• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does anyone use a needle strictly for ketamine?

Purple Fishy

Greenlighter
Wasn't sure how to word the title.

I want to try ketamine this summer (a ways off but I like to prepare for any drug use as much as possible), and I want the ROA to be IM. I use a lot of cocaine, always staying away from the needle because, well, we all know where that leads.

So my question: Is there anyone out there in forum land who uses injectable (water soluble) drugs like cocaine or heroin or whatever, but only uses a needle for ketamine use? The last thing In the world I want is to be hooked on the needle, but is it possible to only associate the needle with ketamine?

Also, along the same lines because I don't want to start a new thread, If I do a 50-100 mg bump (insufflated) a few hours before I IM to make sure I understand the drug and its effects (I want to reach the k-hole with the IM shot), will I need to take more in the shot? Im 6 foot, 230 pounds, I assume there is a correlation between body size and dose

Thank you, all help appreciated

Last edited:
I actually feel the same way, except I have done plenty of ketamine. I want to try IMing it, but I've never used a needle before and never wanted to cross that line. I'd also like to try DPT via IM. I can't really comment on the specific questions you had though.

ya the only thing i've ever shot is K, i kinda doubt there's many like this though

Do you use another drugs that can be shot? If so, have you ever felt the urge to use a needle, or is it only associated with K in your mind?

I would only IM ketamine.

For me, the line with needle use was not so much the needle itself but the line between skin pop/muscle shot and IV use.

Even cocaine can be very appropriate and healthy every once in a while via IM but all bets are off once you cross the line and put something in your vein.

A skin pop is less harmful to my body and psyche than snorting something

When you get to a place that you have the drive and focus to actually tie off your arm, stick a needle in the vein, retract for blood, release the tie, release plunger....you are crossing into an area that few will ever stay healthy in.

You know what this is funny, I was just thinking how I manage to have never IM'ed anything but psychs and ketamine. I would never IM an opiate or anything but I have no qualms IM'ing these two classes of drugs. IM ketamine is definately my preffered ROA by far, just make sure you use sterile equipment. Like MGS the line for me is IV, I can't fathom ever seeing myself IV anything. A nice fat IM shot to the thigh never hurts though ;)

IV/IM/SC injections are a tool of necessity and should only be explored when all other doors are closed, IMO.

I would be more apt to try plugging ketamine with bicarbonate before I went to IM.

I think you should definitely try it nasally first, too. Some people really don't like dissociatives, and if you figure that out on your way to the K-hole, it's not gonna be any fun. There's no reason you can't K-hole from nasal ketamine either, especially if you're not a super heavy dissociative user.

The problem you will face if you buy a bunch of rigs is that needles aren't specifically for one drug or another... if you don't severely limit supply, then you'll consider IV/IM more often. That's how habits start.

There's no reason you can't K-hole from nasal ketamine either, especially if you're not a super heavy dissociative user.

Well I do have to disagree with you there, based upon personal experience..i mean ya you *can* hole with snorting ketamine but its not exactly smooth and isn't accomplished with the usual 120mg. And ill lick your asshole if you are sexy to me but if you want me to stick ketamine and baking soda up there to make you hole, im gonna laugh at you and show you the instructions say for IM or IV use.

I've tried plugging a few times before with hydromorphone. I ended up doing more than 60 mg before giving up. I barely felt it, and even though with hydro the needle is the only way to go, I was informed that i would still be able to get at least a little high. Nothing, so I don't really want to shove something up my ass again.

Someone I know of is a very heavy ketamine user (daily for years; he's totalled several cars and probably done a lot of other extremely reckless things while under the influence) and once his tolerance got to the point where snorting was no longer financially viable, he began using it IM (and quite possibly IV). Just found out today that he's been injecting heroin (which is extremely uncommon where I am from, or perhaps I'm naive) among other drugs, but the point is while the needle is not responsible for what has happened to him, it definitely catalyzed his descent. This will certainly not be the case for everyone, but it's not to be overlooked.

i use heroin iv but i have taken breaks for 6 months at time and even a year befor but i would still shoot k

Plugging sounds simple in principle but it can be dangerous since unreliable bioavailability combined with the fact that you can relatively easily shove too much up your ass means that people can get frustrated and overdose. Drugs are absorbed relatively easily across the intestinal lining, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

morninggloryseed said:
A skin pop is less harmful to my body and psyche than snorting something

In the best possible conditions, maybe. In practice, recreational drug injecting is way, way more dangerous than insufflation. Contamination happens even in hospitals, nobody's perfect, and chances are the average person doesn't realize how easily -- or in what situations -- it can occur. In general, the safest answer to "when do I inject drugs" is "never", though in the case of DPT it sounds pretty damn cool.

Nasally-administered drugs in a medical context are almost exclusively given as a solution of some sort; insufflation is mostly bad because it dries out the septum, and also it is bad when done with strong vasoconstrictors (cocaine, methamphetamine), which affects blood flow to the septum. If you want to use a lot of ketamine, it might be a good idea to try liquid insufflation, using distilled water and a clean eye dropper. This should mitigate most risks, and in my experience liquid insufflation usually "hits" faster than dry insufflation.

Why are you people doing IM injections? I mean, what's the point besides saving a few bucks? Is the experience different in anyway or is a faster onset, without the rush from an IV injection, really worth the pain and hassle? I've missed a few shots, I guess that makes them subcutaneous injections but it always hurts like fucking hell. I would definitely choose a slower onset and pay a few bucks more not to experience that. On top of that the risk for complications such as infection and abscesses are greater.

Why do people snort drugs instead of eat them? It is all a matter of preference. You can judge from your perspective and you may well be right in 99.9% of cases. However in my case, my nose takes days to recover from snorting anything...so I prefer IM/SQ. And there really is no pain or hassle, it's a hella lot easier than IVing and no pain involved at all.

I can make my own sterile solutions with the correct concentration and even transfer and store them in a vial with (apparently) never a single case of contamination or infection, and I have seen a few vials sit around for a couple years now.

Clearly my case is not how a lot of people approach needle use in the 'recreational' drug subculture.

Plugging sounds simple in principle but it can be dangerous since unreliable bioavailability combined with the fact that you can relatively easily shove too much up your ass means that people can get frustrated and overdose. Drugs are absorbed relatively easily across the intestinal lining, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

In the best possible conditions, maybe. In practice, recreational drug injecting is way, way more dangerous than insufflation. Contamination happens even in hospitals, nobody's perfect, and chances are the average person doesn't realize how easily -- or in what situations -- it can occur. In general, the safest answer to "when do I inject drugs" is "never", though in the case of DPT it sounds pretty damn cool.

Nasally-administered drugs in a medical context are almost exclusively given as a solution of some sort; insufflation is mostly bad because it dries out the septum, and also it is bad when done with strong vasoconstrictors (cocaine, methamphetamine), which affects blood flow to the septum. If you want to use a lot of ketamine, it might be a good idea to try liquid insufflation, using distilled water and a clean eye dropper. This should mitigate most risks, and in my experience liquid insufflation usually "hits" faster than dry insufflation.

Clip the needle and you now have a great nasal sprayer that you can easily dose the appropriate amount.

I bought a bottle of plain saline nasal spray (not afrin! no medication!) and added ketamine until it was the strength I wanted. Easy to use, and I could carry it in my purse with no fear and have a spray anytime. :) I think I got the idea here on BL.

Personally, I love IV and I enjoy IM Ketamine almost as much as I love IV ketamine.. I'd choose a rig of Ketamine over any other drug, hands down. The warmth and bliss of IV ketamine with good music is indescribable*pun intended for all those who've done ketamine* The best way to sum up IV ketamine is EUPHORIC, WARM and WHAT THE FUCK!? IM is about as good but the initial rush/warmth from IV makes it better than IM, also there is no muscle/vein soreness with proper IV technique.

I don't normally advocate needles but I must be truthful, IV/IM Ketamine rules. Stay safe, stay informed.

P.S For all those new, DO NOT walk or stand up on Ketamine, especially IV and IM ROA.