• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methyliphenidate and alcohol, overdose concern

avery93w

Greenlighter
i weigh 170 pounds and im 6 foot 2 i took 288mg of concerta over a 4 hour period while drinking about 6 shots of 80 proof alcohoo (dumb i know) i started taking them at around 6 or 7 and took the last one at 1 a.m. its now 8a.m. and im still speeding really hard. i read that 240-300 is at risk for overdose so im kinda panicked. my heart rate is normal which is weird and kind of worries me., i was prescribed methylphenidate for 8 years so i have a higher tolerance i guess? (never abused it till last night) i guess what im asking is, am i at risk of overdosing, or would something have already happened by now? (7 hours after the last one i took) sorry for the grammatical errors, just trying to figure out if i need to seek medical attention or if i sleep it off ill be fine.

If anything alcohol would reduce the risk as long as you do not get dehydrated. For someone your size you are perfectly safe. That risk is for sensitive, light-weight people.

Ah, yes that's a pretty high dosage. If anything, you're going to get pretty dehydrated. Alcohol and Concerta isn't my favorite combination. I suggest sitting down, maybe lay down.. Take deep breaths and relax yourself. You may just ride it out if you have the tolerance. Drink a lot of water, you'll probably just pee it out. Lol
However, if you feel like your heart is racing to the extent that you're about to pass out.. It never hurts to call 911 last case scenario.

^Copying my advice, thanks.

Also, the dose you took would have worn off a bit in the time you described. The only real danger is dehydration but you are probably fine, just stop worrying and let your body break it down. The danger zone you quoted is for a dose taken all at once by a light-weight, sensitive person, like I said.

Meh, kk. Seriously though, most supposed overdoses on prescription stimulants are just anxiety. These drugs are very difficult to actually seriously harm yourself with. With Adderall, which is much stronger, unpleasant reactions can occur at doses as low as 5mg but 500mg is not necessarily fatal according to the literature.

Meh, kk. Seriously though, most supposed overdoses on prescription stimulants are just anxiety

Very true it seems like. I've taken extremely large doses myself, thought I was going to die. But I rode it out and I was fine.

I have experience with methylphenidate/alcohol combo. You'll be fine, relax, drink plenty of water and if you're still worried let someone in your household/friendly neighbor/friend etc know and have them keep track of your condition.