View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT and water

1200ug

Greenlighter
Just a quick question regarding DMT and water. If for some reason I have DMT in water, can I evaporate the water away and be left with the DMT again? Sorry if the question sounds stupid, I cant seem to find any answers to this.

Only a salt of the DMT (like DMT fumarate or DMT HCl) can dissolve in water, normal DMT like you'd smoke is freebase and does not dissolve in water. However, if you really have a DMT salt dissolved in water, then yes, you can evaporate it and you'll be left with the DMT. This is true of any chemical dissolved in any liquid.

If what you mean is that you have tiny crystals of DMT floating around in water, then in that case you could also evaporate the water and be left with the crystals.

So the DMT I buy ready for ingestion, which is freebase, will not dissolve in water and will just float around? Then I can evaporate the water and be left with the DMT again, is that correct?

You don't even have to evaporate the water, just use a coffee filter...

Thank you. Good karma flowing your way :) I dont suppose you know of a rough temperature the water would need to be at? As you can imagine I did not do chemistry at all at school and have no idea about anything chemistry related! If DMT boils at 60-70 but water does not until 100, how can I evaporate the water to leave the DMT?

You don't even have to evaporate the water, just use a coffee filter...

Make sure the water is cold. DMT base is oily in warm or even room temp. water, and will soak into your filter if the water's not at least cool, but cold is better.
Then just filter like Sekio suggested.

Evaporation is doable, but will take a while...not to mention that if you are heating the water for faster evap. you run the risk of "boiling" it dry and burning your shit.

Last edited: