Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The most enlightening psychedelic drug?

Trying2Iso

Bluelighter
I figured it would be DMT because it's the most powerful
But then again how much can you learn in 8 minutes?
So maybe LSD
From my experiences with Psilocybin i'd say it's definitely not that...

By enlightening i mean Introspective type like learning about yourself and changing yourself

Take DMT orally then - then it lasts a couple of hours. I've always found psilocybin and oral DMT let you get deeper into your emotions, nicer bodyhigh too.

Take DMT orally then - then it lasts a couple of hours. I've always found psilocybin and oral DMT let you get deeper into your emotions, nicer bodyhigh too.

Yes, I agree 100%.
Although not as "deep" as oral, IM DMT can also be a useful tool as it gives you an hour or so to experience the ether.

any tryptamine i think (this is assuming LSD is a tryptamine, I've also heard that it's a phenethylamine)...from there it's just set and setting.

I gotta go with 4-AcO-DMT or LSD. LSD is the better of the two, but LSD is far more variable in my experience, while 4-AcO-DMT pretty much always puts me in that enlightened state (unless it goes bad), though 4-AcO-DMT is rougher than LSD as well.

Also, TruffulaTree, LSD is actually sort of both a tryptamine & phenethylamine. It's an ergoloid, which means that both the tryptamine & phenethylamine "skeletons" are in it's chemical structure- though I think the tryptamine is the "base" (don't quote me on this, I'm certain there are many on here who could describe it far more accurately). Personally I'd say LSD is like the best of both the tryptamines & phenethylamines rolled into one, which is part of why it's my favorite psychedelic.

Last edited:
They all are enlightening taken in the right time and place. Personally speaking, ibogaine, LSD, IMed 5-MeO-DMT, and 2C-T-7 are probably my top picks.

'Englightenment' isn't really about the substance taken in isolation but rather is about the capability of your particular neural circuitry to lock into configurations of activity otherwise difficult to reach sans some catalyst; no substance really reliable produces ++++ experiences.

ebola

SWIM (at Burning Man) smoked DMT while on LSD. He went missing for about 24 hours, leaving behind clues of his whereabouts on occasion. When I finally tracked him down and asked where he had been, he told me that he "spent a long time walking on the dot of an exclamation point." That seems like a pretty enlightening experience!

'Englightenment' isn't really about the substance taken in isolation but rather is about the capability of your particular neural circuitry to lock into configurations of activity otherwise difficult to reach sans some catalyst; no substance really reliable produces ++++ experiences.

ebola

Agreed! Sometimes you don't even need psychedelics. SWIM (who is involved with the Aboriginal medicine man scene) told me that his people utilize fasting to produce enlightening experiences. After 4 days without food or water, combined with drumming and chanting, he was able to enter a different realm altogether... and not rely on a exogenous chemical to keep him there...

No offense, but we don't go SWIMming on here: it affords you no legal protection.

ebola

Someone Who Isn't You sounds like an interesting dude. Maybe he outta be posting here.

Yes, I agree 100%.
Although not as "deep" as oral, IM DMT can also be a useful tool as it gives you an hour or so to experience the ether.

Does IM give you as long as an hour phuck? I thought it would be rocket ship times.

No offense, but we don't go SWIMming on here: it affords you no legal protection.

ebola

This person is legitimately someone that I randomly met, telling me a story about their experience with an extreme psychedelic combination. I am not this person.

SWIM (who is involved with the Aboriginal medicine man scene) told me that his people utilize fasting to produce enlightening experiences. After 4 days without food or water, combined with drumming and chanting, he was able to enter a different realm altogether... and not rely on a exogenous chemical to keep him there...

But people can say all kinds of things, I'm still going to remain fairly convinced tripping is more fun than going hungry and humming to myself.

Does IM give you as long as an hour phuck? I thought it would be rocket ship times.

About 45 min. Had IMed DMT @ 90mg the other day, disintegrating experience, still putting the pieces back together. Dose was a little too high I think, as I do remember all of it but the experience was so strange that my mind could process very little. Next time I'll go for 60mg.

Nothing at all like smoking it and vastly superior in every way.

yeah, 10-15 min come-up a 15- 20 min peak and another 15-20 comedown with another 30-45 min. afterglow.

About 45 min. Had IMed DMT @ 90mg the other day, disintegrating experience, still putting the pieces back together. Dose was a little too high I think, as I do remember all of it but the experience was so strange that my mind could process very little. Next time I'll go for 60mg.

Nothing at all like smoking it and vastly superior in every way.

I've been lauding IM'd DMT since I tried it for the first time. I usually start with 100-150mg and have another 100mg in the rig ready to go for a second run an hour after the first.The first run kind of blazes a trail and even if I miss parts of the first run i'll hit them again on the second go...and i'll usually go right back to where I just came from, but I'm more ready for it the second time...

MGS.... "the experience was so strange that my mind could process very little".....strange how?
Do you find it completely different from what you are used to DMT-wise?

I find that IM'd DMT takes me to a totally different place than any other ROA....when I get it right...I go to this huge...cube...of lights that all existence is emanating from and then I have to rebuild my reality...my world from scratch...this happens fairly often and I try to tweak my world a little each time I'm given the opportunity to rebuild it....weird huh???

I often wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience? the huge cube of lights and this LOUD oscillating machine-like HUMMMMmmmMMMmmmMMM...like chanting...? then reality completely dissolves and its up to you to build your world back...just so you have a world to come back to??

Last edited:
MGS.... "the experience was so strange that my mind could process very little".....strange how?
Do you find it completely different from what you are used to DMT-wise?

I find that IM'd DMT takes me to a totally different place than any other ROA....when I get it right...I go to this huge...cube...of lights that all existence is emanating from and then I have to rebuild my reality...my world from scratch...this happens fairly often and I try to tweak my world a little each time I'm given the opportunity to rebuild it....weird huh???

?

I hadn't had IMed DMT in many years, and before I was using it rather often in dosages well over 100mg...so I sorta figured 90mg was my dose but it was too much. It was strange because it's DMT man, bazaar stuff. It tends to always be full of surprises. Never a dull moment.

BTW, your description of the cube can actually describe my 90mg experience very well. There was more too it than that, I was with company and there were a lot of intense energies with me that night. Yeah, IMed DMT is the stuff. WIsh I got a change to combine it was 5-MeO-DMT that time but it wasn't in the cards.