View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ these trips are coming from people just popping the pills not holding them under the tongue, wich I thought made a big difference when it comes to 5-meo-dmt.

was just under the assumption that orally taken in pill form 5-meo-dmt was not active. I guesse you learn something new everyday??

I've been reintroduced to 5-MeO-DMT since my original 15-20mg blast off and I have had some amazing experiences with it. I now consider it to be my favorite tryptamine. Taking many small doses (via inhalation) over the course of time (for example, with another smoking substrate through a bong) gives a gentle ascent into the extraordinarily synaesthetic trip and extends the duration to about 60-80min. I would love to try one large sublingual dose of the HCl salt, like 40-45mg, as it would also come on slow and last longer than by perienteral routes.

Edit: I should add that I don't consider L and other ergoloids to be tryptamines.

Last edited:
^^Isn't 40-45mg sublingually a bit...much? I read the recommended dose to be like 15mg. If not than I'd love to experience that much power.

It is a huge dose and upon further consideration, it would probably be too much (even for a hardhead like myself). I was assuming that it is far less active sublingually than it is via inhalation, so I figured I would need at least 2x the dose. Perhaps this is not the case. Either way, it's a great molecule, too bad it's not more available or common.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to buy some of this stuff soon...it will be a big step in my psychedelic journey!

I'm a bit worried though, it seems people either have a quite terrible time or think it's the best drug ever.

Last edited:
Many people think that if you don't do a large enough dose then it can be unpleasant and scarier than when are at a point which is beyond the fear. Though I have never tried it, definitely seems like a substance to try at least once though.

^That could not be less true. Its when you truly break through (or at least the few seconds before all concept of self is lost) that is the most jarring...

Weird, youre the first person I've ever seen say that. While I am sure that the break through is far more profound and intense, I've just always read that it is a lot less uncomfortable and that if you are gonna try 5meo that you ought to try and get a least a breakthrough dose first time.
But again...I don't really know.

well egor but its so quick though? before you know it you're through, or are you talking about sublingual? I imagine thats a slower process of ego dissolution.

The most euphoric I've ever been in my life was coming back from a 5-meo-DMT breakthrough (I really thought I had actually died).

Many people think that if you don't do a large enough dose then it can be unpleasant and scarier than when are at a point which is beyond the fear. Though I have never tried it, definitely seems like a substance to try at least once though.

^That could not be less true. Its when you truly break through (or at least the few seconds before all concept of self is lost) that is the most jarring...
i'm with the first poster

second poster, did you take sub breakthrough doses before having your first breakthrough?
those are the ones than are were very unpleasant to me

after breaking through, i understood that i had only been anxious and i can take low doses without any problem now

of course, other people have different results and get horrible experiences during breakthough
many still concluded that it was interesting enough to know it existed to be worth the discomfort

samadhi_smiles said:
well egor but its so quick though? before you know it you're through, or are you talking about sublingual? I imagine thats a slower process of ego dissolution.

The most euphoric I've ever been in my life was coming back from a 5-meo-DMT breakthrough (I really thought I had actually died).

There is always that "oh fuck" moment before ego dissolution. You are right though, the euphoria comes after the peak once you realize you made it back;)

Vegan, I started with smaller doses and worked up. I had over a dozen experiences under my belt before a full breakthrough.

Is the freebase form corrosive? If so, how should it be kept in storage without any trouble.

same as all other tryptamines, in a baggie in an amber vial with O2 absorber in another baggie in the freezer

same as all other tryptamines, in a baggie in an amber vial with O2 absorber in another baggie in the freezer
You rock, man. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with a touch of OCD when it comes to storage of 'sensitive' molecules.

^I just go baggie, another baggie, amber vial, dessicant, dark, cool stable spot.

*rushes to freezer, remvoing peas and frozen bread hastily stuffing tryptamine into every icecube available*

How weird is this? 5-MeO-DMT showing up in MDMA tablets? wtf? Has anyone run into this or know anything about it?

I kind of wonder if it was supposed to be a joke or something, like that one pill that tested positive for heroin (that had to have been someone's idea of a joke).

(Feel free to delete this if its off-topic crap.. I just thought this was really strange)

Has anyone tried plugging 5-MeO-DMT? I guess it should be active that way, since it is sublingually and orally.

I had a ++++ on 25 - 30 mg of the freebase, insufflated. It burned like hell, but it was totally worth it, though it would be nice to be able to repeat without being punched in your face.

I bet if you converted it to a salt (add it to solution and drop in a bit of citric powder, then evaporate the solution), the burn would be a lot worse.

I have some of the salt laying around I might try to snort some tonight. <3

I have snorted the HCL, but that was brown and sticky, in contrast to the really white freebase. The burn from that sticky stuff was roughly equal to the burn of the freebase, iirc. I found it strange, but thought it may be the stickiness, as that concentrated the burn in one spot, as opposed to the freebase powder.

Maybe I should convert some of the white freebase and give that a try.

samadhi_smiles said:
I bet if you converted it to a salt (add it to solution and drop in a bit of citric powder, then evaporate the solution), the burn would be a lot worse.

I have some of the salt laying around I might try to snort some tonight. <3

I wouldn't do this man... you should probably use a volatile acid if you aren't going to do any stoichiometry, or you will end up with excess acid in your product, and then you will be snorting straight citric acid powder (not good). If you use HCl, acetic acid, or something you can evaporate or gently cook off the excess so that you do not have to insufflate unreacted acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.