• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I am an addict

Wrousegators

Greenlighter
I have been on opiates for almost two years now. I always switch out my drugs and do hydrocodone a for a while then roxie 30s then for a week I will eat fentanyl patches then I switch to methadone. For the past two weeks I have been popping about four 7.5 hydros a day. I want to quit I took 3 today and I want to get down to one by Wednesday and just quit. What should I expect? How bad is it going to be? I have some xanex and clonipin and immodium ad for the withdrawls. How long will they last? Thanks for your help. I really need some support this will be my first time detoxing I hate not knowing.

It will be shit, but 30mg of hydrocodone a day isn't a huge amount. If you do a short taper then use the benzos for a couple of days afterwards (but NO MORE!) it's not going to be that bad.

The thought of it will probably be worse than it actually is at that dose. Make sure you have a week or so lined up where you have no commitments and just do it. Withdrawal from a small oral dose like that with benzos to cover it will be minimal. The biggest factor you should be concerned with is the psychological side of things rather than the physical IMO, as you obviously have some sort of addictive tendencies. You need to be planning for how you are going to fill the void left by the drugs.

^^Agreed.

Another thing that will help if you start to feel too crappy is loperamide, 20mg or so (start with 20)... it's what's in Immodium, it's an opiate that doesn't cross the BBB, but does fill opiate receptors in your body, which helps quite significantly with the creepy crawlies, running nose, yawns, teary eyes, etc. However don't use it more than a few times and don't keep using it because it can develop its own addiction. It's a really great helper when used properly for withdrawal.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I already have some immodium ad pill and liquid form and some xanex and endless supply of clonipin and a few people who are supporting me

I've got a couple weeks clean off a habit almost just like yours. I'll tell u....stock up on some Imodium for the digestive issues, some type of benzo for the anxiety and restless legs, ibuprofen and if i had to do it again (which i might...) I might look into some type of antihistamine because i cant seem to stop sneezing (weird). And Ill tell you its not fun to sneeze like 8 times in a row and almost shit yourself. The withdrawal is probably gonna suck a little. But it'll pass and then you'll feel pretty awesome :) and free...

Good luck..feel free to message me if u need an ear

Hey Wg and welcome to Bluelight. You would also likely benefit from the addition of neurontin or lyrica. This can be really helpful with the acute withdrawal. When we tapper we should take into account the half life of the drug. So I would consider dropping your tapper every four or five days. If we dont do this then we feal pretty good the first couple of days but as the half lives start to eliminate and catch up in addition to the continuing tapper we can start to feal really rough really quick. Its also good to remember that the acutes are just the first battle and most people end up dealing with PAWS. Its a good idea to become familiar with possible symptoms and come up with a strong plan to deal with these.

medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?
Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal
PAWS LINKS
Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)
Post Acute Withdrawal (PAW) Excerpted From “Staying Sober” By: Terence T. Gorski
Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome Wiki
Exercise and Mood

Chemicals and supplements to recover from opiate addiction
Managing depressive thinking

it is a powerful thing to keep our thoughts possitive and here are some threads many of us use to help us do this.
Good things about being off drugs/getting sober
Share something POSITIVE from your day!
Today I Am Thankful For... Ver. 3: Earth, Wind and Fire!
Here is the mindfulness thread.

You can do this:)

Loads of great info there.

Personally I wouldn't drop every four or five days though, I would drop every day and just get it done in a week or so rather than prolonging the agony. Tapering down from that level to zero in a week is going to be pretty much painless for most people esp with the help of other meds and benzos. That's just my opinion though, different speeds work best for different people. The most comfortable detox I have done was in treatment and I was using a gram or so of smack IV daily when I went in. I started on 480mg of dihydrocodeine, 80 mg of chlorodiazepoxide and 10mg of temazepam for sleep in the evening and reduced to nothing in eight days. It was pretty painless and I was out and about doing group therapy, activities, cooking, 12 step meetings every day. I would rather that than do it over a long period personally but that's just my experience.

It might seem like a nasty prospect (and it is) at the moment, but the staying clean is likely to be harder than getting clean.

Do you have any sort of support network in place? How are you going to cope with the flood of emotions you will get when you're first clean? Start considering the psychological side of things earlier rather than later otherwise chances are this might not be the only time you face a detox. Found that out the hard way myself, still trying to get it worked out for myself.

It'll be a bitch, but short because you already take a relatively low dose. I can tell you from almost twenty years experience that now's the time to quit because you'll start to have your tolerence increase more and more until eating pills doesn't do it anymore. From what I've seen the people who stop before they move on to harder dope and iv administation have a much better chance of staying clean. Good luck and welcome to bluelight.;)

I'm a joke. I feel bad..... I'm headed to get patches now. I hate it man I felt so bad today. I tried not too take anything this morning it worked til now

Throw them in the bin and be proud of yourself for not paying money towards your own death.

If you do use them don't think of yourself as being a joke though, beating opiate addiction is no easy thing, I've been trying seriously for a good few years now. Beating yourself up is only going to add to the reasons in your head for using.

I've been through detoxes where I've caved multiple times during the course of doing it and got there eventually. Stick at it, keep in the front of your mind which way you want to be headed.

Lapsing during the course of a detox certainly doesn't make you a joke, get that thought out of your head immediately.

Dont worry to much about it!!..its going to take a few times and you will learn about what triggers you and how to deal/cope with all of them in due time the important thing is u made the decision to attempt sobriety.Its a reflex u have to break in when u get angry/depressed/bored Try not to be impulsive and keep your eye on the big picture of getting clean and not just feeling good for a few hours.

Ive been where u are trust me its going to take every bit of will power u can find but if u can do this,u can do pretty much do anything..stay strong!! with addiction you are in a battle with your own mind and it knows exactly how to get what it wants and a master manipulator. Good luck!!

I have been on opiates for almost two years now. I always switch out my drugs and do hydrocodone a for a while then roxie 30s then for a week I will eat fentanyl patches then I switch to methadone. For the past two weeks I have been popping about four 7.5 hydros a day. I want to quit I took 3 today and I want to get down to one by Wednesday and just quit. What should I expect? How bad is it going to be? I have some xanex and clonipin and immodium ad for the withdrawls. How long will they last? Thanks for your help. I really need some support this will be my first time detoxing I hate not knowing.

Wrouse,
Are you a purely recreational user? Or did you start because of a pain condition?

Keep us posted on how your doing bro, I'm going through the same thing right now except about half the time of the addiction with about 120mg oxy sniffed and oral a day and we can beat this! Hope everything is good stay strong u can do it!

Doing ok, I have been on Roxie's past few days about 50mg a day. I want to quit it's in my mind. I'm just scared as hell,

Gabapentin works well for withdrawal and is generally much safer all around than benzos, but agreed ^^ it shouldn't be too bad. Just eat well and pamper yourself. And exercise! One or 2 brisk walks a day is all you'll need at this point. Even just getting outside should help.