• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

hi-new and glad to b here-hello to all

2toned

Greenlighter
if anyone has any info for me please help---I take suboxone, 4 mgs/d. been on it almost 5 yrs ---started with usual 16 mgs/d now tapered down to this dose. Here's my situation. was on opiates for over 11 yrs due to MVA - started with suboxone because of the ill effects long term opiates was having on my GI tract. I still have quite a lot of pain issues specifically due to plates/screws in my rt foot. I find that taking carisoprodol helps with the pain and spasms. I can not find a dr who will rx these meds for me. I was recently cancelled from a pcp appnt.---their reason was that I was 'dr shopping' - well yeah if trying to find a doctor who will listen and physically examine my issues-- dr shopping??? I have documented x-rays along with previous dx of the physical issues of the MVA. Any suggestions/advise? I feel like an idiot and a very pissed of one at that.:\
Thanks so much

Welcome.

I'm not sure how we can help with doctor advice or how to get them to presc meds, I myself have very little experience with doctors in general. I can imagine the situation you're in though.

Perhaps asking here may be of use.

Welcome to BL!

I am sorry to hear about your pain. If you have questions about Suboxone, I am sure that the Suboxone Mega Thread in Other Drugs will be very helpful. :)