanks Solipsis!

np :) I have only so little to try (but plan on getting a gr) but I've been up to 8-9 mg snorted or 5-6 mg vaporized (Tried 2-3 mg before that). But the vaporization was not so succesful, I think a significant part may have melted down into the pipe. I had a better screen and a good layer of ash to absorb DMT but it's messed up a little now. Right now I have 35 mg nice N,N crystals plus 5 mg 5-MeO combined in that pipe, sandwiched between salvia leaves on top of ash and little pieces of aluminum foil serving as a temporary screen. I hope the DMT's will melt into the salvia leaves and make it a successfull venture.

I want to be clean of uppers and downers completely when I do it so there's no funky interactions like diminished effect or increased stress on heart and veins. I'm working the rest of the week so maybe friday evening. The completely prepared pipe waits for me till then.

I may be a fool though if I get an unexpectedly high dose of 5-MeO vaporized and it's combined with N,N right away. It would then become clear that the other vaping times were very unsuccessful and this time with the in vitro leave infusion too successful :\

For me 8-9 snorted was great (I was also a little stoned and on the tail end of a little GHB) but I would go higher than that, but steadily The burn is manageable for me. I have had moments of not remembering to breath or feeling on the verge of OBE's - I probably want a sitter when I go deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.