• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin shooting while on menthadone

Pill__Head

Bluelighter
Hey all,

So today I took 140mg methadone in the Am-ish. I now am considering shooting up a .25g or so shit in hopes to break through the Done'.
Are there any dangers in this ?
what are you thoughts on the possibility of braking through the methadone?

*Let me add I personally, have a VERY high methadone elimination rate.*

I don't think that's long enough after 140 mgs that's a shit load of methadone man even with a fast metabolism your not gonna be cleaned out enough to enjoy a heroin buzz. You could just overdose and die. My advice at least keep it till the morning or the next afternoon. Or just wait till your in withdrawal then you know you'll feel it. Don't waste that precious dope by shooting it on 140 mgs of methadone cause you won't feel hardly anything if you even do.

Agreed with trainspotter10102, you're on far too high a dose of methadone (140mg). Anything past 30-40mg's blocks other opiates, and of course diminishes the euphoria completely.

I also have a ridiculously fast metabolism, but that m-done is gonna block anything "fun". That's why I just started using benzo's, phenergan, and weed with my 70mg; to catch a nod. Xanax + methadone can make me sedated and extremely confused now and then.

Well i just slammed 150mg up my arms of nice real nice hard, black, shiny, rock hard, Black Tar Heroin... and NOTHING. LOL!! ugh. I hate wasting money/dugs.

What all effects does an individual get from IVING Heroin, while being in heroin?

thanks!

You won't feel anything since methadone blocks opiates in high doses in a similar way that bupe does.

Not to mention that you are playing with your life by doing other CNS depressants on a high dose of methadone.

You're not going to feel shit, trust me. That's way too high of a methadone dose. Even shooting twice what you normally would still would barely get you high.

The danger though, is that even though the methadone will block the high, the dope will still cause respiratory depression, and that combined with the methadone, even though you don't feel loaded, you can still overdose.

Pick one man.. either you wanna be on methadone and stay straight, or you wanna go out and use. Doing both is just pointless and you're wasting your time, and the clinics time.

What's the point of being on methadone maintenance if you're going to try and break through? You're more likely to waste your money, time, drugs, and you could even die ODing by trying to push enough heroin through to feel anything.

Stick to your methadone maintenance therapy and do not deviate.

What's the point of being on methadone maintenance if you're going to try and break through? You're more likely to waste your money, time, drugs, and you could even die ODing by trying to push enough heroin through to feel anything.

Stick to your methadone maintenance therapy and do not deviate.
I would listen to this guy. I tried to "break through" on suboxone, and did. I od'ed about a minute later and spent two days in the hospital. I understand how your feeling I'm on maintenance too. Pm me if you want someone to talk to.

thanks for the replies guys- I have been having a hard to with my methadone maintenance, im not prescribed enough by the doctor, so I always end up going out and using or having to use to not be sick..

Yeah I know its a total waste to shoot up when your on such a high done' dose, which i found out first hand.

thanks for the replies guys- I have been having a hard to with my methadone maintenance, im not prescribed enough by the doctor, so I always end up going out and using or having to use to not be sick..

Yeah I know its a total waste to shoot up when your on such a high done' dose, which i found out first hand.

Tell the clinic that your dose isn't adequate and that you metabolize it rapidly and ask for split/twice daily dosing. They should raise your dose at the very least considering their very purpose is to prevent you from having to go out and having to use.

^This. Some people actually need to take methadone twice in a 24 hour period to stay stabilized...Although most of the people getting a split dose are lying so they can stockpile methadone.

140 mgs doesn't hold you?! That's crazy...I'm not saying you're lying, but that's a very high dose! Even if the level of methadone in your system was low enough to feel some heroin, 140 mgs of methadone daily will have your tolerance so high, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than .25 grams!

Yeah, seriously, consider the fact that going higher than 140mg means you will suffer brutal withdrawals when the day comes.

Yea I need to split whatever dose I vet for my fast metabolism but it doesn't mean I can get high on heroin after 12 hours. Lol I see you didn't listen haha its hard to keep that dope eh I understand why you did it but you see why we all said its so stupid to do? Either be on heroin or be on methadone mixing the two is taking for trouble.

There is no way in hell that 140mg does not hold you. In my experience, 80mg at the most will cover almost any dope/pill habit that anyone could have. Besides maybe medically prescribed Fentanyl patches, but anyone on those would likely be terminally ill or have chronic pain condition.

**EDIT**

I was on 110mgs for 3 years, and I could never feel a quarter shot of dope. I found that dose to be almost overkill. I know how you feel, trust me. 140 is a lot, needing to go up just seems insane.

I find it hard to believe that 140mg's isn't holding you.. ha. Your habit was not even close to big enough to warrant that high of a dose.

What's happening, is you never gave your body time to stabilize on the methadone.. (it takes a week or so). If you keep doing all this dope on top of the methadone, then your tolerance rises twice as much, and then when you stop doing the dope on top, the methadone doesn't do it for you.. so then you think the answer is to keep going up in dose, which is why you're at an outrageous dose for what your previous opiate habit was..

Stop doing dope on top, stay at the dose you're on (it's already way high and going up even more is just going to really screw you in the long run), and your body will adjust to the dose and you'll be fine.

No offense, but stop fooling yourself, you're not doing dope because the doses aren't "holding" you.. you're doing it because you still want to get high and you're just using that as a justification. "Oh, my back hurts a little.. guess my methadone dose is too low, gotta go out and do dope now". Come on, man.

And to top it all off, I'm sure you're still doing ridiculous amounts of alprazolam too.. so 140mg's of methadone, plus doing dope on top, plus massive benzo intake=you're going to OD and you'll be lucky if it doesn't kill you.

I don't know what you're thinking, man.

Well i just slammed 150mg up my arms of nice real nice hard, black, shiny, rock hard, Black Tar Heroin... and NOTHING. LOL!! ugh. I hate wasting money/dugs.

What all effects does an individual get from IVING Heroin, while being in heroin?

thanks!
Taking that much methadone, you should be feeling pretty good from that alone...?

For me personally, I have to wait like at least 2-3 days with NO methadone to get any kind of feeling from heroin, the longer I go with no methadone, the better the H high is though.

Doing points of heroin can work for awhile if you have the self control, but the way that it's sold where I'm from in the northeast, it makes it virtually impossible to stay at that level once you get into it!

No offense, but the fact that you would even think .15 of tar would do anything to you on 140 mgs of methadone shows that you really don't know a whole hell of a lot about methadone!

Even people doing 3-4 bundles/grams a day, 80-100mgs of methadone will completely hold them, and kill cravings....

Only one habit did I ever have where 40mgs of methadone wouldn't hold me...And even then, if I had waited 4-5 days, I'm sure that dose would've worked....

I think 80-100 mgs is a good maintenance dose for someone with a big opiate habit even if it's more than they need...mainly because it does help with the cravings a lot...For some reason, if I'm on a high dose of methadone...even if it's not getting me high, I don't really think about heroin...on suboxone I do crave opiates!

I'd like to add something form my experience with methadone and suboxone. They both are opiates, but they really lack the pleasure, or "euphoric" feeling that comes along with H. It took me a while to realize this on a deeper level.

Some people, including myself, thought that if you get the dosage just right of methadone or suboxone, that you will feel similar to being on H all day. This is true to a degree, but there is a reason that methadone and suboxone are used for maintenance, and that is because they aren't as pleasurable. So, when you say 140mg isn't holding you, do you mean you still get cravings? Because I doubt that you are "sick". I still got cravings and still do on high dose methadone and suboxone.

It's the hardest aspect of quitting that you have to give up feeling high. You're definition of "being held" might be different from other posters. Some people are never satisfied with methadone or suboxone, and sometimes just quitting straight up is actually a better option if the methadone is causing you to chase a high because "you're almost there"

^And I find it kind of sad and funny that it seems like the people who go on methadone for moderate prescription opioid abuse seem to chase the "methadone high" far more than heavy IV heroin users do...

The equianalgesic dose of methadone compared to other opiates doesn't even begin to tell the full story of the drug's potency! That goes for buprenorphine as well...