View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lethal Dose of DXM

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey guys, at the moment there are these 300mg caps of Pure DXM going around the area. My friend told me he had ten caps a few days ago and tripped out for about 18 hours with a huge afterglow that he said he still sorta had when he saw me. He is VERY experienced in Psychedelics/Dissociative but
300 x 10 = 3000mg isn't 300mg very VERY close to the lethal dose. I mean he would probably weigh around 90-100kg (sorry don't know imperial conversion) but in my opinion he would be lucky to be alive right?

Hey guys, at the moment there are these 300mg caps of Pure DXM going around the area. My friend told me he had ten caps a few days ago and tripped out for about 18 hours with a huge afterglow that he said he still sorta had when he saw me. He is VERY experienced in Psychedelics/Dissociative but
300 x 10 = 3000mg isn't 300mg very VERY close to the lethal dose. I mean he would probably weigh around 90-100kg (sorry don't know imperial conversion) but in my opinion he would be lucky to be alive right?

In some places ld50 is believed to be around 25-30 mg/kg... and in others 50 and 500 mg/kg.
If he is really not lying, he was pretty close to death... there are reports of people dying from 25-30 but some people are less sensitive

Yeh well the thing that got me is he is kinda reckless with drugs im always telling him off I certainly don't doubt his honesty, and his gf confirmed it. I personally couldn't imagine a dose that high... and so you are saying is that people have died taking less DXM then he did?

yes, but LD50 means there is a 50% chance, so it's not impossible... there are reports of deaths with 2000mg

One of the things that probably matters a lot IMO is how much enzymes you have of the appropriate kind for metabolizing a drug like DXM and its metabolites. And also of course excretion and tolerance to things like acute hypertension (relatively sudden onset peak of blood pressure) and the extent to which the CNS (esp. the sympathomimetic system I guess) and neurotransmitter levels can handle getting tweaked.

Both experience with tolerance of side-effects of the drug, but also how well having other kinds of drugs in your system is tolerated may tell you something about the point at which you will be screwed. People with an enzyme deficiency are expected to suffer bad reactions incl. permanent damage or death at the lowest doses.
But it is incredibly unwise to try to figure out those lines where your body or mind cannot take any more.

Someone like your friend should really be told that bordering these limits is tempting fate and that if he must have such experiences there are surely other similar drugs that are considerably less harmful. Though exploring the extremes of the dosage range should probably always be considered the most risky in terms of physical or psychological complications.

Not everyone like that responds to warnings, and if not unfortunately life expectancy probably drops to zero sooner or later, even if it isn't from this particular cause.

anything above 2000mgs hbr. I take delsym and do over 2000mgs and im fine but i would never do that much hbr

His experience is likely what saved him.. He likely has a tollerance/ cross tollerance.
3 grams. Jeeze
I imagen somewhere after 1000mg you get extremely diminished returns...