• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe name brand subutex

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkgb1035

Bluelighter
next time i get my script filled i want to get the name brand subutex but i dont know what pharmacy has them.is it possible to call and ask them ? or do i request it ?

really? how come?

sinclair1948- i dont know if thers really a difference , i just wanted to try them to find out :)

They (reckitt benckiser) say because it was easier to misuse, abuse or divert, but in reality it is because the generic came out. They pulled the same bs with the suboxone tablets, pushing everyone over to the films.

I got a similar question - I realized certain generic brands work better than others. Can you request a specific brand from a pharmacy or does it raise a red flag? Also do pharmacy's automatically do a database search for all bupe scripts? I may try diff pharm's until I get the brand I like but want to avoid any inquisition or awkward moments. One last question - do sub dr's register specific patients by name? I saw that each dr is limited to 100 patients. Wondering what kind of records are out there.

I think the moderators will balk at brand discussion, but to answer, yes you can ask for brands. Certain pharmacies may be either unable or unwilling to order for different reasons. Does it raise red flags? For bupe, probably not. They taste and feel different in the mouth, but activity should be the same. And while it is recommended and good practice, not all pharmacies look up each controlled rx.

There was a thread recently around here about buprenorphine compounding products (in a jelly form) that was pretty much subutex (no naloxone).

they do still make subutex. well they did when i was still on a script about 4 months ago. i used to get them to order in subutex brand instead of the generic buprenorphine tablets. i just said to the pharmacy and to my key worker that the non subutex brand made me sick loads. surprised they actually listened to me tbh but hey, they r def still about. well they r in the UK

they do still make subutex. well they did when i was still on a script about 4 months ago. i used to get them to order in subutex brand instead of the generic buprenorphine tablets. i just said to the pharmacy and to my key worker that the non subutex brand made me sick loads. surprised they actually listened to me tbh but hey, they r def still about. well they r in the UK

Walgreens only lists generics, may be by location.

(Dosage Forms

BUPRENORPHINE 2MG SL TABLETS
BUPRENORPHINE 8MG SL TABLETS)

I'm certain they do still MAKE it whether or not they import it to your country from the UK is the question. They still have it in Canada along with the old white stop sign name brand suboxone tablets. I now take the suboxone tablets instead of subutex and they work good no nasty orange colouring in the pills like those ones I see in the US either. We don't have the strips either I've never seen a single strip before. Same with generics we don't have that yet.

But its usually not that big of a eyebrow raiser in the pharmacy when you ask if they have the name brands. They don't usually stop and go oooh he must not want generics because of the water soluble particles that are in the generics! Call the cops he's gonna inject these directly into his blood stream!!! Haha they are used to it I used to ask for name brand dilaudid at the pharmacy no questions asked it a common thing sometimes generics don't work as good as the name brand yet or the person is used to the name brand and doesn't want to switch I mean its their choice what they want if they have it, its the same active ingredients in each that's all the pharmacist knows and if they don't have the name brand at that pharmacy then keep trying around different ones there must be one out in the states? Who knows mabye they don't bring it to the states anymore or mabye they wana cheap out and use only generics.

Last edited:
Definitely still available in the UK and across Europe, just took my daily dose of three of these:

13927453401_0091f7b4a3.jpg

Usually I get given either the Teva or Actavis generics though (I'm away from my usual chemist). If you have a script you can generally request the branded version if you want, but it might cut down the choice of pharmacies you can pick up from. The branded subbies dissolve much quicker than the generics.

The films sound good tbh, if they were available in the UK I would ask for them. As it is at the moment I have 45 minutes to an hour everyday where I have a mouthful of dissolving pills and then saliva filled with bupe that I can't swallow due to the oral bioavailability of zero. A film sounds like a much more effective route of admin.

Last edited:
yer thos r the fuckers. they were switching between those ones above (you have to peel them open) and the branded subutex with the newer packaging that are just regular blister packs. most likely because I'm in the UK tho as said above!

Yeah, I guess I should have prefaced that with in the US. I do not know what goes on in Europe.

Definitely still available in the UK and across Europe, just took my daily dose of three of these:

13927453401_0091f7b4a3.jpg

Usually I get given either the Teva or Actavis generics though (I'm away from my usual chemist). If you have a script you can generally request the branded version if you want, but it might cut down the choice of pharmacies you can pick up from. The branded subbies dissolve much quicker than the generics.

The films sound good tbh, if they were available in the UK I would ask for them. As it is at the moment I have 45 minutes to an hour everyday where I have a mouthful of dissolving pills and then saliva filled with bupe that I can't swallow due to the oral bioavailability of zero. A film sounds like a much more effective route of admin.

Holy shit did you say an hour??? That's fast??? I can't imagine being like that for an hour how do you talk to a anybody just drool everywhere Haha why not spit the saliva out when it builds up. I get the white suboxone tablets they dissolve slow too about half hour for a whole 8 mg I thought that was long. Now it only takes 2mins Max with each dose I take .5mgs

You take 3 of those 8mg a day holy shit. Makes me cringe thinking about taking that much bupe in a day I could imagine my bowels just giving up lol its like doing a quarter ounce of heroin a day can't think that would be very pleasant feeling when you don't get the high only the side effects. You must be a sucker for punishment lol. I like sticking to half a mg 4 times a day so I can get a little buzz and pain relief going each time I dose since it only works on pain for the first 4 hours. High doses completely block any euphoria or pain relief from the bupe. I did need a whole 8 mg pill at first though coming off about a 8ball of heroin a day most people do need high doses at first but you can work your way down fast cause its not like 16mgs is gonna give you a better feeling than 8mg will, bupe just doesn't work that way.
Strong stuff when people get it prescribed for pain not addiction they get given 0.2 mgs every 4 hours and that way it works like a full agonist. Just something to think about you could lower your side effects down big time by taking lower doses. All I had to do was take it twice a day and I went from 8 mgs once a day to 2 mgs twice a day overnight. People with a fast metabolism need to dose twice a day to avoid ridiculously high doses of unnecessary bupe that only causes side effects and make you feel like crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.