• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Paranoid about Adderall + Roxicodone Combination Having Chest Tightness

ABL23

Bluelighter
I don't think I've done anything too serious but I do like to post here from time to time as a precaution just to see what everyone thinks. Heres my timeline of substance usage today:

3:00PM - Snorted (1) 30mg Roxicodone
8:45PM - Snorted (1) 30mg Roxicodone
10:15PM - Ate (1) 20mg XR Adderall
12:00AM - Wasn't feeling the first adderall so I popped another 20mg XR Adderall

I have a very high opiate tolerance, 60mg of Roxi in a day is a decent amount for me but I can do as much as 120mg before I start nodding a little bit. I used to use adderall very frequently but not so much anymore, but I wanted to pull an all nighter and work on some music. It's 2:45AM now and I'm feeling the adderall pretty good still, I looked in the mirror and my eyes are still pinned from the opiates but I am not feeling their effects at all, the adderall has completely overtaken them. I am having slight chest tightness and I am breathing a little strangely (I have had this sort of strange breathing several times but according to my doctor I am perfectly healthy).

Anyways I guess what I'm saying is that normally I use roxi to come down off of adderall and this is the first time I have taken roxi during the day and adderall at night, normally it's the other way around. So should I be okay? Is this a safe and manageable amount of roxi and addy considering my tolerance and experience with both? I also drank a Monster energy drink which I know isn't great to combine with uppers like addy but I just kind of wasn't thinking about it at the time and I have done it in the past. Anyways do ya'll think? Should I be alright? Is the slight chest tightness and breathing just a normal side effect or should I be concerned? I also plan on taking either an ambien or a xanax at the end of the night to come down and get a little sleep, would that be a good idea or should I just stick out and come off the addy and just fall asleep naturally? I do have hell comming off of addy when I don't have xanax or ambien but I don't know if I should be throwing any more drugs into the mix.

The main reason I asked is because the chest tightness concerns me slightly I don't want it to lead to a heart attack or anything like that. Also I am a 24-year-old male that's about 6 feet tall and I weight roughly 160lbs. Thanks for the help in advance everyone!

Chest tightness is a normal sign of taking too much amphetamine for your body to handle (& being anxious), it's not going to cause a heart attack but in future you may want to reduce your dose.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! It's greatly appreciated. Are you positive this is just a mild side effect of taking too much? I have taken well over 40mg before in the past but it was probably more spread out and when I was heavier into to adderall. Now i'm just an occasional user but it being the XR's I didn't thinkt 40mg would be too much since they don't hit you as hard as the IR's. However I am the feeling the effects of the addy very strongly right now, I am pretty damn high off them haha. My eyes are still pinned from the roxi but I'm not feeling any opiates whatsoever. It feels like they took awhile for the addy to hit me, like over 2 and a half hours. Anyways, I won't be taking anymore tonight or for the next few days for that matter. Just as long as it's a mild side effect of taking a little too much I won't be worried. I'm just wanting to have a solid enjoyable night of getting a lot of music made.

I will definitely be up all night but when things start to calm down around the morning am I cool to take maybe 1mg of Xanax or 10mg of Ambien? Which one would be better to take.

Yeah, it's just the amphetamine. If you take a fairly big dose then it raises blood pressure, respiratory rate, makes your chest tight, etc. - just normal side effects of a stimulant.

Use whatever you'd like on the comedown. Different people have different preferences.

Cool, I just know that mixing opiates and benzos can be dangerous. I have done it before but not on many occasions. I would really like to take the xanax though as it's more effective when I'm coming off stimulants. I know the opiates are still in my system but with the adderall overtaking them I don't know how strong they are working. It's nearly 5:00AM and I snorted my last roxi at around 8:45-9:00PM. What do you think? Take maybe 1mg-1.5 mg of xanax or go with the ambien? I don't know much about taking opiates adderall and ambien together. I'm still decently high on the addy but I'd like to take a xanax here in like 2-3 hours and take a nap before I start the day.

EDIT:

Last edited:
So I took one ambien and it did pretty much nothing, should I take 1mg of xanax or would that be a bad idea with the opiates in my system. It has been nearly 12 hours though since I last took an opiate...

Yeah, it's just the amphetamine. If you take a fairly big dose then it raises blood pressure, respiratory rate, makes your chest tight, etc. - just normal side effects of a stimulant.

Use whatever you'd like on the comedown. Different people have different preferences.

Agreed, the tight feeling in your chest is a common side effect of amphetamine use, maybe you've never noticed it before. I experience all kinds of strange sensations from adderall, and it's frightened me on a few occasions and caused me to panic! You're not really using dangerous amounts, and it's not really a dangerous combination, so I wouldn't freak out too much!

There are people who have died from therapeutic amounts of adderall, but most of them had preexisting conditions that were unknown to them...I remember reading about this when I was having strange sensations in my chest and rapid heartbeat from using amphetamine...not the best thing to read about when you're high and overly sensitive to every little thing going on with your body! I can actually make side effects happen simply by thinking about them when I'm on speed! So now, when I start noticing anything like little twitches or tingles, I immediately start doing something else to distract myself....I never want to spend another night with a stethoscope to my chest listening for abnormalities in my own heartbeat again!

Thanks for the replys everyone. I have a new situation thought and instead of making a new topic ill just put it here and hope for a few more responses.

So to come off the addy from before I took that one ambien and it did nothing. So from over the course of 8:00AM to 2:00PM I took a total of 1.75mg of xanax to calm me down. I finally fell asleep at about 3 for a few hours. I woke up and around 8PM I starting to feel really shitty due to withdrawing from roxicodone so I took about 1 or 1.5mg of Suboxone.

Now I have read that combined xanax and subs can be extremely dangerous and now I am very worried. It's about 4:30PM here so it's been nearly 15 hours since I took my last piece of xanax but I could still feel it in my system up until a few hours ago. Now I am absolutely exhausted but I'm worried about falling asleep since the sub and xanax are both relatively fresh in my system. Am I safe to go to sleep? Are the dangers of subs and xanax really that high? Honestly 1.75mg of xanax is a pretty high dose for me, I don't have much of a tolerance but that also isn't necessarily enough to knock me out either. However being an opiate addict 1.5mg of subs isn't very much for me, I will feel a little opiate high from it but not much it just suppresses withdrawals.

So what do y'all think? It's been nearly 24 hours since I took the first bit of xanax and almost 15 since I took the last dose. Am I in the clear or should I stay up longer or even seek medical attention? I know this might sound paranoid to some but I am just trying to be as safe as I can. Thanks again in advance for the responses and help everyone.

(On a side note I flushed the rest of my xanax and adderall, one drug habit is enough and having to worry about overdoing it when I combine stuff is honestly a nightmare for me, it gives me so much anxiety. I really wish I could just quit drugs all together...but I digress. Thanks again)