• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Palcohol???

Kid Amine

Bluelighter
Is this stuff for real? It's powdered alcohol, scheduled to start sales in the US later this year. Here's a link:

http://www.wftv.com/news/lifestyles...nt_internallink_relatedcontent_2014_partners3

I can only imagine that this stuff is akin to the GBL+water=GHB reaction, but with the final product as alcohol, as ethanol is not a solid at room temperature, and even 200 proof spirits would only reduce 60% the volume of 80 proof, and definitely NOT be a powder that could be stored in a Kool-Aid sized pack at anywhere near room temperature, even commercial freezers wouldnt work. Ethanol is C2H5OH, water is H20, Palcohol is about 50% alcohol by weight (70% by volume) so the powder must be C2H3O or something close. I googled it, got C2H3O2, which is acetate ion. Anyway, not looking for a synth here, just some thoughts on if this stuff might be good, if it's currently legal (or available) anywhere, trip reports, experiences, etc.

I read about this too. Apparently the manufacturer even commented that it can be snorted. Seems so outlandish if it is real.

Whenever i hear "powdered alcohol" the first chemical that pops in my head is phenprobamate for some reason lol.
I'd like to see someone compare the two if one has tried both.

Considering it's not even being sold yet, I think you shouldn't hold your breath. One would be able to learn more from their patent application as soon as they publish a number anyway.

Maybe they're trying to bring back paraldehyde.

I read about this too. Apparently the manufacturer even commented that it can be snorted. Seems so outlandish if it is real.

Lol that's how they are trying to push this product onto people by telling us we can snort it. Gee alcohol that can be snorted thats really gonna help out society. Why would you want to have it powdered why not drink it I don't understand why not buy a bottle instead of mixing it yourself what's the benefit besides being snortable lol something else for kids to put up their nose

Lol that's how they are trying to push this product onto people by telling us we can snort it. Gee alcohol that can be snorted thats really gonna help out society. Why would you want to have it powdered why not drink it I don't understand why not buy a bottle instead of mixing it yourself what's the benefit besides being snortable lol something else for kids to put up their nose

Storage is an important factor to consider. You could probably fit far more palcohol on your shelf than alcohol.

Lol oh yea I didn't think of that for the real alcoholics who are running out of room in their liquor cabinet ha

this stuff sounds super dangerous but kinda fun but like if it does hit shelves I give it like 12 hours before the news outlets start a death tally
but I cant wait to try it
also in the article they talk a lot about adding it to food which just seems strange but... I guess it would be like getting drunk off an edible

As a recovering alcoholic I would simply figure out the amount needed to get drunk. Fuck mixing it with shit I have to drink. Just parachute it like any other powder I take.

Thank GOD I've sworn off alcohol for life. This would truly be the death of me. Being able to capsule up booze? It will be interesting if this does hit the shelves. I forget the RC, but there's already an analog ethanol or alcohol RC out. But THAT is sold NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. I don't see how the makers of this think the industry is going to accept it, nor will the government allow sales of it.

you guys think making alcohol into a powder will cause more people to take too much?

pretty sure people drink way too much in liquid form anyway

I wonder what would happen if I dropped the stuff into 95% everclear?

Functionally nothing different than if you'd just drank the everclear in the first place.

This is just ~60% alcohol in powdered form.

so.. 1 gram of this powder which is about 120proof would equal how many oz of a liquid form of something 120proof?

EDIT: or a better way to put it.. how much of this to equal a 1oz shot of 120 proof alcohol?