• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and klonopin

ReptilianBitch

Greenlighter
Has anyone taken benzos and weed together? I take 0.5 mg klonopin every night and got some weed yesterday and was planning on smoking it tonight about an hour after I take the klonopin, will they interact at all? Will I feel both affects? I don't really smoke weed a whole lot in general but my mom's boyfriend wanted me to start smoking pot in hopes that I'll never fuck with meth again lol so he gave me some yesterday and said I could buy from him anytime.
But anyway, just general info and experiences from benzos/weed is what I'm looking for. Sorry if this is the wrong thread. My topics have been moved around a lot (still figuring it out). Haha
Also, does weed help with anxiety at all?

Weed can induce anxiety in some, while for others it has a strong anxiolytic effect. This will depend on a number of factors and is pretty hard to predict if you yourself don't know.
You're taking the clonazepam though, so that should get rid of any possible anxiety and make it more of a relaxing experience. Just be careful with benzos addictive nature, because it really creeps up on you and before you know it you can't enjoy weed without a benzo anymore.

So yeah, it is a nice combo. I've done it lots of times, and it can be great. Since getting off benzos I must say I've had a few times where smoking weed would induce anxiety in me, eventhough I had never gotten anxious from weed by itsself before I first started taking benzos.

Are you serious? a half even without a tolerance and then sum weed ull be fine. Clonazepam aint that damn strong. Just don't smoke too much if you're that worried about, maybe start with just a hit or two a and see how it goes.But wait what? Don't smoke weed just because somone else wants you to. That should be your choice.

Also remember if you are going to take it that Clonazepam has a lot longer half life than say Alprazolam(xanax) so you will feel effects for longer.

Weed doesnt usually relax me but I noticed that being high on top of a few benzos does makes me feel light and chill. Good combo and no more dangerous than benzos alone.

Are you serious? a half even without a tolerance and then sum weed ull be fine. Clonazepam aint that damn strong. Just don't smoke too much if you're that worried about, maybe start with just a hit or two a and see how it goes.But wait what? Don't smoke weed just because somone else wants you to. That should be your choice.

We should be happy she's serious. I'd rather inexperienced users err on the side of caution rather than "Let's just try it and see what happens." You're totally right, though, .5mg clonazepam + weed should turn into a pretty safe, mellow combination.

Has anyone taken benzos and weed together? I take 0.5 mg klonopin every night and got some weed yesterday and was planning on smoking it tonight about an hour after I take the klonopin, will they interact at all? Will I feel both affects? I don't really smoke weed a whole lot in general but my mom's boyfriend wanted me to start smoking pot in hopes that I'll never fuck with meth again lol so he gave me some yesterday and said I could buy from him anytime.
But anyway, just general info and experiences from benzos/weed is what I'm looking for. Sorry if this is the wrong thread. My topics have been moved around a lot (still figuring it out). Haha
Also, does weed help with anxiety at all?

There's definitely a noticeable synergy when you combine a benzodiazepine with weed. For most people, it turns into a mellow, "slow," stoned kind of high. Easy to fall asleep without even realizing it.

A lot of people notice that benzo's tend to dull the more psychedelic effects of a weed high. I agree, but I smoke weed to get high, not to get all spiritual and introspective and shit so it doesn't bother me a bit.

My benzo' experiences are all over this damn forum so I'm not going to go into them here. I'll just say that alprazolam, cannabis and alcohol has been my favorite chemical cocktail for nearly a decade now.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right. If you've never taken a substance or type of substances(in this case benzos) it's best to do your research first and not just jump in.

Thanks again for the responses everyone, I actually never got around to trying it but I still plan on smoking and taking the klonopin around the same time one of these nights. I appreciate the answers and info!
RDP89 - Yeah, I might've come off as kind of an idiot but would rather ask people with experience then just try and google it. I figured it wasn't dangerous at all, was just curious about what to expect.

Mmmm benzos and weed :) My advice to you is to save it til the evening and make up a comfy, warm place to sleep with lots of pillows and blankets. Get a movie ready to go with your favorite beverage (maybe a snack) and take your Klonopin before getting in to a hot shower. Smoke your bowl once you get out of the shower so you don't waste your high and melt into your bed. This is my all time favorite.

Hi I have taken klonopin/xanax while smoking weed many times.. and I think it feels amazing. If your drinking too you might get a little more drowsy but I always have a hell of a time. Have fun & stay away from that meth!

I took klonopin for many years. Weed + benzos makes the high last shorter, and a higher dosage, to get where you want.

IMO the combination feels more like a smartdrug or desinger drug. Something along those lines. Possibly analogous to a candyflip in comparison to mdma or lsd alone. The more classic, a little sketch, paranoid, burnout stoner vibe of pot alone, isn't really there with the benzo. Its more bubbly. But at the same time, its twice as intoxicating, just more in a drug way, than a psycedlic way.

I come.to this conclusion from benzo/herb daily, and herb daily no benzos, both for a handful of years; and about equal amount of time each.
But anyway. Be careful with benzos. After a few years it turns sour. Good luck.

I took klonopin for many years. Weed + benzos makes the high last shorter, and a higher dosage, to get where you want.

IMO the combination feels more like a smartdrug or desinger drug. Something along those lines. Possibly analogous to a candyflip in comparison to mdma or lsd alone. The more classic, a little sketch, paranoid, burnout stoner vibe of pot alone, isn't really there with the benzo. Its more bubbly. But at the same time, its twice as intoxicating, just more in a drug way, than a psycedlic way.

I come.to this conclusion from benzo/herb daily, and herb daily no benzos, both for a handful of years; and about equal amount of time each.
But anyway. Be careful with benzos. After a few years it turns sour. Good luck.

I agree completely. I prefer weed without benzos, I mostly think I get dizzy and dissociated otherwise. However, weed+alcohol is great. When I was addicted to benzos I found I could only get high a few times a week really, tolerance was always through the roof even though I was smoking less. It's the same now when I have started taking gabapentin daily, it really frustrates me.

I like the combination of a small amount of benzos with weed! I can smoke a bit more than usual and get more of a euphoric high, I always get the best sleep afterwards too :p.