• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

could i smoke roxie 30's out of a meth pipe

No and this is a waste of the opioid as well as very detrimental to your health. I don't like advocating intravenous use, but I feel shooting these is a safer alternative to smoking them ASSUMING YOU PRACTICE GOOD IV TECHNIQUE USING A MICRON FILTER.

No and this is a waste of the opioid as well as very detrimental to your health. I don't like advocating intravenous use, but I feel shooting these is a safer alternative to smoking them ASSUMING YOU PRACTICE GOOD IV TECHNIQUE USING A MICRON FILTER.

^ Exactly this.

Someone please enlighten me what the big deal about smoking oxy's is all about! I've been hearing about it more and more lately. The most recent was actually a week ago, I was with some people smoking weed when I decided to go in another room so I could do my oxy. When I got back, one dude told me I was wasting my oxy by snorting it and that I should smoke it for a better high... I was at a loss of words of what to say I was so surprised. Seems like the dumbest thing in the world to me, I'd rather IV an oxy than ever smoke one.

No doubt guys. You are clearly dealing with some dense individuals if they are questioning you for snorting over smoking. I too would IV before smoking it, but I wouldn't do either.I know many people who do/have done oxy and never heard of anyone smoking them. I snorted them when I did them, I would say its about 90% of peoplw I now who do them will snort them, the other 10% eat or shoot.

It makes no sense to smoke them, its like smoking east coast powder H. you are going to lose a ton in the smoke you lose, I a not sure what the absoroption rate is thru inhalation, and it woudl seem to be much less healthy, I wold think smoking oxys is even worse than smoking ECP, but that probably is a matter of the cut.

yeah i too dont get people smokin pills, sounds like a smoke fixation/fetishi don't know, whatever. but i'm with you dude, smokin a pill seems like a complete waste, i doubt someone could even get high from it

If it was pure oxycodone base, it MIGHT be possible to vaporize it, but even then, there's no telling what health problems it could cause. The fact that it's a salt (in this case, hydrochloride to be exact) renders smoking it a completely unviable RoA - not to mention the amount of lost product from inhaling it through a straw off of foil; that on top of the fact that your inhaling all the fillers/binders in the pill makes it even more hazardous to your health.

I am searching around for the answer towhy a good friend of mine, who IVs heroin, swears by smoking oxycodone.

Maybe it is a placebo thing he is getting, I can't figure it out because science is science.

Although I will probably test the theory next time I have some oxy.
Just to make sure I am not missing anything...

JUST EAT EM!! Why would anyone want to smoke these pills?
The absorption rate is 80%+ oral and lasts longer. Oxy IR's only last about 3 hours tops with the 1st hour being the best when the high kicks in. A slower type of rush but much better when you add the fact that smoking it the high is like 15 minutes and not even as strong.

Before started using heroin I used to love roxies. I have never smoked one, and I agree with all the above, dumb thing to do.

I used to crush them up, dissolve them in a small amount of orange juice, and down the hatch.

The oj covers up the bitter taste nicely, and on an empty stomach it'll hit fast and hard. For me it was faster than snorting, and because oral has a higher bioavailability and lasts longer than snorting I considered my method hands down better than snorting.

I love smoking my black tar, but that's what it's made for. I'd rather stick a whole 30mg pill up my butt without breaking it up or dissolving it before I smoked it. Waste of money, waste of drugs, waste of time and waste of your lungs. Everything's getting wasted except the idiot smoking pills.

Sure why not I've done it before. You waste more as you can't control how much heat hits it at once like you can when using tinfoil.

To everyone that says smoking oxy is not possible you have never tried it. That's how its done all over Canada not so much now heroin is all the rage now but when the old OCs were out and all over the place they smoked better than heroin on foil just perfectly slid down the foil back and forth. Very effective and hits quick but doesn't last very long. Gets expensive I find its like the difference between smoking crack and snorting coke.
An oxy 80 tastes wonderful I swear whoever made those pills made them for smoking the way the turned golden yellow/brown and slid down the foil and gave off this sweet smell along with a great taste that beats the taste of heroin. I never wasted any as I'm very good at smoking off foil.
To everybody that says it only kills you and doesn't get you high then try smoking a 40 and say it doesn't work and as for being bad well yea NEWSFLASH people drugs are bad! Huhhh who would a thought lol I guess slamming them without micron filtering, snorting crushed up pills through your sinus cavity, eating them till your liver fails and shoving them up your butt are all good for you okay then better to do that and keep our lungs clean. Sure you have some downsides like any other ROA like coughing up shit but its no different then people who smoke crack or Meth or even heroin everyday. The oxycontins are close to pure oxycodone the fillers they put in them vaporised perfectly and were smooth as can be on the lungs in fact smoking pot is harsher feeling on the lungs while smoking it.
Don't disregard something completely before you know the facts

Last edited:
If it was pure oxycodone base, it MIGHT be possible to vaporize it, but even then, there's no telling what health problems it could cause. The fact that it's a salt (in this case, hydrochloride to be exact) renders smoking it a completely unviable RoA - not to mention the amount of lost product from inhaling it through a straw off of foil; that on top of the fact that your inhaling all the fillers/binders in the pill makes it even more hazardous to your health.

Haha okay that's why so many addicts smoke their oxy to get well and get high everyday and continue to. They just waste their money on nothing and choose an ROA for the drug they need so badly to function that produces no effects for them whatsoever okay then.

I suppose I deserve some of that because I did use the word idiot, and I have not personally smoked pills, so I don't have first hand experience. So I apologize for being or at least sounding judgemental.

But here's the thing. Oxycodone hcl IS a salt, and I've always operated under the assumption that drugs can't be smoked in their salt form, which is why cocaine (also a hydrochloride form as powder) has to be freebased (converted into crack) before it can be smoked. And everyone I've ever known personally to smoke pills has been... pretty much a bunch of idiots that were constantly drinking, snorting, smoking, shooting and pretty much every conceivable method to ingest anything and everything they could beg borrow or steal from their drug addicted parents, and always had so many drugs in their system at any given moment that they wouldn't be able to tell if they were getting off or not.

But I've looked into it more here and elsewhere on the net, and apparently people are getting off that way. I'm still confused as to how that's possible, though. Does anyone out there have any science on this? Is there something in the filler that converts the hcl into a base like baking soda in a cocaine foily? Or is my assumption that not all salts are unsmokable just incorrect?

Last edited:
Methamphetamine HCL is a salt and smokes just fine, it depends on the chemical. I find it hard to believe the fillers and binders vaporize cleanly but I suppose it is possible.

Yea I'm no scientist but all I know is some drugs can smoke in that form just fine and others such as coke cannot.(well now that I think of it coke does smoke still it just isn't all that effective and looks and tastes like burning plastic) Now you cant smoke a pill that has apap in it those dont run on foil and that would be a very dumb thing to do ill admit that but the oxycontins dont have apap they are close to pure oxycodone and Oxycodone is very heat sensitive it reacts a certain way to heat turning golden right away And vaporising perfectly whatever fillers they use burn fine. Its not being smoked either per say its being heated up and vaped so that could play a part.
I just hate hearing so many people writing it off right away without ever trying it and saying whoever has done it is an idiot. Most of my friends refuse to snort a pill and would only think about smoking one. I on the other hand never did prefer it I like to snort or slam for the longer duration but I am an addict and smoking a pill does do the trick for melike every other ROA it has its benefits and its negatives. I've done it quite a few times it tastes really good too better than heroin. I will admit its not good for the lungs prob worse than heroin as the oxys do have fillers in them despite them vaporising on foil fine. That's why I never made a habit out of it all the people I know who did it all day everyday for years are coughing up black crap.

All I know you can smoke any oxy without apap in it even the new gel OP/ON(Canadian OP) tablets can be smoked and run the same way the gel just burns up the throat so after 2 tokes you are hacking up a lung. You don't see the old oxycontins very often anymore but they do have Roxi 30s still which smoke still and many other apap free brands that do.
Oxy is the only pill that smokes on foil like heroin any other pill won't even budge on foil or burn properly its as if those oxycontins were made specifically to smoke like heroin is smoked cause they do burn and vaporise all those fillers no problem at all and run the same as heroin does. No other opiate painkiller or any other pill I've come across can do that. I see why the speculation smoking any other r pill is retarded I would call you an idiot myself if you were smoking morphine or diladid but oxycodone is a viable candidate for vaporising and a very effective ROA.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with you on the detrimental to health but as far as a waste, I have seen people completely sober smoke one and trust me they get pretty damn high. Granted it doesn't last as long as other ROA's but it definitely works.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if big pharma did make oxycodone to smoke intentionally. I'm sure they are aware of how widely abused they are and of the overlap between their customer base and users of street heroin. It's kind of insidious really.

Smoking oxy is a total waste, I've seen people do it and get fucked up, but they were opiate naive and once I convinced one of them it would be better to eat/snort(roxy 30s) them he ate one, snorted the other, having only smoked one prior to me explaining it to him, and ended up puking for hours, but in a normal night he would smoke like 4-6 and be fine.

Smoking oxy is a total waste, I've seen people do it and get fucked up, but they were opiate naive and once I convinced one of them it would be better to eat/snort(roxy 30s) them he ate one, snorted the other, having only smoked one prior to me explaining it to him, and ended up puking for hours, but in a normal night he would smoke like 4-6 and be fine.

He doesn't know how to smoke then. You don't have to be opiate naive it still works for others who are addicted like me.

I personally never smoked roxies or heroin... but to each its own. Here is why you CANNOT smoke it out of a meth pipe. My guess is you think since you can smoke meth on tinfoil ("float a boat") that you could smoke roxies. But if you have done both, you would know why thats not possible.

See with meth, you glide the stuff back and forth tippin it diff directions, but over the same spot. With roxies/heroin... when you smoke it on tin foil u glide it in zig zags. You cant smoke it off the same spot or you would just burn it up. (I believe you can glide over a previous line but across it, not down the same line)

So with a methpipe, it would stay gliding over the same spot. Therefore completely wasting the product. See meth becomes a liquid which is why you can move it so easily. However, the roxie just burns and leaves behind a crusty black line. Thus makin it impossible to smoke it in a pipe.