• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS so shameful just cant seem to stop myself

megawoof

Bluelighter
already a polydrug user as in heroin use most days plus my methadone script and few other things besides now n again benzos and cocaine use which is problematic
at the best of times but 3 weeks ago a friend came to stay and introduced me to injecting mcat from the first hit i was totally hooked on the insane rush n stuff
it is very cheap a hit but cant get enuff comes to mind with this substance for me so now im spending hundreds of pounds sterling a week on it
it seriously affecting my financial health but more seriously my mental health as when on it im ashamed to say im a total sexual deviant like a sex obsessed maniac
it causing so much trouble with my partner and other activities its leading me to do
dont think it physical addiction just pure mental torture one just cant stop myself doing it feel mint but totally ashamed of myself all the time just dont know how to stop really?

Hey ! I don't know what else to say, except things you probably already know.
If you feel shameful, it's like a perpetuating cycle. Don't spend your time going over all the ways that you are failing. By kind to yourself...not like oh poor me, let's get another hit...but more like keep fighting. Realize the monster that gets you to do these things isn't really who you are. You have a choice. I know it's not an easy thing to choose not to but...you are more than capable of defeating the urges and claiming back the bright life that is your birth right.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the first step is simply to make the decision not to use. You might be able to do that now, or it might take until it isn't working for you anymore and just isn't fun.

For me it takes until I reach emotional destitution to stop but it doesn't have to be that way. With something like injecting stims the cravings disappear pretty quickly unless it's a long term entrenched habit, which yours isn't yet.

Throw away all your injecting supplies, delete your contact numbers, don't answer the phone to anyone who might offer it to you. If you can do these things you're probably ready to stop using and wont have to reach destitution. If you're not prepared to do those things, it will probably take more damage until you are ready to stop. Write down a list of the pross and cons of using, and the pros and cons of not using. Then write down next to each item whether it is a long term thing or a short term thing. It might help you to make the decision.

Really it's down to you to take the first step though, good luck.

One con of IV stimulant use is they are more damaging due to their peripheral vasco-constriction.