Blind Melon Discussion Thread

RDP89

Bluelighter
Blind Melon Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm lol, usually we have these kinds of threads when a musician dies, but not almost 20 years later

Sorry just love his music and the band. Going to his memorial in Dayton in September. Didn't mean to start a pointless thread. lol obviously didn't mean it like that.

That's what I'm saying and I also searched first and could not find a Blind Melon thread..........so I made one. They were just too damn good.

Want me to change it to the Blind Melon Discussion Thread instead that way people don't just come here to talk about Hoon's death, they'll also talk about his music?

Yes Thank You tha's what I meant but had to mention R.I.P. for him but I wnated it to be a Blind Melon thread

Great band. Change is one of my all time favorite songs.

Mouthful of Cavaties, Paper Scratcher, and Soup r my favs.

So I've noticed everybody is treating Blind Melon as something that ended decades ago while neglecting the fact that the remaining members made a new BM album in 2006 with Travis Warren and continue to play the occasional live venue. "For My Friends" is actually a really solid work, despite some predictably cold receptions from zealous Shannon fans, who I imagine accused Warren of grave robbing. It's unfortunate that over romanticizing or coveting the past -- typically through conflating it with the joys of their youth -- closes so many people off to what the present has to offer while spurning the efforts of those who seemingly just want to move on together rather than start over on wholly different paths.

Last edited: