Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erebus- said:
Curious about the smoking of salt/freebase forms of 5-MeO-DMT. I have a good amount of this chemical in salt form, and was wondering if it could be smoked in this form and if not, how to convert it to a freebase with some easy kitchen chemistry.
yeah, jsut raise th ph. put it in a shot glass of water, drop in some based water till it precipts out filter off and let dry.

And what would I use to raise the pH of my water in shot glass? And after the precipitation what should I use as a filter?

sodium hydroxide will work.

Last time I tried this with DPT I could pick the piece of DPT out with a screwdriver (it clumped together).

I've never done this with 5-meo-DMT but I plan to soon actually.

I also plan to snort a dose of it (25mg maybe?). I heard thats done gone scary ass shit!

Some people suggest using 8-10mg for your first time, to make sure you break through. If you break through, it will most likely push you beyond fear... but if you don't have enough to break through then you may feel very uncomfortable and/or scared.

This is just what I've heard though... I haven't tried 5-MeO-DMT yet (still, for some reason).

All right s_s, let us know how insufflation goes with this chemical. And if 5-MeO-DMT does not stick together during the precipitation, should I use coffee filter to separate?

Some people suggest using 8-10mg for your first time, to make sure you break through. If you break through, it will most likely push you beyond fear... but if you don't have enough to break through then you may feel very uncomfortable and/or scared.
agreed
sub breakthrough doses when still anxious about the result made me very uncomfortable (the "let's just give up on this and not try again" type)

whereas the same doses after having had broken through didn't pose any other problem than the frustration not to have broken through this time

vegan said:
agreed
sub breakthrough doses when still anxious about the result made me very uncomfortable (the "let's just give up on this and not try again" type)

whereas the same doses after having had broken through didn't pose any other problem than the frustration not to have broken through this time

If anyone cares, I totally agree.

and love 5-meo sooo much.. I have often said its is the most difficult and yet most rewarding of the materials I have ever used. It is also the best re-boot, and or channeling tool I have experienced.

Love and Light

the 5-meo-dmt i have known was composed of large chunky yellow crystals, i have heard others on this forum talk about knowing similarly appearing crystals, the taste is fine and im sure if there are contaminants they are minor, but has anyone experimented with recrystalization in hot naptha or a similar method to clean them up a bit?

I agree with the sentiment that sub-beakthrough doses for 5-MeO-DMT are not the best idea for the first time. I have to admit, that I've never actually broken through, but I've been close, and it felt horrible, especially on the body. I used to love low doses though, especially with marijuana.

Man, it's been years since I actually used this substance. I was pretty much thrown off by my sub-breakthrough experience, but now I've become really interested in it again. Perhaps it's time to re-indulge soon.

Edit: I hope it's okay to make a distinction between a sub-breakthrough dose and a low dose? Because a low dose and a high (but not high enough for breaking through) dose feel worlds apart to me.

Last edited:
There was some tannish, chunky-powder 5-meo that was vaporized at 10mg and felt awkward, low-dosey, and slightly rushing (like how you feel on a roller coaster before the first drop).

Perhaps the purity is increasing the breakthrough dose? 15mg will be experimented on later.

I agree with avoiding mediumish doses. But, 8mg is too little though to breakthrough (this would probably put you in a subjective state that would be VERY scary) for everybody but perhaps the most sensitive among us. I consider myself pretty sensitive to psychedelics in general and I need at least 14ish milligrams for a thorough breakthrough.

I recommend people smoke a 3mg dose then jump right into a 12mg dose.

The water is fine....<3

Once you have broken through I highly recommend going back with medium doses and insufflated doses. Explore the slow ego death if you can. There is much to be learned from that slow disintegration of self. Be warned though it is very scary.

This is a very serious chemical!

Breakthroughs on 5-meo-DMT are PURE LOVE. They are like being embraced in a big cosmic embrace of LOVE and JOY and ABSOLUTE BEING and ABSOLUTE NOTHINGNESS.

Last edited by a moderator:
samadhi_smiles said:
The water is fine....<3

Breakthroughs on 5-meo-DMT are PURE LOVE. They are like being embraced in a big cosmic embrace of LOVE and JOY and ABSOLUTE BEING and ABSOLUTE NOTHINGNESS.

i have experienced the infinite terror of the underdose, i suppose it might be like jumping off a diving board - where standing on the edge is the most frightening part.

i wish to try this again, but i feel as if i must figure out a way to really prepare myself and i cant quite figure out how, or justify to why i would go through such a death like horror once more. will it make me stronger? happier? more comfortable with other psychedelics (which i am already very comfortable with)? and above all the possibility that there wont be any horror at all the next time, only love...

try focusing on mental images of love and compassion and use your breath as a guide for when to pick the pipe up and inhale. Once your breath has evened out to a steady rate you are ready.

also, here's a general tip for shortlasting tryptamines. Try them around midnight or whenver your normal bedtime is. At this time of the night a shift occurs as your brain begins releasing endogenous neurotransmitters like melatonin and others. You naturally become more calm and dreamy sedate-like. It is the *perfect* time to blast off on 5-meo-DMT or DMT, or any other short-lasting tryptamine.

I am actually going to at some point experiment combining exogenous melatonin (from tablets taken orally) with short-lasting tryptamines. I'm interested how it will effect the experience.

peace and love,
samadhi

^I wuld wonder how melatonin and an MAOi would go....I have heard one report that suggested something 'different'....

Dose tolerance ever build with 5-MeO-DMT? It doesn't with regular DMT right?

swilow said:
^I wuld wonder how melatonin and an MAOi would go....I have heard one report that suggested something 'different'....
why do you keep wondering about tryptamines and MAOIs? I'm just curious, what are you trying to gain? I would honestly warn you to be very careful mixing MAOIs with tryptamines. It is uncharted (possible) terror-tory.

Your post was OT, but if others didnt catch that and since it fell in the 5-MeO-DMT thread, I thought it worth mentioning that 5-meo-DMT and MAOIs DO NOT mix! Mixing these two can be VERY dangous, resulting in one case (erowid it) death. Please be careful mixing MAOIs and tryptamines! And do not even think about 5-meo-DMT and MAOIs!! I would say all 5-meo's should be steered away from, since 5-meo-DiPT is a (weak) monoamine releaser and thus should present problems with higher doses. 5-meo-Mipt is likely also a monoamine releaser and likewise contradicted I think. BE CAREFUL.

Erebus- said:
Dose tolerance ever build with 5-MeO-DMT? It doesn't with regular DMT right?

hey erebus :) Tolerance builds with both DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. It builds much faster with 5-meo-DMT but i still have with great success smoked many small tokes over the course of two hours to work myself into an 'ayahuasca' type state of mind. You smoke like 2mg every few minutes and eventually you start really tripping hard. You can do this with DMT too (smoke like 10mg every few minutes).

But here's the catch. If you do this then try to breakthrough (have a FULL +3 level immersion), then it will be VERy difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.