• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

. did I get a dirty?

prttypeaches 27

Greenlighter
I had jst sit down clean spoon, clean filter..the only thing I didn't do was change the water n the cup I had used earlier ((like a few hrs earlier)) busted half of a R 30 up n the spoon took my clean filter on n drew it up...I always check the end of my needle to make shure there is no cotton on it ((don't knw where to get wheel filters)) I tied off Im a hand shooter now ((can't go any outher place but there & my feet)) anyway..I hit & reg...losen the Tie and did it...not 5 sec after I hit myself my heart began to race really fast...started to feel cold come over Me and got really shakey..after about 15 or 20 mins I starts to feel kinda back to normal..besides bring shook up from Wht happn...so I drew my 2nd up re washed the spoon got a new filter..squirted it back into the spoon & re drew it up..my question is...did I get a dirty? Or was it Me coming close to a od..? & is it safe for Me to do the 2nd shot now or should I jst get rid of it and start over new?? Plz any ancers I be thankful for.

This doesn't belong here in DiTM.
I will move it for you, but please read the DiTM guidelines before posting here next time.

Thank u...Im very very sorry..I'm new to all of this..really. Can u tell Me where it will be? So I can see wht ppl have to say..I'm not good with things like this.

If you insist on injecting pills, you really need to invest in micron filters especially since you're using the delicate veins in your hand. Using clean cotton and water each time isn't enough and by your description it sounds like you may have injected some particles that gave you the shakes. That's a big symptom of cotton fever but it usually lasts more than 20 minutes, so I'd say you got away easy and really I would quit while you're ahead.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble ...lol, but trust me don't shoot it's worth it just to be a lil more expensive and snort than to put your health at such a great risk. You get basically the same high, if your tolerance is too high please take a break for your own good. I've shot heroin many times and gone back to snorting.

Iv been shooting for over a year now..but I have recently started on subs..I only do the pills way every now & then Iv came along way from where I used to be trust Me. And I hv had alot of diff things happn to Me while doing all this ((cotton fever, sickness, missing, blowouts..ect ect..this wasn't cotton fever...& if I knew where to find when filters I wld spend the money to do it right..but I don't..I live in a place where Iv never even seen a wheel filter in person due to every1 using cottons. But thank you all for taking the time to speak with Me.

I've gotten infections from shooting pills. Believe it or not the painful bumps are from missing the vein. The naloxone & also probably buprenorphine in suboxone will block the full high for at least 24hrs. Just try snorting again when your off for a while. I'm on suboxone too.

It's not hard at all to find proper filters, try google. If you have been through all this why bother asking if we think you got a dirty shot then?

Honestly I think you're better off snorting heroin than shooting pills. You get a lot more opiate (opioid) for your money with heroin & you'll get a longer high from snorting. I get the same high from snorting as I did from shooting way back, for real.

Last edited:
Honestly I think you're better off snorting heroin than shooting pills. You get a lot more opiate (opioid) for your money with heroin & you'll get a longer high from snorting. I get the same high from snorting as I did from shooting way back, for real.

But do you know that the H you were shooting back then wasn't much weaker than the H you're snorting right now.

In the name of harm reduction, we shouldn't advise people to use heroin.

The OP already stated they are on Suboxone.